• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Proposed new purpose for the Enar's Embassy

able99

The Enar's Embassy may be a nice building but judging by the number of members who actually build it, it is not worth having.
To me the name Embassy suggests diplomats, and diplomats negotiate.
I propose giving Enar's Embassy a new meaningful purpose in line with its name.

At level 1, Enar's Embassy should reduce negotiating/carting cost in tournaments by 6%.
Every level up the percentage should increase 1% to a maximum of 35%.

There are so many AW's that help players who fight in tournaments. Enar's Embassy could help players who negotiate.

Apologies if this idea was discussed before.

able99

Yep, been absent from Forum for a while and did remember idea discussed but didn't think any specific details were included.
I tried to keep numbers low to make it palatable to INNO. Currently, I have about 250 useless Enar Shards and hate getting more.
INNO should realize if more people build the Embassy they would benefit with more space used, and more kp spent.
In reality I don't think it will benefit fighters that much, I only carte a few difficult battles. It would help newer players and even playing field between fighting and carting. I agree with you, INNO probably will not consider changes to an existing AW, but one can hope.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The real "problem" here is that the AW is tied to a place in research that many, many players have already passed. If you change it, as noted above, those who have built it will not be happy. If you replace it, those who have it but didn't build it, won't be happy because they can't go back and earn the replacement. Thus, it would seem to me the only option might be to develop a completely different AW and let people "trade in" their Enar's Embassy for it. It would then be an option in the research at that location. An "either/or" choice players make when they do that research. Of course, the coding for that may be a bit much, but then again, maybe not.

AJ

Sprite1313

they can't go back and earn the replacement.
They wouldn't need to "earn" anything. If all you are doing is changing what the AW gives, you aren't "un-researching" the wonder. Even if you wanted to add a new AW to an earlier chapter, you could still do that (INNO just did this with the cauldron technology).

If INNO can nerf the wonder after players have already built it (I'm looking at you, Crystal Lighthouse), then there is no reason they couldn't go back and do the opposite. Will they? Probably not.

able99

If the idea was adopted by INNO as written, anyone who built Enar's Embassy would see the reduction in negotiating/carting cost in the tourney. Its always been possible to build an AW you choose to skip later on as long as you have the shards to fill the wheel.
Members who passed on building it because they recognized it had little or no value to them, can reconsider and build it in any chapter as long as they completed the research for the embassy. I envision many members building it and using/ or exchanging their stockpile of shards to level up their newly built embassy.
If INNO thinks my proposed reduction percentages are too generious (I think they are fair), they can be reduced, or INNO always has the ability to adjust cost for carting in all future tournements.
As it stands right now, in my opionion the Enar Embassey is not worth having, and the shards for it are worthless.

Alram

Flippers just flip
It really depends on play style. I'm very happy with Enars Embassy. I can understand wanting to change wonders that you have absolutely no use for. I run a catering city and I've often thought it would be nice if the 7 useless to me wonders, (Needles, Bulwark, Shrewdy, Toads, Victory, Flying A, and Hero's Forge,) did something, ANYTHING, that I could use.

Sprite1313

It really depends on play style. I'm very happy with Enars Embassy. I can understand wanting to change wonders that you have absolutely no use for. I run a catering city and I've often thought it would be nice if the 7 useless to me wonders, (Needles, Bulwark, Shrewdy, Toads, Victory, Flying A, and Hero's Forge,) did something, ANYTHING, that I could use.
Ah, but what would you think of Enar's if, instead of one broken shard, you got a % reduction in catering costs. So, mana and reduced catering fees? Would you like it even more?

Alram

Flippers just flip
If
Ah, but what would you think of Enar's if, instead of one broken shard, you got a % reduction in catering costs. So, mana and reduced catering fees? Would you like it even more?
I use mana and broken shards. I would prefer they make one of the 7 useless to me wonders useful instead.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It looks to me like all it does is make the game easier for those who like to cater the spire. Which I think (and I could be wrong) isn't a large portion of the player-base.

What does it do to make the game more interesting? (How does it sell more diamonds)

Sprite1313

It looks to me like all it does is make the game easier for those who like to cater the spire. Which I think (and I could be wrong) isn't a large portion of the player-base.

What does it do to make the game more interesting? (How does it sell more diamonds)
All any wonders do is make something easier for some players who want to do something. How do any wonders make the game more interesting? How do any of them sell more diamonds?

We keep hearing from the mods and CMs that more players cater/negotiate than fight, yet there are a disproportionate number of evolving buildings and wonders that benefit fighters. What is wrong with providing something that benefits players who choose not to fight? They still have to add KP, they still have to balance AW level increases with the benefit of catering reduction.

Deleted User - 849411552

Actually the OP was referring to an AW that would help cater tournaments. We do at least have the Astral Phoenix now, to help negotiate the spire.

I do think it is a bit problematic to change the function of the Enar's Embassy at this point, because there are some people who have invested in it for what it does presently. For me, there are several AWs that I have no interest in (not just military ones), but there is already part of the player base who likes them just as they are.

I would sooner have an evolving building, like another phoenix, to help cater the tournament. For the Astral Phoenix, I rewarded Inno with diamonds for an extra phoenix and extra astral artifacts. I would likely do the same for an event building that helped with tournament catering.

I suspect that most players fall into the hybrid category, both fighting and catering tournaments - especially according to the resources they have available at the time. I have noticed a significant number of players saying that, both here in the forums and in my fellowship.

In my case I am primarily a caterer/negotiator, but I always fight the lowest levels of the tournament - because diversity in play styles, as in life in general - is interesting!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
We keep hearing from the mods and CMs that more players cater/negotiate than fight,

This may be true But, "more" is a useless word in this case. It could be accurate, but misleading. If 5001 players out of 10000 cater, that is certainly more, but the difference is insignificant. If we want to seriously discuss what benefits the player base we need something specific.
They should give us specific numbers, and more importantly the numbers should be broken down by what chapter the player is in, and how long they have been playing.
For all we know the "more" players are mostly low chapter players who may not stay with the game.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It could be accurate, but misleading.
I'm not going to spend time looking for it, but that statement was discussed in the forums. The way I remember it, we're already playing telephone with what exactly was said. My memory of that statement and the ensuing discussion is: 'More encounters are solved through catering/negotiation than are solved through combat'. That's probably not exactly what was said either, but I remember it because of the discussion.
That discussion resulted in my belief:
Due to small cities, hybrid (meaning a combo of cater/fight) cities, primarily catering cities, and primarily fighting cities catering due to time/autofight losses/whatever, that makes sense. What it doesn't mean to me is: more players cater/negotiate than fight. I'm 99% combat, but due to rl schedule changes, I neglected the tourney in one city last week and only figured it out around lunchtime. On and off mobile auto-fighting got 10-12 of my provinces (I'm doing 34x6 weekly now) done by the time I could focus on finishing it. There were only about 30min left in tourney and I catered the remaining provinces and reached 34x6 with 7min left. So, 22-24 provinces (132-144 encounters) in 23 minutes. No way I could have fought them that quickly even using auto-fight on mobile! But, that city only fought 60-72 encounters last week.
I still believe the majority of cities are a hybrid. That's the most efficient and easiest way to play, imo. It's way more efficient to use all the resources the game provides than to 'specialize' in fighting or catering.

able99

I can understand wanting to change wonders that you have absolutely no use for.
That is a great line. If I do not have use for a specific wonder, I would not dedicate space to build it or invest kp to level it up.

My point on Enar's Embassy is that hardly anyone sees the value in building it.
The best argument I've seen for building it is it looks great.

Sure it gives mana, and I don't want to change that, I only want to add an extra value to the Embassy so more players will want it.
In my FS only 1 member has it and only because he want to have every AW.
For everyone else getting Enar Shards is a booby prize and useless. It is hard to find players who want it in trade.
It would be interesting if everyone called out the number are Enar shards they own. I have 237, ie 237 pieces of junk

defiantoneks

i will admit to scrolling through quickly and seeing "what about people who already built it" comments, but how about this:
how would you feel if you didn't build it originally, and then donated a large amount of those runeshards to someone else b/c they actually did?
then a new version comes along, and oh, gee, you dont have the necessary runeshards to build your own now.