• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Posterity Tower or Blooming Trader Guild?

DeletedUser3613

I'm about to take on the Orcs. Does anyone have an opinion on which of the Posterity Tower or Blooming Trader Guild would be the most beneficial for coping with this chapter? I've heard that it's heavy on supplies, which would suggest the PT; but the BTG has the portal boost : Dilemma.
(Yes, both would be nice, but for the time being it's got to be one or t'other)

Arkadia

I'm done w Woodelves, n to this point I havent had the Prosperity Tower. But I like my Busy Bee (Blooming Trader) :)

I remember going through a buncha spells though to boost my workshops in the Orc chapter

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Neither are needed it comes down to your town design and preference.

Prosperity towers - will help you with supplies, even better if you use PoP spells. Best option if you often struggle with supplies. If your good with supplies consider other wonder.

Trader - Boost to guest race goods will use less T3 goods, if you struggle for T3 goods then go this option. Also can help to collect goods quicker so depends on your preference for speed. Another reason for this is if you use the wholesaler a lot.

Either way I don't think you will be disappointed, both are good wonders.

Arkadia

Also can help to collect goods quicker so depends on your preference for speed.
Another reason for this is if you use the wholesaler a lot.

@Mykan how does it help to collect goods quicker? I still collect in 3 hrs with my Blooming Trader ...did i miss something? :eek:

Also as they killed the wholesaler, :confused: it doesnt help much there, but IF u need to trade w people outside of ur range, those trades r gonna be more favorable.

The Portal boosts r definitely good! :)

DeletedUser1901

I found that I was struggling with supplies more through the orc chapter but I'm only running 8 factories... With that being said, having a portal boost is an awesome advantage to have and will speed things up just a bit. I agree with Mykan that it really depends on your city set up. Both are great to have for their benefits and for me it's really hard to decide which is better.

DeletedUser1053

I decided on the blooming trader for the portal boost. I rarely use most spells, so I did not think the towers would complement my play-style as well.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Mykan how does it help to collect goods quicker? I still collect in 3 hrs with my Blooming Trader ...did i miss something? :eek:

My reference to quicker was in terms of quantity from the portal boost not speed of production. If you are a person with a strong aversion to being tech locked the ability to produce more guest race resources lets them accumulate faster then someone with identical number of buildings but no wonder. Hence the reference to faster.

DeletedUser5521

I love my Blooming Trader! I have 3 cities, all in Woodelves chapters, and I have Bumblebee/Blooming Trader in 2 of those cities, and I really miss it in the city in which I don't have it. But I don't have Prosperity Tower in any of my cities (have no need for it currently), so I cannot give a realistic comparison/opinion between the 2 ;) :rolleyes: o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2424

As Mykan alluded, it's a playing style preference. My personal style is to maximize ranking points... with that being said.

Between your two options I'd go with the bee as with it you might find yourself caught up on guest races maybe 2 more out or so...
I personally like to get wonders to LVL 11 before adding new ones though. As by that time you've made up for the loss of ranking points in putting them in... I think Sanctuary is by far the best.

Jiali

Being tired of the constant tech lock built in to the Sorcerers & Dragons chapter, I'm wondering exactly which goods the Blooming Trader will boost. I've got the Mountain Halls at level 2 and I'm thinking of replacing it with the Blooming Trader.

I'd hate to lose the KP's invested in the MH but I've got the last 4 techs in front of me and it seems to be taking FOREVER!

I'm sure the BTG will not help with the shortage of apprentices but what about the other goods? Does it just increase the production of the limited quantity goods in the campus, like the ones the Portal Profit produces?

While I'm here...may as well ask if it's worth having for Halflings lol

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Jiali
The BTG increases the portal production boost for any guest race portal.
The Campus is the S&D equivalent of a portal. A lvl 4 campus provides a 60% boost to all faculty productions (so you are correct, it won't improve apprentices). A BTG at lvl 1 will increase that faculty production boost by 6%. That percentage boost increases as you upgrade the BTG. The Wiki has a table that shows each level and the accompanying percentage boost here. Sometimes those tables are collapsed; if so, click the 'expand' in the top right of the 'overview' table to see the details.
In Halflings, the Spring Grove is the portal. At lvl 4 it will provide a 60% boost to all farms and fields productions. Again, the BTG will increase that production boost by 6%+ depending on its lvl.
The BTG impacts the production of all guest race goods that are boosted by higher levels of the portal, not just the goods with capped storage like the PP's do. That impact is larger the higher you upgrade the BTG. Whether that impact is worth the loss of the MH, only you can decide.

Laochra

Being tired of the constant tech lock built in to the Sorcerers & Dragons chapter, I'm wondering exactly which goods the Blooming Trader will boost. I've got the Mountain Halls at level 2 and I'm thinking of replacing it with the Blooming Trader.

I'd hate to lose the KP's invested in the MH but I've got the last 4 techs in front of me and it seems to be taking FOREVER!

I'm sure the BTG will not help with the shortage of apprentices but what about the other goods? Does it just increase the production of the limited quantity goods in the campus, like the ones the Portal Profit produces?

While I'm here...may as well ask if it's worth having for Halflings lol
I have the GA, the MH & the BTG & I am halfway through Dragons in a couple of cities & finishing WoodElves in my youngest. The MH helps you break through that glass ceiling of 700% on your boosted goods. Without it, you would drop back to the 700% max, but with the MH-every upgrade increases you above that. In one city I have a level 7 & my production boost is 752% for T1, T2 & T3. I only have the GA for the huge pop it gives. The BTG is awesome for increasing the portal productions.

DeletedUser6326

I'm in the Constructs and Elvenar chapters, between my three towns and I have both the Prosperity and Blooming Wonders, as a (mostly) non-fighting player.
I focus more on guest races and taking my time. The Prosperity Tower is great for a lot of events too, on quests that ask for collection of supplies. Super easy to get those done! :)
The Blooming Trader Guild has helped immensely with Portal Production amounts AND Wholesaler amounts (also good for event quests).
This would be the one to go for if you're wanting more production from your Orcs Portal.

The Blooming Trader Guild, Mountain Halls, Golden Abyss, Dragon Abbey and Sunset Towers are my favorite Ancient Wonders and are in all of my towns. I do have others but those are my go-to choices.
It all depends on your play style and what you think works best for your type of advancement. :kp:

Jiali

Thank you guys for your thoughtful replies. :)
I like to fight with my troops and have plenty of goods in storage for a rainy day, always build the guest races to the max and love to finish the chapters as quickly as possible. I think my Mountain Halls has served its useful life, for now. Time to place the Blooming Trader!

@samidodamage - thanks for the numbers. it all makes sense now!

kctanzen

I have a small city I started up to try some new strategies.
One approach I am taking with it -- is to *not* build the Mountain Halls.
The goods bonus applies to the base production only, not after any other bonuses are earned.
Even at greater than 700%, it is a pretty small amount in the grand scheme of things.

Golden Abyss more than makes up for the population gains that is the other effect of Mt Halls-- and eventually I plan on having the Elvenar Trade Center (if I get that far along) and using that along with MM spells to boost productions as needed.

Blooming Trader I will plop in when I find the room -- the bonus for guest productions helps to cut down on some of the space needed / time required and I'm one of those odd folks that prefers to soak off extra coins for goods rather than the never reducing in price KPs. The Blooming Trader effect for wholesaler is worth while for how I like to play.

Edit -- I spaced that the OP said was needing to pick one or the other right now (Prosperity or Blooming)
For sure, do the Prosperity Tower first -- the supplies help is a lot more important now with the triple training queues and orcs chapter is notoriously bad for sucking supplies into a black hole.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I had a BTG and then I sold it. It wasn't worth it to me. Since I use a lot of portal profits to get me through certain techs, the PP boost didn't do much for me.

I was always running short of supplies from catering in the spire. A friend told me to get PT, and I tried it. Wow ... I honestly love that the most out of any of my wonders. No more supply issues.

I guess it just depends upon a person's point of view.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For the prosperity towers, it is better than a workshop and only slightly larger.
Actually since your Workshop costs you almost 1,000 population the PT is smaller.
For almost all cities this is a "must-have" wonder since it saves you space even at level 1 so there is no reason not to have it.
The only exceptions I can think of are
1. if you have 100% magic workshops
2. if you use a PoP spell on all of your workshops
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the BTG, it is completely dependant on 2 factors:
1. How much space are you dedicating to the guest race?
2. How many KP are you willing to put into it?

The BTG takes up 21 squares plus a road. At level 1 it gives a 6% production boost to orc farms and rally points.
If you are using 250 squares (10 expansions) for farms and RP then the BTG would basically give you 0.06 x 250 = 15 squares of production.
That doesn't cover the space it takes up, so you're better off not having it at level 1.
but
If you level it up to level 6 it has a bonus of 12% and gives around 30 squares of production, more than making up for the space it requires.

It's also great to have in chapter 10 where for the first time your guest race production is hard-capped. You simply can't add more guest race buildings since they each must touch the portal. This makes the BTG the only way to increase your production (other than portal profit instants)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1178646

BTG was cool when this topic was created over 3 years ago.
My current advice would be ignore it, forget it, don't use it.

we now have portal profits, hell we drown in that stuff, and it's so much more effective than any BTG could be.
And we all know how bad the influence of wonder can be on tournament and spire.

So do not fall into the BTG trap.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Except PPs have no impact on the uncapped goods, and in the later chapters you have to produce these. BTG is the only option to boost intermediate goods.
From what you say, I surmise that I'll eventually need a BTG, but until I get to those later chapters when PPs don't work, I don't need it.

Before when I had the BTG, I remember thinking that it was so huge, and all I needed was one freaking extra mine and that would more than make up for the 6 percent that it was giving me. It seemed such a waste of space in comparison. Prosperity Towers, on the other hand, can easily replace 3 workshops, at my level, but takes only slightly more space than one workshop. For anyone in Halflings or less, the PT outweighs the BTG by quite a hefty margin. I hated to lose the KP in the BTG since I'd raised it to level 3, but I honestly haven't missed it since I sold it. The portal profits keep me humming along, provided I get my portal up to level 4 as soon as I can. After that, I just sail through the guest races.

Last edited: