• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

'Playing' making pretty scenes?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
That's one of the great things about intentionally stopping research at the end/beginning of chapters. I'm a bit more lackadaisical about the research tree than most; I've stopped for as long as a year between guest races. But, I have all that guest race space to play in while I get upgrades done and focus on AW's, tourneys, spire, and events.
You might enjoy taking a look at this thread @satchmo33. It's for posting pics of special spots in your city. The thread's been around awhile, folks post in there sporadically, but it's got at least one post as recent as this week; there were several posted during the most recent Winter Event, too.

DeletedUser27062

Does anyone else like to put together buildings to make pretty groupings in their city? I realize that this is a completely un-serious question....but, every so often I like to let my four-year-old out and 'play house' when things are slow.
I stopped at the end of Ch 10 and love it!

pretty (1).png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm seriously thinking of taking a research break as soon as I finish 16, just to feel the F-R-E-E-D-O-M from guest races again.

I honestly wish that Inno would get off the guest race kick and just have ONE later chapter in which a whole new concept is tried. No portal. Just incentives and special quests to optimize your city on the path YOU choose ... for instance, let's try this scenario: The first quest tells you that there is a new, dangerous race populating the regions nearby and you must mobilize to either fight them or negotiate with them. The quest asks if you wish to be a Trader or a Fighter, and then tailors quests for you based on that option, to "superpower" your city to do one or the other, with a new AW to match your choice. The storyline unfolds to tell you how your enhancements are helping in the confrontation with the new race. But that new race isn't a guest race in your city ... just you fighting or negotiating with them and building up what you have. Anyway, I'd like that, even if no one else would.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh, yay! I thought that e'one'd be falling off their chairs laughing at me. I got to chapter 16 and decided that it was so un-fun that I just stopped. And transported alla the buildings. Space, much!!!
Yup Yup that's right where I stopped; the third time that I teleported all the Tents and Gardens, i just kind of thought, meh, I don't want them back out, it's such a tedious chapter. Not to mention that I never want to view the Ogress who swallowed a Fairy Queen in my advisor's window :eek:

Blue-Iris

Does anyone else like to put together buildings to make pretty groupings in their city?
Yep. This for me is the whole point.

Samidodamage said:
That's one of the great things about intentionally stopping research at the end/beginning of chapters. I'm a bit more lackadaisical about the research tree than most; I've stopped for as long as a year between guest races. But, I have all that guest race space to play in while I get upgrades done and focus on AW's, tourneys, spire, and events.
What a great idea!! Thanks for this!!!