• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Refund something for selling AWs

i8sh

Probably been asked...but will ask it again.

Problem: With player advancement and the evolution of the game, some AWs are less pertinent or necessary. The impact of AW levels on tournament and spire difficulty has led some players to sell their AWs at sometimes very large loses (KP and goods invested). Why can't a portion be refunded when sold as is the case with all other buildings which costs a player to build?

Example: I have a level 18 Endless Excavation. Cost incurred to build: 36 EE rune shards, 91,700 T2, 145 relics, 6668 KP. Refund on selling=0

Solution: Allow a small fraction to be returned when sold such as 25% of the value of Goods invested and KP (which would be refunded in AW KP).

Iyapo1

With the new change that lets players convert runeshards to KP, I cant see the Devs going for this. Giving back even a portion of the KP would allow players to build hated wonders using rune shards then sell them and get back AWKP.

Last edited:

able99

Wow, I am not disagreeing that getting something back for selling an AW would be nice, but as you advance, I think AW's are more important than ever, and I'd never sell any of mine. Depending on the chapter you are in, and your style of play, different AW's become more important.
I never built the EE so I cannot speak to that one, but I would expect it provided you with lots of benefit along the way.

i8sh

Yes AWs all provide benefits, but in my case, with a lvl 26 Prosperity tower and a few Magic workshops, I no longer have no need for supplies and constantly trade them to the wholesaler. Was very useful to me in the early chapter...not so much in the later ones (like the Tome of Secrets perhaps for some players).

Giving back even a portion of the KP would allow players to build hated wonders using rune shards then sell them and get back AWKP.

No KP is invested in a lvl 1 AW so this would not be a problem.

Iyapo1

No KP is invested in a lvl 1 AW so this would not be a problem.
I did not know you were limiting your suggestion to level 1 wonders. I have enough rune shards to put over 2000 runekp into Thrones of the Highmen. Not sure how many levels that is, but if I get 25% of the KP back in the form of AW KP then I could build it using my Rune KP and then sell it and get 500 AW KP back.

i8sh

I apologize if I was not clear Iyapo1 as your post suggested that a player can simply build a lvl1 AW and tear it down and get AW KP back.
My suggestion applies only if you had had KP or other goods invested in the AW to begin with (regardless of the number of levels). Personally, I never considered getting relics or rune shards back. The proposed conversion of rune shards to KP is not live as of yet, and does not change the fact that if I invested over 6K of KP into one AW, in addition to investing goods into that AW, then I am proposing that some be returned upon the sale of the AW.

I have enough rune shards to put over 2000 runekp into Thrones of the Highmen. Not sure how many levels that is, but if I get 25% of the KP back in the form of AW KP then I could build it using my Rune KP and then sell it and get 500 AW KP back.

Now If you choose to invest 2K of KP which you obtain though a rune conversion feature into one of your AWs and sell it to get 500 back so you can apply them to another AW...seems like might be losing out, unless of course you applied them to an AW that you no longer want or need in which case you would be happy to have gotten something back when previously nothing was offered.

Note: This is based on the assumption that 1 runeKP=1AWKP=1KP when invested in an AW

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The new rune shard conversion system counts one rune shard used in your AW as 10 kp and in someone else's AW as 15 kp.

Also, how is Inno supposed to program this to give a share back to the other players who helped level up your AW? That sounds like too much work for no return for Inno, which is probably why it is the way it is now, with nothing returned.

i8sh

one rune shard used in your AW as 10 kp and in someone else's AW as 15 kp.

At a 1:10 or 1:15 conversion ratio, my 9300 shards are worth almost 140K of KP if I put it into a swap system? Sounds like the proposal for rune shard to KP is backwards and should be 10:1 in another players AW or 15:1 in your own. But if INNO wants to do it that way I will not complain and simply finish all my AWs to lvl 30+.

how is Inno supposed to program this to give a share back to the other players who helped level up your AW

Your point is very valid, but it is still a cost that was incurred to level up the AW (whether you contributed all the KP or others helped you). If the proposed return is applied uniformly, then it would be fair, as you would also not get any KP back if you had contributed to another players AW when they sell it. This is also why the return should be less that what you would receive if you were to sell another building which you built.

Another consideration: the amount of KP in reward chests could also be subtracted from the total value invested or the overall % returned decreased more if it is too complicated. (10 or 15%).

i8sh

Yes....if memory serves me well the GBS was nerfed back then and would be a fine example of another reason why we would also sell an AW (if they ever decide to nerf more again in the future) and like to get something back from what was invested into it. Anything is better than nothing!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes....if memory serves me well the GBS was nerfed back then and would be a fine example of another reason why we would also sell an AW (if they ever decide to nerf more again in the future) and like to get something back from what was invested into it. Anything is better than nothing!
OH GOOOD!!!
whine