• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

production and trade 16:1?

DeletedUser43

And of course whether you pay attention to the math or not, the results will be the same. Very soon the person providing the lower tier goods will run out of being able to supply them to the person with the higher tier goods. When we were all new together, some people in fellowships tried to just trade tier 3 for tier 1, and quickly it became impossible.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
And of course whether you pay attention to the math or not, the results will be the same. Very soon the person providing the lower tier goods will run out of being able to supply them to the person with the higher tier goods. When we were all new together, some people in fellowships tried to just trade tier 3 for tier 1, and quickly it became impossible.
I don't think that would have been the case with different (proper) ratios.
Like you said, you had early FS members try to run just Dust, and the plankers couldn't supply them, but were they trading 100 dust for 1,600 planks, or were they trading 100 dust for 450 planks?(which would have been fair)

If there were 9 players, and each one only built a single type of good, and they traded each other at a 9:4:2 ratio they would all be using the same amount of space. (provided equal boost% and levels)

As noted this still doesn't factor in which tier of goods are more useful at which chapter, thereby having "more value" but since the game has many players at different stages of the game I'd hope that evens out somewhat.

DeletedUser2870

I agree the ratio of 16:1 is very much out of sync.
I have no problem picking such trades though, when it is for either FS-members or active trading partners on the map. But generally speaking it's rare for me to see such offers since most people will put thos trades up as 15:1 or 14:1
Cross-tier trading is fine with me, but it is a reason I have some spare tier 1 factories up.