• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Quick and Dirty Summary of Ancient Wonder Changes

BrinDarby

1705784346840.png

This is my oldest city, and just going up 1 CH will cost
me about 150-200 RRs and 8 BPs. and its right, I have
10595 KP ( hahahaha ).

Now, I have (2) MS Lib Sets... but as you can see
( my point of posting ) is that I don't seem to have
a big buildup of RRs/BPs compared to SFs/CCs
even being in a 10 chest FS.

That is 5 years of buildup, as I'm only CH6, and I
do craft alot in my MA.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I envy your collection of Spell Fragments. I should be ok for Combining Catalysts, and have a small stockpile of Royal Restoration, but Spell Fragments will be the limiting factor for me, even though going Gold Spire each week, and having a fully upgraded Moonstone Library set (though only one, not multiples). As soon as I've filled all the wonders with KP, but unable to upgrade, I will start collecting KP for the next chapter I guess.
1705790251536.png

Deleted User - 281932

Most players are extremely upset and many threatened to stop playing and some already sadly quit. The Elvenar discord server has been blowing up for a week straight now since the new changes were launched on beta and then blew up even more when they still decided to launch it on live when it was almost 100 percent negative feedback! You are NOT alone! I really feel players should wait a little before quitting though as there are more adjustments coming and they may make this workable somehow.
I sure hope you are right! This is what I've said in the game...give it time and let's see what happens. It's hard to have that mindset when looking at those changes. I feel fortunate that my cities didn't drop much.
Although, I feel sad for the new players. I don't know how Inno thinks they will be getting any. As soon as they learn they can't upgrade they will be gone. It's so sad! Inno doing this trying to get more $ but they have been chasing off the beginning players. We have taken on a few to help them get a start but now...I don't think we can help the new players with this change.
I have been playing since Aug 2015, so I'll still be around for a while. I've just never been in a hurry. Slowly made it to chapter 18 and looking at it...it looks like this is where I'll die.

Looks like they are tweaking(nerfing) the buffs we gained already!

Prosperity Towers L21 was increased to 100k production following the change, and has now dropped back to 98k per three hours.

Myne

Oh Wise One
TBH I have not looked at any of my stuff and what they are producing or not producing. This whole thing is messed up IMHO

BrinDarby

on a side note........ holy guacamole I just noticed :

3 of my 4 worlds are just starting CH 6 ..... but
in the 1st 4 researches, portal tracks cost is 2200k coins+,
my MH is 910k cap. The game won't allow me to make
partial contributions, so that means they expect me to
upgrade MH 4 frick'n times ??? are they insane ???

There's no way my main city paid 1250 :diamond: to pass
this research, yet my MH cap there is only 1200k.
That can only mean it was recently changed......

So, 3 of my 4 worlds are basically perm stuck
starting out in CH6 ...... Way to go , Inno .....:rolleyes:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
on a side note........ holy guacamole I just noticed :

3 of my 4 worlds are just starting CH 6 ..... but
in the 1st 4 researches, portal tracks cost is 2200k coins+,
my MH is 910k cap. The game won't allow me to make
partial contributions, so that means they expect me to
upgrade MH 4 frick'n times ??? are they insane ???

There's no way my main city paid 1250 :diamond: to pass
this research, yet my MH cap there is only 1200k.
That can only mean it was recently changed......

So, 3 of my 4 worlds are basically perm stuck
starting out in CH6 ...... Way to go , Inno .....:rolleyes:
Brin, the Main Hall that has a Max capacity of 910 is level 8. Level 15 at the end of 5 is 4,400K and the level 16 for Dwarves starts at 5,000K.
Since nothing was updated or changed for Main Halls, this means your lack of updating is the problem and an easy fix.

JackofShadows

It's a cash-grab is what it is. They want to force players to buy RRs / blueprints / diamonds for $.

To advance now, you must:
1. Join a Fellowship that has enough active members to get at least 4 chests in the tourney each weeks (for 1 RR - so 10 weeks to upgrade ONE AW). If you play solo, you'll have to spend money to get blueprints to craft RRs in the MA.
2. Be able and willing to climb the Spire at least partway regularly to get fragments. That means you have to progress to Chapter V, unlock the Spire, and then have the resources in place to climb it. And there have been many, many threads here about how difficult that is for new players.

A shame that corporate greed is destroying what was a really fine game. I haven't decided if I will continue to play or not.

Deleted User - 849458436

Hello, I need to understand how the mushroom wonder works now. I went from having 16 hours of training to 9 hours. I have wonder at level 21. And I'm on chapter 18. Should I put the bullwark? Never use it.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Dwarven Bulwark was so much better for most players in the end game phase than Shrine of Shrooms before the update. Now I do realize there were a limited number of players with 12 or more maxed armories in the end game phase. And that for these players, Shine of Shrooms became more effective than Dwarven Bulwark.
The counter point I would offer to this is: if you have that many maxed armories in your city then you already have a very high training size. Essentially: if you had enough armories in your city that Shine of Shooms was better than Dwarven Bulwark, then you really did not need Shrine of Shrooms anymore. Just having that many armories was enough training size.
The final thought I would leave you with is: most of the players with massive numbers of armories were highly dependent on Martial Monastery/Sanctuary and Watchtower Ruins for culture. These builds got nuked by the culture reduction. If they wish to continue, it is highly likely they will reduce the number of armories. So even if there had not been a change to how Shine of Shrooms calculates its benefits, the cities which benefited most from it before the update would have seen it decrease in effectiveness.
I agree with you - I have just 10 maxed armories. Shrine of Shrooms is level 28, Dwarven Bulwark is 9 and Needles, Academy & Springs are all Maxed. My queue is about 15 hrs. It drops down to 8 during the FA when I punt 5 Armories. So why exactly would I spend any resources on either of these AWs - even before the change in upgrade costs.

My current upgrade focus is the Valorian School of Sorcery and a few AW that were upgraded to the low 30s than now need to be finished. Before the VS of S, I had permanent spells on all culture buildings (70 with EE spells) and all Workshops (10 with PP spells). The goal with the VS of V is to expand the list to permanent spells on all manufactories (25 with MM spells). My VS of S is level 14 now. This allows half of my MMs to be permanent.

As a high level city without any CC or Spell Fragment limitations, this redesign made my city far more powerful while making it virtually impossible for others to catch up. Frankly, I think that last fact is very sad. In my fellowship, I give away goods to the lower half of players. I regret that the changes make it impossible for these new players (that I mentor) to climb to my level. I see 3 reasons for these changes.
  1. Better monetization - Ads and making the only path to anywhere near the top requires spending lots of money
  2. Making the game tougher - expense for that is zero. It slows players down so players can play what's already built longer
  3. Reduced Development costs - Top Players spend lots of money. Using new chapters to challenge them require significant development costs. Another way to challenge them is to slow their development with higher cost AWs.
I am advanced, but not a top player I rank about 50, but I rarely spend money. I play every day for lots of hours. The new rules ensure someone like me, can never rise even to the top 100. The change is monetization driven. The risk is how much it will reduce the size of the community immediately and longer term whether they will lose the critical mass of enthusiasts and shrink rather than grow. Tough questions - time will tell.

The original design made chapters 1-5 very easy so that players successfully learned and enjoyed that part before they needed a community. Chapters 6-15 where harder where a community supporting growth mattered. The later chapter were for daily playing addicts like me. The changes make 6-15 much harder and slower. Elvenar was already a slow game - now it is positively glacial.
My take on recent history is that maintaining a strong and full fellowship is hard (mine is ranked about 30). With these new changes, it will be harder still. The top 10 fellowship will always be full. Mine is a 2nd rank fellowship. Our players are in chapters 6-21 (median 14) with pretty regular turnover. Turnover is not because our fellowship is no good enough but rather because the game is not good enough. Players regularly quit Elvenar. More than half of that is real life issues, but a rising source of losses is frustration with redesigns. I like having a middling fellowship where I can mentoring new players, unfortunately, I am not sure that model will remain viable. It has been months since we have had 25 players. Right now I have 24, but one player will leave soon and 1 should be probably be dropped, as he has not played for over a week without any explanation. The game is getting worse rather than better, but perhaps it will be more profitable for the owners or it may die.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Death warmed over. I suspect I will lose several players from my fellowship. I fear that the changes are about winding down development and increasing the monetization. The game is now harder and slower. Perhaps they intend to sell. Adding ad revenue, and slowing down new chapters all make the site appear more valuable making a higher sale price today than it might be later. The changes that improve profitablity may lose the long term player advocates that grow and support the game's growth.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Hello, I need to understand how the mushroom wonder works now. I went from having 16 hours of training to 9 hours. I have wonder at level 21. And I'm on chapter 18. Should I put the bullwark? Never use it.
the shrooms USED to be based on total Armory levels * bonus. With the bonus number depending on the level of the shrooms aw.
Now, post update, the shrooms is a a percentage of your total squad size.
For lower and mid chapter cities, this will likely mean the new shrooms has become less effective in raising the training size.
From what iv heard from others, Cities further along in the chapter have a higher scale squad size, so the new shrooms will be more effective for them.

Either way, the shrooms aw and the bulwark aw, now both provide a training bonus based on squad size. And both aw's have the same percentage bonus. So a lvl 10 shrooms and a lvl 10 bulwark should provide the same bonus in training size. So you can have either, or both.

BrinDarby

@Astram ,

The game doesn't even allow players to view researches that
are completed or unopened. Its hell as is to know what lvl
your bldgs can/cannot go to or how far ahead/behind you
are in comparison to researches.

Next, to start filling a research, a player can add KP as they
get it untill its full. Once full, why can't a player also then add
the goods as available to fill it to activate it ?

Inno wants players to progress, that was obvious with the
forced migration, which got me into this mess in the 1st place,

but the biggest obstacle is the fact that placed land counts
against a player in costs to play the game. This is a citybuilder
game, not a tournament game or spire climbing game, thus
land should not count against players. Not only is there already
a cost to earn/open the expansions but placed land doesn't
effect fighting costs.

It costs placing 2 expansions, and because that land won't be
used to offset the increased cost in Spire catering, which got
more expensive by alot due to the forced migration, its a dbbl
whammy, and still more consequences of the CH1-5 debauchle.

Its obvious with the AW changes that Inno is saying tourn/spire
play is necessary just to build a pretty city. Catering is just an
option to fighting, thier "cost" should be based on the same
metrics but they aren't. SS was tied to so many AW chgs, then
why not just tie catering anywhere to SS since catering is just
the option instead of fighting. ( please dont )

this means your lack of updating is the problem and an easy fix.
Wrong, the forced migration is the problem.

Starhuntress

I have no idea why they did this update with now having to use scrolls and combining catalysts. It is absolutely horrible. I won't be able to upgrade anything. And the last spire I didn't get a single catalyst and only a few scrolls. I hope they understand that not everyone wants or can afford to buy packs. Some of us just play for fun.

AussieChick

Very soon we will all have EVERY SINGLE AW ready to upgrade, with no possibility of actually doing so.
Inno is out of their freaking minds!!
I need 30,000 SF for each level of the AW's I have ready to upgrade right now.
What does Inno expect us to do?
The game is screwed. May as well leave now.
We have already lost Fellowship members.