• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Players Leaving?

Glandeh

A member of my FS got two simultaneous offers today: 200% diamonds and extra restorations. He's not even tempted, the way thing are now.

Yogi Dave

Leaving the game March 9.

I stared playing Elvenar March 1, 2017. So 7 years. Now, I'm joining the ranks of people leaving. It's not so much due to the changes in the gam., Don't look at that as being the motivating reason. They haven't affected me much. Well, the change to how tourney squad size and catering cost changed, but I got over that-ish. No, it's more that my city has become stagnant. I have more goods, spells, etc. then I need. For example, I have enough PPs to fill a portal 190 times or get 1.5 million spell frags from them. Event buildings don't really help me and if I like a building, I can simply trade out an existing one. My AWs are upgraded to what I want them to be. Doing more to them or adding new ones hurts tourney play. My city is large and full, so the last several times I've done a reorg, it's been painful. Plus, I only do that when a new chapter comes out - once a year. Then it takes less than 2 months to complete. I'm staying in my FS until March 9th after the tourney ends. During the week, I'll be passing on about 6 million normal goods to everyone in the FS. That's 6 million for every good, so 54 million for everyone. The sentient goods are much less. Only about 160k for each of the nine per person. See what I mean about having plenty of everything? Also, there is KP and shards to go. Though, filling AWs with KP won't help them upgrade, nor will the goods I get to them.

Overall, what I'll miss most is the people I've been playing with and being in the forum. They have been what has kept me in the game this last year or so.

Oh, the change to discord for info also made makes info harder to find/follow. But there are more cat pics than here. So, there's that.

Dhurrin

I stared playing Elvenar March 1, 2017. So 7 years. Now, I'm joining the ranks of people leaving. It's not so much due to the changes in the gam., Don't look at that as being the motivating reason. They haven't affected me much. Well, the change to how tourney squad size and catering cost changed, but I got over that-ish. No, it's more that my city has become stagnant. I have more goods, spells, etc. then I need. For example, I have enough PPs to fill a portal 190 times or get 1.5 million spell frags from them. Event buildings don't really help me and if I like a building, I can simply trade out an existing one. My AWs are upgraded to what I want them to be. Doing more to them or adding new ones hurts tourney play. My city is large and full, so the last several times I've done a reorg, it's been painful. Plus, I only do that when a new chapter comes out - once a year. Then it takes less than 2 months to complete. I'm staying in my FS until March 9th after the tourney ends. During the week, I'll be passing on about 6 million normal goods to everyone in the FS. That's 6 million for every good, so 54 million for everyone. The sentient goods are much less. Only about 160k for each of the nine per person. See what I mean about having plenty of everything? Also, there is KP and shards to go. Though, filling AWs with KP won't help them upgrade, nor will the goods I get to them.

Overall, what I'll miss most is the people I've been playing with and being in the forum. They have been what has kept me in the game this last year or so.

Oh, the change to discord for info also made makes info harder to find/follow. But there are more cat pics than here. So, there's that.
Sorry to see you go, but I feel exactly what you mean as I'm in more or less the same position. I will try to stick it out a bit longer though

Yogi Dave

I hope I didn't disparage Elvenar. It's the only online game I've played which I unknowingly stumbled into it. It turned out to be what I wanted in a game - camaraderie with ability to help and be helped along with fun banter, non-completive (no player vs player), development at one's own pace, strategy, an evolving game that can be (and is) at times frustrating. The forum has been great - I read @Mykan's guide as soon as I joined and did my 1st post 8d after I started the game. The thread was about declinable quest: "My name is Yogi Dave, and I am a declinable quest cycler addict" or something like that. This forum contains a plethora of info that anyone can contribute to, complain about the game, argue about (what does 'unfair trade' mean, cater vs battle, 'your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries' - woops, insults are frowned upon, etc.) or just read quietly in the background without having to join. There have even been some changes to the game based on feedback, though slow in coming. Too bad they switched to disco. Sorry, I don't dance, though I tried for a while. Comments disappeared by 100 or more within an hour, most of them saying the same thing. Even finding the topic of interest is tough. I don't like that change. Cat pictures for all.

I have to say the best part has been that we can work with others. The FS is a fantastic part of the game. I've been glad to be a part of Fresh Air with Coffee, FAwC. Come on say the acronym. Think of all the ways it can be used. o_O 5 of us founded it in Sept. 2018. I'll really miss it. It's the people there and here that have kept me in the game the last year or so.

As far as finding another game: In the last few days, I've read descriptions about a dozen or so, skipped reading about a hundred or so and played for a short while a couple. Damn it! So far nothing comes close to Elvenar, which says a lot about this game. BTW, I haven't tried the game whose name shall not be mentioned. I'll keep looking for one but maybe switch back to Civilization for a while. I played it from 1992 when it came out until 2017 when I started Elvenar.

I looked at my progress through the game and saw that I'd caught up with the end of chapters just before chapter 14, constructs, which came out in Feb., 2019. So, in 2 years I did 13 chapters and in the last 5, there have been only 8 new ones. Most of these 5y has been waiting for a new chapter and building up my city, especially the AWs. Remember when that was a good thing? My goods have grown massive, and I don't need but a few a day until a new chapter comes along. Even then, a new chapter won't put more than a dent in them. I have a bit over 1 billion of the original 9 goods, 37 million sentient goods and 29 million ascended goods. I had enough PPs to fill a portal 190 times or generate 1.5 million spell frags by disenchanting them. Less now since I've been disenchanting them the last few days to allow me to craft 5d building for the coming week. I had around 40 and now have over 100. What a tourney this last week will be!
So, it's not really the game or the changes to it. It's that a chapter a year is just too long with nothing to upgrade in my city. I loop around the FS dumping my KP into their AWs, but that doesn't help as much, and I can't get goods to them which would help upgrade them. (I know, that can be considered a form of pushing.) I understand Inno can't really make new chapters faster since there needs to be more twist and turns than the previous ones while making additions and fixes to the game. If I hadn't caught up to the end of chapters so long ago, I'd probably still enjoy the game.

It remains a great game and I hope my words doesn't discourage people from playing. Sorry-ish this post is so long.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

That's one of the reasons I haven't been on the forum as much lately. Sometimes I'll pop in and see one member and 20 guests, and I just bop back out again. The forum was a big pull to me, in its heyday, just knowing that I'd be able to speak with and gain advice from all my friends here.

I think Inno killed the forum the minute they took the in-game link out. People are lazy (or else just too stressed with life) to have to dig for the bookmark. They like the ease of the foum link in game, and it acts as a reminder to go to the forum. I haven't been on half as much ... I used to check here several times a day. Now it's several times a week.

As of March 1st, I turned over my fellowship, Thornwood, to Answered Sea. She'll make a great archmage; I can tell. But I have to admit I'm bittersweet about it. Sad to be stepping down, but relieved that I don't feel guilty anymore when I don't feel like playing more than once a day. I'm still in the fellowship and will be for the foreseeable future. But I have to admit, not being archmage makes it easier to think about leaving.

Yogi, I'm really sad to see you go. You've been such a big help to me since I started in 2019. Thank you for all the good you did me over the years.

PippinBoy

I understand Inno can't really make new chapters faster since there needs to be more twist and turns than the previous ones while making additions and fixes to the game. If I hadn't caught up to the end of chapters so long ago, I'd probably still enjoy the game.

It remains a great game and I hope my words doesn't discourage people from playing. Sorry-ish this post is so long.
This alone is enough to keep me moving - slowly - through the game. I am only in Ch 15 - The Elvenar - and am now just going to slow down and enjoy the ride. I will rearrange, upgrade roads, swap out old culture for new, spend time analyzing my options instead of trying to plow through as quickly as possible to get to the next challenge (Chapter). I like this game - despite the bad changes - so I guess I'll stay for awhile longer. Thanks @Yogi Dave , you'll be missed.

Henroo

Oh Wise One

Well, crap! I'd use much stronger language, except I think the mods might censor it. I am really sorry to see you go. You are one of the great long term members of this forum and you are one of the player's whose posts helped me learn this game when I joined in early 2020. Many of the others (Soggyshorts, Crazywizard, Ashrem, Min-Max Gamer) have already left. You are one of the last remaining OG players of Elvenar and have been a critical part of this forum and we will miss you.

That being said, I was surprised you only had 6 million of each good. Either you catered a lot more than I did or my definition of "too many goods" is way higher than yours. ;)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
That being said, I was surprised you only had 6 million of each good. Either you catered a lot more than I did or my definition of "too many goods" is way higher than yours. ;)

I think catering, and giving people advantageous trades when they need it, are the reasons my definition of a lot of goods is anything higher than 3 million. Of course, I do cater about half the time. I rarely have 3 million of everything ... usually just my boosts.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I think catering, and giving people advantageous trades when they need it, are the reasons my definition of a lot of goods is anything higher than 3 million. Of course, I do cater about half the time. I rarely have 3 million of everything ... usually just my boosts.
I'm not a hoarder. I'm just REALLY well prepared. ;)
1709678791973.png

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Keep in mind that marble, crystal, and elixer ARE my boosted resources in this city. I have Blooming Trader Guild at L32 and I buy my non-boosted goods on a daily basis from the wholesaler. I also have Prosperity Towers at L16 and 4 magic workshops. I enchant them daily. Basically, I buy goods from the wholsaler so fast it is hard to trade them for my boosted and keep up.

Yogi Dave

That being said, I was surprised you only had 6 million of each good. Either you catered a lot more than I did or my definition of "too many goods" is way higher than yours.
I have a bit over 1 billion of the original 9 goods, 37 million sentient goods and 29 million ascended goods. I had enough PPs to fill a portal 190 times or generate 1.5 million spell frags by disenchanting them.
I have no idea where you got the 6 million from. 1 billion is a lot more the 54 million. You have a few more than I do, but I do give members of my FS good deals and typically my balancing trades gave a 10% bonus, especially for the sentient goods. Seems like my go to number was 33000 for 30000 for S goods. Add another 0 for basic goods.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have no idea where you got the 6 million from. 1 billion is a lot more the 54 million. You have a few more than I do, but I do give members of my FS good deals and typically my balancing trades gave a 10% bonus, especially for the sentient goods. Seems like my go to number was 33000 for 30000 for S goods. Add another 0 for basic goods.
I got the 6 million figure from the following quote.
During the week, I'll be passing on about 6 million normal goods to everyone in the FS. That's 6 million for every good, so 54 million for everyone. The sentient goods are much less. Only about 160k for each of the nine per person. See what I mean about having plenty of everything? Also, there is KP and shards to go. Though, filling AWs with KP won't help them upgrade, nor will the goods I get to them.
Although after reading it again, I realize I had not interpreted what you wrote correctly. Sorry.