• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Players Leaving?

Lemon Wren

I have one of the smallest cities in a top ten FS on SA and we had one very high level player quit the game entirely because of this.

I also have one of the largest cities in a very casual FS also on SA and we just had three new players to the game join. So Inno has to be promoting this game online because this FS has been slowly shrinking over time as the other players aren't interested in the spire or tournies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Players like SoggyShorts, Jackylut, and Min-Max and the rest
went out On Top.

No, Soggy quit because he got tired of how the game was changing a year ago. Jack quit because real life prevented him from having enough spare time to play. MinMax just disappeared. Him not even saying goodbye feels like Covid or something else got him and he passed away suddenly.

quin629

Preliminary data from the last 3 weeks, across 4 US servers:
# of players in the tourney has dropped 2.5% - 3%
# of FSs participating in the spire has dropped as well, though only just under 2%
# of FSs achieving Gold spire has generally increased by 1 or 2. Makes sense - those who are staying are actively trying harder to obtain the needed resources.

Will try to keep tracking this to see if the trends continue. I wish now that I had had data going back to at least 1 or 2 weeks before the change, or even the 1st week after the change, but..... hindsight.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@quin629 Spire data past year for US6 Sinya Arda. Number of fellowships reaching Gold and Silver by ending Spire date.
1708313966811.png
1708314154009.png

Last edited:

quin629

My Arendyll fellowship only does Gold Spire every two or three weeks, so we are going to throw off your numbers, depending on the week. :)

Won't throw the #s off at all. I expect there are multiple FSs (on all worlds) that do that. They won't all go gold on the same week, so it will average out. And I'm gathering data from multiple worlds, too.. Just looking for big picture trends here, to see if data supports our personal observations of players lost due to the changes. If they are balanced by players gained, Inno will have no reason to care about the lost numbers.

@iamthouth love the additional data - thank you!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If I leave the game, I probably wouldn’t say goodbye bc there won’t be many people left. It doesn’t mean I died of COVID. It meant I died of boredom.
Aww... please let us know. Some of us would worry. I'd say goodbye even despite the people who'd say I'm a drama queen who wants sympathy for leaving. That wouldn't be it at all. I would simply want the people who are like me to not wonder what happened. I still sometimes message someone in game to ask if they are okay, and it's been 2 years. It's just some of us are like that ... call us crazy, lol.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think a lot of the reason that more fellowships are getting silver and gold in spire is because a lot of them were late in discovering perk points, or in building them up, and the perk points more than anything are the reason for the increase.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
Have had several people leave my FS recently specifically because of these changes. One player's culture rate dropped overnight to a negative in the MILLIONS.

I would quit too, had I been that badly screwed over. HOW is one supposed to recover from that big a hit?

My culture went into one mil negative. I had it fixed within couple of days by removing some armouries and placing a lot of culture buildings.
I used to be in top 10 in ranking now I'm 44 and dropping. I played half the time of what the top players played so I only find it fair that
they are ranked higher now. I'm not playing catch up by building Thrones because it won't do much due to my low level of AW levels. I find working on AWs boring and now costly as well so I've stopped putting instants in them. AWs are not necessarily that beneficial for normal game play, just for ranking due to this change.

The game they were playing no longer exists, and it happened violently and without warning.

I wouldn't call this change violent as it is a very strong word that means a physical harm. I can see that not much has changed on the Forums, still over dramatised and judgemental.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I wouldn't call this change violent as it is a very strong word that means a physical harm.

The word violent is not only used of physical harm; color may described as violent, for instance, with the meaning of "vivid". It came into the language carrying the meaning of "having a marked or powerful effect", which connotation still underlies its usage in many contexts, in the way I employed it here.

Dhurrin

My FS has seen 2 major players leave. 1 parked her city, the other completely deleted his account. Both over the new AW system btw. And I'm talking about 2 players whose main cities were over 3 million points at the time, so not some small fish either.

And yes, I do think it was a violent change. I dropped about 650.000 points in culture from one day to the next. Didn't go negative as I tend to have a lot of the evolving buildings up, but it still mad quite an impact.
I also rose in rank from place 21 to place 8, something I don't really give a fart about. Though now I am working on the Throne, because it will replace at least some of that lost culture.

TimeMachine

I've justed counted gold mines on the world map of my main city on DE.

Today I've broken my personal record in counting gold mines, got exactly 100 of them now on the researched part of my world map.

This is how parts of my former active neighbourhood are looking like nowadays:

1709316438807.png

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I just counted and have 108. Covers everywhere from 6 o'clock to 10'o'clock on my map, about 4-5-6 deep. I have been hoping to be moved for a long time, but hasn't happened.

Dhurrin

I've justed counted gold mines on the world map of my main city on DE.

Today I've broken my personal record in counting gold mines, got exactly 100 of them now on the researched part of my world map.

This is how parts of my former active neighbourhood are looking like nowadays:

Nasty! I see goldmines creeping up on me further week by week, but it's not that bad yet, I seem to have 61. But I have been scouting away from them, so my map is not really a nice ring anymore. EVERYTHING north, northeast and east of my map is blank..

Untitled.gif