• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Realm of the Phoenix

Yogi Dave

So, I just reached quest 41. Unless chapter 21 comes out in a day or two on live. I have to wait 5d 17h to complete this quest. Not a good state of affairs. Astram, what next? I've decided to summit a ticket and will see how far that goes. Meanwhile, I sit stuck.

2 days ago I reported being stuck at quest 41 waiting 5d 17h for my scout to return. It's down to 3d 10h. That will be Monday just before midnight since I'm on the FL East coast. At this point, there is no chance of the quest being changed, at least for me. After all, it's after 5pm in Germany and the weekend has begun. Sigh. It's the same mistake Inno makes over and over and over with the event quest sets. I'll still finish the event, so not really a biggy for me. Still, it'd be nice if they got it right before it's even in beta, much less live.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
2 days ago I reported being stuck at quest 41 waiting 5d 17h for my scout to return. It's down to 3d 10h. That will be Monday just before midnight since I'm on the FL East coast. At this point, there is no chance of the quest being changed, at least for me. After all, it's after 5pm in Germany and the weekend has begun. Sigh. It's the same mistake Inno makes over and over and over with the event quest sets. I'll still finish the event, so not really a biggy for me. Still, it'd be nice if they got it right before it's even in beta, much less live.
This is not to make light of your frustration, because I understand, but I’m guessing that the devs feel that anyone far enough along in the game to have such long scouting times will probably also have a good supply of time instants. Just 2 20-hr instants would cut your remaining wait time almost in half. Or conversely, if you used 5-hr timers, you could finish it instantly with only 17 of them. I’m only in chapter 12, and I have hundreds of those (my ch. 8 City does also). I wouldn’t want to do it all the time, but once or twice an event for a quest wouldn’t affect my reserves noticeably. Is that not possible for you? (This is a genuine question, not sarcasm. :) )

Sprite1313

This is not to make light of your frustration, because I understand, but I’m guessing that the devs feel that anyone far enough along in the game to have such long scouting times will probably also have a good supply of time instants. Just 2 20-hr instants would cut your remaining wait time almost in half. Or conversely, if you used 5-hr timers, you could finish it instantly with only 17 of them. I’m only in chapter 12, and I have hundreds of those (my ch. 8 City does also). I wouldn’t want to do it all the time, but once or twice an event for a quest wouldn’t affect my reserves noticeably. Is that not possible for you? (This is a genuine question, not sarcasm. :) )
Feed brown bear, burn time instants. Repeat until you run out of instants.

Dew Spinner

Perhaps the devs could change the completion point for the scout quest to when you send it rather than when it finishes since it can't be stopped once it starts.
You also can't send another one until the previous one is finished, so if you have one in progress you will still have the wait time.

Tehya1

Anyone else place the phoenix rider yet? Its beautiful but so sad. The poor bird moves like it is being abused . lol

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Is inno just trying to annoy us now? Or are they just tired of making this game and are slowly trying to kill it? Or maybe some global annoyance test?; see how much annoyance well take before snapping...

The specific quests/quest combinations this event are atrocious! And at this point, inno has to know better, which makes me think this might be on purpose.
Fyi: Im currently staying put in the tech tree for a while. So extra techs or scoutable proves/provs to fight become limited after a bit. And while my personal situation may not be the movst overly common, there are those that have stopped or are over scouted or reached the last chap and have no techs avialable... so combined, enough players to make this a pita for many...

quest.jpg

This is highly irritating. This is not an 'OR'! 'Or' is used to provide a true alternative! Fight OR negotiate world map is basically the same damn thing! You must have world map provs available. There is no option! This showing up even once is to much! And you no better inno.

Side note... 5 and 2...?

quest_03.jpg

And here is is yet again... If once is two much then lets try twice?
Different wording this time. But the same thing. Both required world map provinces.

Also, i hate these ****** buy kp quests.

quest_04.jpg

Scout OR tech... Again.. this rly screws over anyone that is staying in tree/finished the last chap. They have no techs available period and scoutable provs may not be available at all either. Its jsut another horrible 'OR' so called option.

As a total, it feels like innos jsut trying to irritate us. Because the whole fight/negotiate world map encounter thing was already solved in the past. They had 'fight or negotiate x encounters' (world map) OR fight/negotiate x tourney/spire encounters'. Problem SOLVED. Then after a while they jsut went back to the world map only ones that everyone complained about for ages. So it rly feels personal there.
Scout or research.. is jsut a horrible combination. That ones so obvious that it will cause some ppl problems through no fault of there own.
And then inno does multiples of them?!
3 strikes and its personal. And im growing tired of this..

Last edited by a moderator:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
All you have to do is not complete every map province as soon as you scout it. Ever since I got into the more advanced chapters with longer scout times around 2 years ago, I have kept scouted, ready to go map provinces available. Specifically because I know events include quests that will require me to complete map encounters. The only time in the last 2 years I have NOT had available provinces was when I moved from chapter 16 to ch 17. With the help of portal profits, I moved through ch 16 quicker than my scout could work and opening up the chest to start ch 17 required every scouted province I had (in fact, I had to time boost the final 2 in order to open the chest). Of course, the long, protracted slog that was ch 17 cured this issue. My scout had plenty of time to work while I did that chapter...

rickyht

frustration = :diamond: sales = $$$$$

Using Sherlock Holmes's logic......
Yes, Inno is doing it on purpouse.....
the only question is...... "why" ..... :eek:

edit : because I refuse to believe....
trained programmers are this uhhh, stupid ...
I agree have been waiting for 3 days to get an answer on what is the current cap on the quests for realm of the pheonix. how long does it take to get an answer as to what the current cap # is. Are all the programmers on a sabbatical? by the time it's fixed and We get an answer This event will be over. It's becoming more and more difficult to enjoy and play this game. Doesn't seem like anyone at Inno cares about the gamer anymore just about selling more diamonds !!!!!

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
All you have to do is not complete every map province as soon as you scout it.
my god! what a genius! -_-

Obviously. But ppl that stay put in the tech tree or reached the end of the tree, will have forever increasingly scouts. And be forced to use another one, every time this quest shows up. Which considering the never ending events inno does these days, is going to be more often then it should. You eventually reach a point of diminished results. Where it could takes days or weeks to scout a province because your so massively over scouted because you had to keep scouting for quests. Even if you start with some in reserve, eventually that will run out.

But that issue is percisly why the 'OR' was created in the first place. Its just a plain fact that certain players at certain points will have serious problems with certain quests. And inno couldn't just get rid of them all. So they created the 'OR' option to give an alternative so players arnt stuck. - BUT - that 'OR' is completely useless if the second option is the same or as impossible/difficult as the first one.

So its not even as if there system is flawed and needs to be changed to address this issue. They already have the solution. 'OR'. And it can work perfectly. ... But they are choosing not to use it correctly. And instead make things as irritating and ridiculous as possible. And that the part that ****** me off. And also why i will not ever buy any diamonds as long as they keep this crap up.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I agree have been waiting for 3 days to get an answer on what is the current cap on the quests for realm of the pheonix. how long does it take to get an answer as to what the current cap # is. Are all the programmers on a sabbatical? by the time it's fixed and We get an answer This event will be over. It's becoming more and more difficult to enjoy and play this game. Doesn't seem like anyone at Inno cares about the gamer anymore just about selling more diamonds !!!!!
We are on #53, should see #54 in a couple hours. Please see my Event Scrolls for links to sites that offer the quest list.

Just to clarify: I do not work for Inno Games, just volunteer here on the Forum, to share my wisdom.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
my god! what a genius! -_-

Obviously. But ppl that stay put in the tech tree or reached the end of the tree, will have forever increasingly scouts.

Reaching the end of the tree will help! You get an Advanced Scouts tech at the start of chapter 15. You will not get another Advanced Scouts until the start of ch 20. You are rewarded for getting to the start of ch 20 by an Advanced Scouts tech. I am currently in the middle of it. At the end of ch 20, there is an ancient wonder which will reduce scout times. I am looking forward to getting it and leveling it.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Is inno just trying to annoy us now? Or are they just tired of making this game and are slowly trying to kill it? Or maybe some global annoyance test?; see how much annoyance well take before snapping...

The specific quests/quest combinations this event are atrocious! And at this point, inno has to know better, which makes me think this might be on purpose.
Fyi: Im currently staying put in the tech tree for a while. So extra techs or scoutable proves/provs to fight become limited after a bit. And while my personal situation may not be the movst overly common, there are those that have stopped or are over scouted or reached the last chap and have no techs avialable... so combined, enough players to make this a pita for many...

View attachment 15356
This is highly irritating. This is not an 'OR'! 'Or' is used to provide a true alternative! Fight OR negotiate world map is basically the same damn thing! You must have world map provs available. There is no option! This showing up even once is to much! And you no better inno.

Side note... 5 and 2...?

View attachment 15357
And here is is yet again... If once is two much then lets try twice?
Different wording this time. But the same thing. Both required world map provinces.

Also, i hate these ****** buy kp quests.

View attachment 15358

Scout OR tech... Again.. this rly screws over anyone that is staying in tree/finished the last chap. They have no techs available period and scoutable provs may not be available at all either. Its jsut another horrible 'OR' so called option.

As a total, it feels like innos jsut trying to irritate us. Because the whole fight/negotiate world map encounter thing was already solved in the past. They had 'fight or negotiate x encounters' (world map) OR fight/negotiate x tourney/spire encounters'. Problem SOLVED. Then after a while they jsut went back to the world map only ones that everyone complained about for ages. So it rly feels personal there.
Scout or research.. is jsut a horrible combination. That ones so obvious that it will cause some ppl problems through no fault of there own.
And then inno does multiples of them?!
3 strikes and its personal. And im growing tired of this..

quest_04.jpg

See? They can do it! Which suggests to me that those horrible ones in my last post were done on purpose ><

BrinDarby

I think it was task 45 or 46 , has anyone else not
gotten credit for spire encounters, since new spire
opened up ?? Task wanted (4) , of my worlds only
one of them tallied them correctly..... two of them
showed (2), and a third showed (3)... one got right
with all (4) recorded...... after doing the 1st (4)
encounters in all my worlds.