• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forum Reinstate In-game link to the forum

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This suggestion is pretty simple. I would like for Inno to put back the in-game link to the forum. Currently the only in-game link goes to discord. It should not be that difficult to have both. And not having a link to the forum is going to starve the forum of future members. I do realize that many think this is Inno's plan and that they don't care about this. But not having that link will also deprive new players of access to the information in the forum. And Inno SHOULD care about that. I would not be the player I am today without all the stuff I learned in this forum, especially in my early days as a player where I was constantly seeking out info and tips in this forum.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
@Henroo HOPEFULLY one of the mods will carry the request to the devs. I don't think they even look here anymore. :mad::mad_human:
I do not mind copying and pasting this over to the ideas and suggestions section over there if wanted. I have a feeling you are correct. I am not happy about the situation but would love to help if I can. @Henroo Let me know if you want me to do that or not.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Why don't we each ask our fellowship members to contact support and ask them to put a link back to the forum where discord is now? (If they must, they could just add it as a third link.) Each of us could multiply our power by 25, if everyone did it. Just a thought.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I agree that it would really be nice to get to the forum the easy way. An extra button on the communications menu would work fine. +1 for the request.

AJ
It is not just ease of access for us (the existing forum members). It is also makes a huge difference in new players finding the forum in the first place. Right now the only thing they see in game is Discord. Unless a new player is told by a fellowship member or unless they do a Google search, they will probably never even know there is a forum. Which means the forum would get many fewer new members. And eventually without new members it will die.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have to admit, yesterday was the first day I haven't come to the forum in months. Inno's plan is working ... not having an in-game button in order to kill the forum is an effective way to do it. I'm disgusted not only that they did this but that I'm allowing them to succeed by forgetting to come here. :mad:

This suggestion is pretty simple. I would like for Inno to put back the in-game link to the forum. Currently the only in-game link goes to discord. It should not be that difficult to have both. And not having a link to the forum is going to starve the forum of future members. I do realize that many think this is Inno's plan and that they don't care about this. But not having that link will also deprive new players of access to the information in the forum. And Inno SHOULD care about that. I would not be the player I am today without all the stuff I learned in this forum, especially in my early days as a player where I was constantly seeking out info and tips in this forum.
I concur with this. The forum is the best place for the best information. Its been difficult to even reach the forum now that the Discord (aptly named) link replaced the forum link within Elvenar.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I concur with this. The forum is the best place for the best information. Its been difficult to even reach the forum now that the Discord (aptly named) link replaced the forum link within Elvenar.
Just add https://us.forum.elvenar.com to your browser bookmarks. Could be any browser—your phone, laptop, desktop, or tablet. Forum without even playing the game!

Given how long they have continued to leave all highways to the forum disconnected, any discussion of keeping the forum is one step forward and two steps back. More gaslighting. It’s like removing the game from the App Store and deciding afterwards what to do with the game because downloads dropped. Do you really need a crystal ball or traffic reports to predict traffic would drop? Each passing week and month that the onboard ramps stay disconnected is starving the place they claim to want to save. Gaining users is hard. Losing users is easy. If you want a vibrant community, you don’t place more effort on the losing players part of the equation. You place the effort on gaining users. Putting onboard ramps back is easy, just like pasting game announcements here, but they chose NOT to do it. Another self-made crisis that could be avoided. I prob know of at least 8 people that thought the forum already closed.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I received a reply back from my request to add the link back to the menu. Here is what they said:

It appears the Development Team is trying to get people over to the new Discord Forum, but not all of the information is over there at this point.

We value our player's ideas and opinions and we very much appreciate your feedback. We will forward your Forum link suggestion to the Development Team so that they can be taken into consideration.

Since they said they would forward the request, I advise all to do this.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
While I do think the idea should be done as I do think this is a forum and Discord more of a social media platform, there are three things making it hard to believe Inno would do as requested. First, they want everyone on Discord. No distractions. Second, they've already announced they will take this forum down, third, though perhaps minor, it would cost them something to put the button back. So, if those at Inno who are more sensitive to user desires are in charge, the button will return until the forum is actually taken down. My thinking though, is that the "long term cost/benefit" employees...who tend to be at the top... are in charge, we won't see anything change until the day we click on our EF (what I labeled my shortcut in my shortcut bar) and get "page not found." Sigh.

Now what would contribute to keeping this forum up is player use and contacts. We have to use it and we have to let Inno know not only do we desire it to be here but that we use it. If every forum member just stopped using Discord and returned exclusively to this platform it would probably stay. And if everybody concerned with having this forum were to contact support asking for it...not as much impact as actually using this forum, but at least some impact, certainly. And every bit counts.

AJ

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
@ajqtrz Also, Inno might actually be deciding to keep just 1 of the English language forums (was after the first getting rid of announcement). That's why we need to try to get people just a tiny bit back to their normal selves on here and not only just very few people with most all negative stuff being said. We need to try to get back to normal like before the announcement. Otherwise, we stand no chance as getting picked as the 1 to get to stay and EN will definitely beat us. Right now from what I hear they are viewing this as a contest basically and are staying more active and positive than this one is. It is worth at least a try to at least have a chance to save our forum. We really need to try to talk our friends into getting back on here and commenting about things they normally would. And in the meantime all they need to do is bookmark this site as a favorite in their web browser and will be super easy to get to.