• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World Map Player Customization of the Help Building Picker

Momonar

I would like a player setting per city which would allow me to specify how the Help Building Picker works.
I would like to choose between these priorities:

1) Culture -> This is how I believe it works now. The auto-picker picks an un-helped building with the highest culture.
2) Mana -> I would like the auto-picker to pick the un-helped building with the highest mana.

If per city settings don't have a home in the user interface, it could always be added as a tab on the Main Hall properties.

BrinDarby

Culture, Main Hall, or Builders Hut can be helped,
not orcs, mana, seeds, or resources... It took 6yrs to
get the current UI for N.help, a whole new UI would
have to be developed if other than those 3 were
add'd to be helped. InnoGames can't afford the dev cost.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Culture, Main Hall, or Builders Hut can be helped,
not orcs, mana, seeds, or resources... It took 6yrs to
get the current UI for N.help, a whole new UI would
have to be developed if other than those 3 were
add'd to be helped. InnoGames can't afford the dev cost.
Mana works via Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood. This is not the first time a suggestion was made to help the Lighthouse function better.

EDIT: Here is my suggestion back when only mobile had the quick visit feature.

Last edited:

Genefer

I would love to be able to choose the neighbor help option to Culture only and have only those offered - also rather than highest culture value - Enchanted Buildings first and then highest Culture Value. It would be nice to exclude Pets from neighborly help also, because they cannot be enchanted and cost me 11% of Culture Bonus opportunity for those I do not store.

For cities that receive more help than Culture Buildings available for polish they could have a default to Builder > Main Hall

Or if the player prefers Main Hall ...

or Builder > Main Hall

Not sure if Mana Buildings would be prioritized, because utilizing the LGN for Mana production requires strategic Culture and mana/culture selection so that might not be something they are willing to push to the front, but who knows.

Then again, I doubt they would invest any effort into increasing player satisfaction concerning neighborly help and the map city location issues.

Pheryll

Set Designer
also rather than highest culture value - Enchanted Buildings first and then highest Culture Value.

Not sure if Mana Buildings would be prioritized, because utilizing the LGN for Mana production requires strategic Culture and mana/culture selection so that might not be something they are willing to push to the front, but who knows.
Prioritizing enchanted buildings solves the LoGN issue; otherwise players are left with a scarcity of options for good mana buildings to polish.

Genefer

hmm I wasn't even thinking about how it would affect mana culture - the change would require preemptive enchantment to push them into the rotation as opposed to enchanting them once polished. This is probably why enchanted buildings do not affect the culture rotation for neighborly help - darn it!

I have 18 Orc nests and I swear 80% of the time the one polished is unenchanted causing me to have multiple enchanted that are inactive degrading the value of my enchantments.

Once the LGN is introduced the culture potential of mana/culture buildings become the deciding factor of which mana/culture buildings to have in your city.

The Magical Mana Hut & Manta Ray lose value in favor of the Hungry Treasure, mystical lake, manta boat, lava egg, solar nexus..... because of their relative culture value is so low the probability of being polished is next to never - unless you have an FS that is willing to visit the city directly.

To get the most out of the LGN Mana Production Boost also requires the Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse to increase the number of buildings polished in the city - without the Bell the same building can be polished 3 times with a level 30 bell a single polish lasts 24-hrs so now instead of one opportunity for a mana/culture polish there are 3.

You need the Sanctuary & Watchtower Ruins to cover your Culture costs without having to add 20 buildings that will have run through the culture rotation before a mana/culture is offered for neighborly help.

Culture Potential takes priority over culture per tile, and the potential is dependent on the watchtower ruins....

Finally, the city needs to generate enough neighborly help to polish the buildings to pass through the rotation encompassing the mana/culture.

That said, I don't think enchanted status will be prioritized in the culture rotation.

hvariidh gwendrot

do manual visits amd help whatever building you want,
but that is what people complained about and got the default settings for visits

Lady Chessa

I have a suggestion for the neighbor help. First a little background. I have a very clear message on my banner, (that almost no one reads) it says, "Main Hall ONLY, please". Yet, 95% of those returning my daily neighbor visits, as well as several people in my own fellowships , only click on my culture. Before you say anything about there being a limit to Main Hall...I know about that, and I'm on the game enough that my limit is not nearly reached, so that does not apply here. Folks click on culture because it's the closest one. That's a fact. So those of us who don't want or need culture, take a loss. That "help" is just a neighbor helping themselves and not bothering to return what's wanted or needed.
I would suggest that we be able to simply put a heart on the help that we want, either Main Hall, Builder or Culture. The same way we already do for our Ancient Wonders. How hard would it be to add a line on the popup box, where we could tick to show preference for the help we actually need? If the person has no preference, then they can simply not activate a heart on anything. Just like we already have the ability to do with our Ancient Wonders, now.
Many banners are a jumble that make them hard to read and understand, many players don't bother to read them anyway, and I don't know, but I think that depending on what device you use to play the game, banners may not show up or be harder to read anyway. But if we could 'heart' our preference for visiting neighbors help, I think it would help a lot to fix this issue.
Final note: If you're visiting a neighbor and give them culture, when they ask for Main Hall, you are not giving them anything at all, if they don't need culture. It's just wasted. There are those of us who keep their culture at the maximum level. So any culture that a neighbor tries to give, is just throwing it away and giving us nothing. Lastly, if you are requesting Main Hall on your banner, but you give me culture or builder, I will not return my 'help' to your Main Hall! You'll get something that you don't want or need, just like I did. LOL!

Smooper

I have a suggestion for the neighbor help. First a little background. I have a very clear message on my banner, (that almost no one reads) it says, "Main Hall ONLY, please". Yet, 95% of those returning my daily neighbor visits, as well as several people in my own fellowships , only click on my culture. Before you say anything about there being a limit to Main Hall...I know about that, and I'm on the game enough that my limit is not nearly reached, so that does not apply here. Folks click on culture because it's the closest one. That's a fact. So those of us who don't want or need culture, take a loss. That "help" is just a neighbor helping themselves and not bothering to return what's wanted or needed.
I would suggest that we be able to simply put a heart on the help that we want, either Main Hall, Builder or Culture. The same way we already do for our Ancient Wonders. How hard would it be to add a line on the popup box, where we could tick to show preference for the help we actually need? If the person has no preference, then they can simply not activate a heart on anything. Just like we already have the ability to do with our Ancient Wonders, now.
Many banners are a jumble that make them hard to read and understand, many players don't bother to read them anyway, and I don't know, but I think that depending on what device you use to play the game, banners may not show up or be harder to read anyway. But if we could 'heart' our preference for visiting neighbors help, I think it would help a lot to fix this issue.
Final note: If you're visiting a neighbor and give them culture, when they ask for Main Hall, you are not giving them anything at all, if they don't need culture. It's just wasted. There are those of us who keep their culture at the maximum level. So any culture that a neighbor tries to give, is just throwing it away and giving us nothing. Lastly, if you are requesting Main Hall on your banner, but you give me culture or builder, I will not return my 'help' to your Main Hall! You'll get something that you don't want or need, just like I did. LOL!
I try to read what players want for help but sometimes you get going on hitting a certain thing and hit the wrong thing when it changes up. My message on my city banner is a preference. You play the game like you want but if you want to help me you can boost a culture building.

I won't even comment on the fact that helping the main hall is inefficient.

bulldurham2

I like the suggestion of having a type of building favorited. In addition to making it easier to polish what players want, it frees up the city's title so as to allow for some creativity, which is what was intended I believe.

bulldurham2

I imagine that a good way to solve the problem of maximizing the Lighthouse of Good Neighbor is to allow players to individually favorite mana buildings if they have the lighthouse. That way the smaller mana buildings won't be prioritized.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I imagine that a good way to solve the problem of maximizing the Lighthouse of Good Neighbor is to allow players to individually favorite mana buildings if they have the lighthouse. That way the smaller mana buildings won't be prioritized.

One of the things answered by a developer on discord was that they were looking to allow the player to select the type of building that they would prefer to be helped (so far the types being discussed are culture, builder and main hall). This would simplify neighborly help down to a single click.