• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ranking points lost overnight

• Thread starter DeletedUser5278
  • Start date

DeletedUser5278

I woke up to discover that I'd lost 1,000 ranking points overnight - and other players in my fellowship have lost as many as 3,000. Has anyone else experienced this - or know why it's happening??

DeletedUser6003

One moment guys. Are you talking about your rank or your score? I think you are talking about your score when you say "ranking points", right?

DeletedUser6003

Well, as far as I can see in other discussions, the score drops happened, because the score was increased by event buildings, which shouldn't have influenced the score, and InnoGames has corrected this "bug" now. I haven't found an official statement on this subject yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5278

To mirror what MagiScareCrow said - I haven't seen an official announcement from Inno either as to why our points disappeared overnight. I have to wonder why? All of us seem to be learning this news from other players - while the game developers are silent. If they take a unilateral major action like this - that impacts thousands of players - the responsible thing to do is issue a statement with a reason -- and an apology for their mistake. Why isn't Inno doing this??

DeletedUser1996

Yes --the JERKS TOOK OUR POINTS AWAY -Bcus - THEY SCREWED UP !!! THEY f**K UP - WE PAY FOR IT !!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5278

Doesnt make it right though --- its their mistake and they gave it ---they should not take it back ---but suck it up like REAL people do and pay for there own mistakes ! ps-told u tobin u should not have said a word---now we pay.
And what is even more frustrating is that Inno has made no official announcement or explanation of their action to us - the players - who produce the revenue that pays their salaries. Another instance of extremely poor customer relations on Inno's part. Really...the computer geeks there should be made to take a sensitivity class.

DeletedUser1996

And what is even more frustrating is that Inno has made no official announcement or explanation of their action to us - the players - who produce the revenue that pays their salaries. Another instance of extremely poor customer relations on Inno's part. Really...the computer geeks there should be made to take a sensitivity class.
Agreed !!!

DeletedUser1996

If they take a unilateral major action like this - that impacts thousands of players - the responsible thing to do is issue a statement with a reason -- and an apology for their mistake. Why isn't Inno doing this??
Yes they should and SHOULD NOT TAKE AWAY POINTS GIVEN. If we make a mistake in this GAME WE PAY FOR IT. we all have done it at one time -and wrote to them and they say sorry but you made that mistake it cant be undone ...BUT WHEN THEY DO ---WE PAY THE PRICE FOR IT !! IS THAT FAIR INNO ??? Oh ` it was a glitch you didnt earn those ! So we take them back! -uummm you made the mistake -not us.

DeletedUser1996

not surprised - just upset !
Yes, Bcus of a glitch that some tech made - So that was our fault?!! -How dare us win those prizes and not knowing they gave points -only to have them say "oops we messed up so sorry we`ll take em back now -you lose boohoo."
But when we make a mistake(and we do) --and ask them to fix it--they say "oh sorry -that was YOUR mistake -You cant take it back. " So sorry boohoo"

DeletedUser1996

That does not really Help at all !! Point is - it was not our mistake !! Dont Give -then take !!

DeletedUser423

I lost nearly 20,000 points and I'm very unhappy about it. I'm not a frequent visitor to the forum, haven't been here in months, and I did NOT know that the buildings giving points was a glitch! I thought they were meant to do that as part of the reward for playing through the tedious and frustrating quest. I did NOT know these points were going to be summarily removed. If this was a bug, it was an error on the developer side and they should have left it. What did it hurt them? Nothing. Removing the points, though, makes players very unhappy. I'm so unhappy I am probably going to quit playing this game.

DeletedUser5278

We do apologize but this was a bug in the game which we confirmed here -

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....t-culture-building-gives-ranking-points.5813/

We do understand that players continued to place these buildings whether not they realized they were exploiting a bug, but the points should have never been there in the first place.
While I appreciate your belated response on behalf of Inno - many of us feel that your apology is insufficient and half-hearted. Your communication about the bug was not generally distributed to all potentially affected members - but only placed in a forum thread that few players know about or read. That is poor customer relations - and, frankly, Inno should be ashamed of itself.