• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Province Expansions in Late Chapters

Dhurrin

The total number of expansions is equal to all current research, scouting, and premium expansions. There is no overlap. So if you show no more research expansions or scouting expansions, then you will not be able to get any more except by buying premium expansions until they decide to make the grid larger.

The total is 57 from research, 66 from province scouting, and 45 from Premium purchases for a total of 168. If you don't have any of those available and you want to use them, then you have to wait for them to add more in the future with new chapters.

The total number of expansions on the map is larger than the the total amount of expansions a player can open up at the moment.
The total map is 14x13=182 'squares'.
The maximum amount a player can open up, by map, tech and premium combined is 168 EXPANSIONS, but one starts with 6 already, so the total a player can open up is 174, leaving a max of 6 open to be dished out in future chapters.

I have (over the years and definitely before they hugely increased the cost of premium expansions) regularly bought premium expansions as basically space is the ultimate resource in the game. Even now with the free diamonds from the Spire I keep collecting those for premium-expansions.
Right now with my 165 expansions I have can see there still are 17 unlocked expansions on the map and there are 'only' 9 premium expansions left to buy.
Sitting at the end of chap 20 with about 740 completed provinces and something like 60 more scouted but not completed (no real reason to, doesn't really matter any more, so I keep them for event-quests) there are no expansions from the map for me left either, nor any in the techtree (who actually would skip the expansions in the tech-tree?) so I'll just have to wait patiently for the next chapter....or for the diamonds from the Spire to get up to where I can grab the next one (at a 10% discount offer of course)

Genefer

Sitting at the end of chap 20 with about 740 completed provinces and something like 60 more scouted but not completed (no real reason to, doesn't really matter any more, so I keep them for event-quests) there are no expansions from the map for me left either,

Wasn't there an increase in map expansions last year? or were premium expansions increased?

You never know when map expansions might be increased, so if you continue to scout, you'll be ready for it. The game is not over yet - each chapter requires completed provinces to unlock so might as well continue to scout.

Also, completed provinces is an Ancient Wonder variable - the Dragon Abbey, Bell Spire/Crystal Lighthouse, Enar's Embassy, Maze of the Dark Matter, Heroes' Forge, Dragon Ark, and the Oracle of Fortune all improve with each completed province.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Wasn't there an increase in map expansions last year? or were premium expansions increased?
They usually make more expansions available each time they add a chapter. That lasts until they have allocted all the possible squares, at which point they have to re-invent the grid before they can add more.

Gaia7

I have done this Duke and it's terrific. If I lose a battle I go straight to negotiating. Trying to fight the same crew twice is a lesson in misery.
What is the Spire Wizard and how do I get to it? I am terrible with spire and my battle skills and always seem to run out of supplies. Any help is much appreciate!

Dhurrin

You never know when map expansions might be increased, so if you continue to scout, you'll be ready for it. The game is not over yet - each chapter requires completed provinces to unlock so might as well continue to scout.

Also, completed provinces is an Ancient Wonder variable - the Dragon Abbey, Bell Spire/Crystal Lighthouse, Enar's Embassy, Maze of the Dark Matter, Heroes' Forge, Dragon Ark, and the Oracle of Fortune all improve with each completed province.
Yes there was an extra province expansion with the last chapter. And if chap 21 is ever released I'm sure there will be one too. But I'm already way beyond the number that will be required for it. The last one was around 600 or so, so with 740+ I already am ready.
And I do keep scouting, but only do the encounters if I'm running out of provinces to scout. By keeping these encounters 'in stock' as it were I can use them when I need to for eventquests. Or if I'd like to quickly gather a bunch of KPs. There just isn't really any pressing reason.

And yes, the powers of those AWs are increased by the number of provinces. However, Enar and the Lighthouse are crap, so I don't have them up. The Maze and the Abbey provide mana and I'm not short there. For the Oracle it also is the secondary power that is tied to that, and it's effect's increase per province is negligible for me at my present production, same for the Ark and the Forge.

Genefer

lol My Bell Spire is the most important Wonder in my city, but not because of the neighborly help goods, though they are appreciated too.

Blindsider66

Doing the spire regularly, in a busy group most of whom do the spire, can be a steady source of diamonds (200-300 per week isn't too tough). Also crafting as much as you can in the magic Academy (which probably means doing a lot of tournaments for extra runes) can yield another 500 a month or more depending on how flush you are with CCs and fragments.

If only that was true for everyone. My Magic Academy is very rarely left idle and to fill the Mystery Object Chest 3 times in a week is not uncommon. What is uncommon is seeing Diamonds. It has been over 12 months since I last won Diamonds from the Academy and it is now more like a joke to even anticipate winning them.

Peace
Blindsider66

Myne

Oh Wise One
And if you are in a very small Fellowship where after exhausting everything written and watching scores of u-tubes and winding up with the same bad luck equals loss of precious supplies and coin. Oh my!
Start researching other fellowships so that when you are ready to move you know where to go. Sounds like you seek improvement and your fellowship does not.

Genefer

f only that was true for everyone. My Magic Academy is very rarely left idle and to fill the Mystery Object Chest 3 times in a week is not uncommon. What is uncommon is seeing Diamonds.

Same here! I have received Diamonds from the Academy at most a dozen times in 2 years & 8 months of Playing and I constantly craft too.

Spire Diamonds - sure if you are in a Gold Trophy Fellowship, but in reality, there are very few Gold Spire Fellowships, and the spots fill quickly. Of course, even in a Gold FS you have to be able to top the Spire without using more Diamonds than earned.

Of course, if you top the Spire in a Gold Fellowship on all Worlds you can acquire a lot of diamonds far quicker, but the effort seems far greater than the reward to me.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
sure if you are in a Gold Trophy Fellowship, but in reality, there are very few Gold Spire Fellowships, and the spots fill quickly.
Spots open up just as quickly. Any one who wants gold spire should start at the top of the Spire ranking board and work their way down, reading overviews. Once a player finds one that they can meet the requirements of, they should apply(follow the directions in the overview when you apply)

Gold fellowships are constantly seeking gold players.

Genefer

My current Fellowship has filled the couple vacancies that opened since mid-February within hours.

An entrenched Gold Spire Fellowship - more than a couple good spire runs - are composed of highly active players and as a result have a higher member retention rate and the demand for a spot in a Gold Spire Fellowship makes filling any vacancy effortless.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
Gold Spire Fellowships are also full of competitive players who regularly bow out when life calls if they can not perform to standard for whatever reason. They do not expect to be carried by the fellowship and they don't make the AM boot them. Gold Spire Fellowships are constantly losing and accepting new players.

Don't take my word for it, go check Elvenstats. If you want in a gold spire FS(because you are a gold player), apply.

(read the overview, make sure you can meet the requirements and follow the application instructions in the overview)

Genefer

I didn't know there is an option on Elvenstats for Sorting Fellowships by Spire trophies.

Where and how? That would be far more convenient than clicking into each FS to see which attain Gold Trophies - it is a real pain

Genefer

lol it is amazing the little things you can learn in the forum

I never bothered to click on the Spire option in game - tournament but not spire lol

Thank you

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Genefer

Multi step process. Check the spire ranking board in game(best to check after the spire ends or close to it), then go to Elvenstats and check the turnover rate in gold spire fellowships.

Your FS is gold, 25 members, is currently recruiting and so far this year has an average turnover of 2 players per month.