• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release notes version 0.27

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on the changes that came with the update to version 0.27.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser594

Will the icons showing the relics on unopened territories be addressed as well? They currently either don't show icons or sporadically show icons.

DeletedUser1036

OK so now Arches (some with gate's) are popping up all over players fields that haven't been expanded to yet. What's up with those?

DeletedUser626

thanks, seems we have a new feature with this update. To buy knowledge points with relic boosted goods.

DeletedUser43

I have a fellowship with very advanced players. They are all screaming their heads off and my archmage is quitting the game. All because of these new useless quests. People can't set factories, they can't build anything, they can't scout....basically...they cannot play the game. A lot of them paid a lot of money for this game and now the game that they have been playing has been taken away. Let me see if I can copy and paste some of the comments:

"wow, zooming in and out makes me nauseous now and it hurts my eyes"

"fighting doesnt work, some people cant train units anymore, builds cant be canceled most of the time, quests are all efff'ed up, the kp for goods will cause bigger players to drain the trader and smaller players unable to get their goods.. good luck with all of that.. Im out"

" I've build over 100 lv1 steel manufactories this morning. I thought, if I dont play, I could as well complete the complete one 24h steel production with the reward of 1500 marble and planks each day to get the fellowship 150k planks and marble each day.. and chat a bit (not to play, only assist) but when I was done building all the steel, the game shut down and was updated. Now they killed that quest, made it 10x less efficient. So yet another attempt to have a little bit of fun and a feeling of being helpful has been destroyed by these fucking developers. Are you seriously going to continue playing this effing game?"

"I am losing 20k supplies every 3 hours, how can I play if this continues?"

"You should come play WoW with me"

"With a balanced manufactory ratio of: 12 tier 1, 8 tier 2 and 6 tier 3 a player would nee3d 20 workshops to produce sufficient supplies for the 3 hour production runs (16 workshops at the 125% bonus). And now that Inno is encouraging players to make the 24-hour production runs, the scenario is even more impossible. It requires 26 workshops to produce enough supplies. To make it even worse, the 24-hour quests give NO supply bonus."

"I can see they want to make the game harder, but they broke it instead."

"These developers are insane. They keep taking a game we are having fun with and making it less fun with each new update. You'd have to be insane too to keep playing here."

"I can complete 1 steel factory and 1 elixir factory now. All the rest have to sit their idle."

"I CAN'T effing DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!"

When you have costs of 4 million coins for scouting, and you need 70,000 or more goods each day to negotiate provinces, and you won't be able to build a main hall for a long time due to the impossible granite costs, and all our supplies bonuses have been taken from us, this game simply isn't playable for many of us.

Please fix these quests ASAP before I lose my entire fellowship.

(These are just a few of the comments I have taken from messages and facebook comments. And yes, we have a facebook group for our fellowship that we started the last time there was talk about declining quests because everyone was ready to quit then and we all wanted to go find a game we could play together because we all like playing games together. This change in the quests is nearly as bad. But at least when everyone quits they will all do it together.)

*Those are all quotes except for the language that I tried to clean up for the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok I've played this game for seven months and the whole time my city was able to support itself today I wake up and new quest with way reduced rewards I can only complete a few of them and every three hours my city loses 20k supplies so by a few days I will no longer be able to do anything with these new changes I plan on quitting a game I once loved to play is now broken beyond being able to play

DeletedUser1075

Was so happy to find out today that the rewards for completing the one day quests were nerfed said no one ever!!

Hmmm, did any of the Devs previously work for NC Soft? Starting to get flashbacks when the nerf bat went swinging violently to the game City of Heroes that I used to enjoy playing.

The rewards for completing the 1 day quest are WAY out of whack now. I think that cutting the rewards in half would have been ok not a 80 percent reduction!!!

DeletedUser

I've spent money on diamonds a number of times and probably would have again but right now I feel the changes made have made this into a different game there is no reason a city that has supported itself for seven months just stops doing so because of a change I feel at this point quitting is the only option and I should be given a refund because this is not the game I paid to play

DeletedUser1061

Was so happy to find out today that the rewards for completing the one day quests were nerfed said no one ever!!

Hmmm, did any of the Devs previously work for NC Soft? Starting to get flashbacks when the nerf bat went swinging violently to the game City of Heroes that I used to enjoy playing.

The rewards for completing the 1 day quest are WAY out of whack now. I think that cutting the rewards in half would have been ok not a 80 percent reduction!!!
I remember City of Heroes (CoH) and what Nc Soft did to it and I must confess you are right but remember it finally died due to people no longer playing it even when it went F2P it was beyond hope. I believe the same feeling is here and I have told my fellowships (on all 3 worlds) I am waiting for my current 24h productions to finish but if all of this doom and gloom is right I am out of here as Inno has ruined this game for at least me. I already have been struggling but keeping a float thanks to the 1d repeatable quests but if those get drastically lessened I will just move on. Sad state but I knew they would do something idiotic by either removing them completely or nerfing them to hades and back. At least they listened to the players and didn't remove them but from what I am hearing they should have as the new RQs are just an insult to the current players.

DeletedUser61

To be blunt:
  • There's a very small market for buggy whips, no matter how good you are at making them
  • Kodak has shut down their factory for making superior X-Ray film, and most of their other film factories as well
Changing parameters are a fact of life, and all the more so in a City Builder. If you push the envelope to an extreme, which I commend btw, then you must also be willing to shift to Plan B when the developers saw off the limb that you're sitting on.

Put it in your trophy case. Will your fellowship be agile enough to come out on top next season as well, or was it just the luck of the draw?

DeletedUser828

I have to agree that the immediate zoom into your city when logging in , is quite irritating. Is there a reason for this? Does it fit some purpose , outside of making one go cross eyed? That is an update that can be done without.
I have seen a lot comments about Quest Changes, after going over all of my Quests , I'm not seeing any outside of the changes that were made with the last initial game update with the Dwarves. The one thing I did notice, the 24 hour quests are now offering 80k in coins, instead of just the goods. Which either way is of no importance to me, I do not do those quests. I play day several times a day, and like to turn the quests I can see results in that will benefit me throughout the day, not just wait for 24 hours for a reward.
I agree with Bobby, no one wants a sit around and wait to play game, I can see the quests changing to slow the game down, which I don't wish to play a slowed down game. 16 hour build updates is really a bit much. Or is that to get those of us who all ready put too much money into this game, to add even more to speed it up and just pay to finish the build time?
I was looking forward to the new update, rushing on the Winyandor Server to open my New research tree, but with every one complaining about it, I'm no longer in a hurry. I have visited cities who have arrived at that point, and the graphics are horrid. I thought the Lvl 15 Elven Housing was ghastly and moldy looking, but adding the color and shape it looks mutated and unattractive. It was like all of it was rushed to meet a deadline. If once you get there the quests are making it impossible to gain rewards due to prolonged times and benefits, well a monkey wrench has just been thrown into the game.
I do enjoy playing the game, I see some of the changes as good, but overall I see that innogames seems to be slowing down the game play, to put off updating the game to keep up with those of us who want to actually play it daily and grow it as a quicker rate than the casual player does. With that it is only making a boring game for the ones who are supporting the game by spending money in it, more money than they actually should..I would imagine if they continue to put a rein on the growth, many of us will lose interest in pursing it any further. That's a loss of fun for us who enjoy playing the game, and a financial loss for the company~

DeletedUser43

Will your fellowship be agile enough to come out on top next season as well, or was it just the luck of the draw?

LUCK??? LUCK??? Our fellowship is full of players who WORK darn hard around here. They don't sit back with little tiny cities and hardly any factories expecting the ants to produce all their goods for them. They all produce tons of goods and help each other. And that takes a lot of work!! It takes hours and hours and hours to sit here and click through quests so that you can produce a great number of goods for each other. I am not even talking about flipping! I am just talking about needing those bonuses when you produce goods so that you can set the factories for another 3 hours!

LUCK??

There is nothing lucky about helping each other out and making sure that every trade is more than favorable. There is nothing lucky about the more advanced players helping the newer players and giving them what they need to advance.

LUCK???

There is nothing lucky about spending hours on worksheets and spreadsheets and making sure your city is as optimized as possible.

LUCK???

There is nothing lucky about making graphs and charts and balancing out your fellowship perfectly so there are plenty of balanced goods for everyone.

LUCK??

There is nothing lucky about the perfect balancing that the top players have done spending money...real money...to get their city exactly optimized based on the quest system as it was.

luck?? People who don't work hard always think the hard working are lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

To be blunt:
Changing parameters are a fact of life, and all the more so in a City Builder. If you push the envelope to an extreme, which I commend btw, then you must also be willing to shift to Plan B when the developers saw off the limb that you're sitting on.

Put it in your trophy case. Will your fellowship be agile enough to come out on top next season as well, or was it just the luck of the draw?

To be blunt, there is no trophy case. I made a suggestion that Inno offer some forms of commemorative culture monuments..of course to no avail.

As for "..sawing off the limb..." hmmm, that's a pretty drastic action for Inno to take, given that they lure us into the game without any disclaimer that they intend to saw off limbs. There's no "we reserve the right to radically alter game parameters which may or may not invalidate purchases you make." There's not even a suggestion that they might offer us one kind of game and then substitute another. Many of us pay, based on expectations we legitimately developed due to Inno presentation of the game parameters.

"Changing parameters are a fact of life"...but Elvenar isn't life. It's a fantasy game which doesn't even begin to simulate real life. I didn't pay for radically changing parameters. I paid for a game with simple busywork tasks, obstacles which have some challenge, and rewards which are clearly articulated and ongoing. These expectations are legitimate, and overtly created by Inno. I had no expectation of a game where the progress I attained would be invalidated by developers. I was offered one type of game, and am now being presented with another.

And its not just one fellowship. I was chatting with my arch rival this morning. We'e been jockeying back and forth for 3rd position in Arendyl, spending rather ridiculous amounts of money in the process. It seems that both the friendly competition and the spending will end. With permisison I quote Tanjab, currently #4 on Arendyll:

"You are my favorite rival :p. I might quit the game. I haven't played today and i won't spend money on a broken game. I like my city, won't go to change anything, i paid for the whole seat :) and without changing i can't play it longer...you can write on the forum that I quit".

Katwijk, your belittling of players is habitual. To you, it seems, anyone with a complaint is a whiner or a poor sport. This is absurd and insulting. We all become successful by spending hours and hours playing Elvenar. We spend hours encouraging new players, both in fellowships and in our neighborhoods. We promote the game here and in other venues. Success in Elvenar is itself evidence of a dedicated persona, not of some lazy whiner. We deserve respect. We don't get it from Inno.

Many of us have based our city economies on the availability of quests. Inno emphasizes quests from the moment a player enters the game. Not only emphasizes, but they're often mandatory for progress. There's no indication anywhere in the game that dependence on quests is either discouraged or liable to be penalized at some arbitrary moment. The nature of the changes introduced today are not mere "updates"; they radically alter the nature of the game being offered to us. Losing 50-80% of our goods production quest bonuses is hugely significant - and it's a targeted and intentional change, given that the developers didn't significantly alter any other aspects of quests.

I could accept that the developers have some undisclosed benevolent purpose in this. BUT we all know that the Ancient Wonders are coming and they will occupy additional space in our grid. (I've seen a few in Beta). So, factor in that we'll soon be faced with deleting some existing structures in order to accommodate Wonders, and the loss of quest rewards becomes even more obnoxious. Inno needs to break silence and give us some reason to trust them. This adversarial feeling between players is unnecessary. Players should be excited about what's next, not expecting to have the limbs chopped out from under us!

DeletedUser1061

To be blunt, there is no trophy case. I made a suggestion that Inno offer some forms of commemorative culture monuments..of course to no avail.

As for "..sawing off the limb..." hmmm, that's a pretty drastic action for Inno to take, given that they lure us into the game without any disclaimer that they intend to saw off limbs. There's no "we reserve the right to radically alter game parameters which may or may not invalidate purchases you make." There's not even a suggestion that they might offer us one kind of game and then substitute another. Many of us pay, based on expectations we legitimately developed due to Inno presentation of the game parameters.

"Changing parameters are a fact of life"...but Elvenar isn't life. It's a fantasy game which doesn't even begin to simulate real life. I didn't pay for radically changing parameters. I paid for a game with simple busywork tasks, obstacles which have some challenge, and rewards which are clearly articulated and ongoing. These expectations are legitimate, and overtly created by Inno. I had no expectation of a game where the progress I attained would be invalidated by developers. I was offered one type of game, and am now being presented with another.

And its not just one fellowship. I was chatting with my arch rival this morning. We'e been jockeying back and forth for 3rd position in Arendyl, spending rather ridiculous amounts of money in the process. It seems that both the friendly competition and the spending will end. With permisison I quote Tanjab, currently #4 on Arendyll:

"You are my favorite rival :p. I might quit the game. I haven't played today and i won't spend money on a broken game. I like my city, won't go to change anything, i paid for the whole seat :) and without changing i can't play it longer...you can write on the forum that I quit".

Katwijk, your belittling of players is habitual. To you, it seems, anyone with a complaint is a whiner or a poor sport. This is absurd and insulting. We all become successful by spending hours and hours playing Elvenar. We spend hours encouraging new players, both in fellowships and in our neighborhoods. We promote the game here and in other venues. Success in Elvenar is itself evidence of a dedicated persona, not of some lazy whiner. We deserve respect. We don't get it from Inno.

Many of us have based our city economies on the availability of quests. Inno emphasizes quests from the moment a player enters the game. Not only emphasizes, but they're often mandatory for progress. There's no indication anywhere in the game that dependence on quests is either discouraged or liable to be penalized at some arbitrary moment. The nature of the changes introduced today are not mere "updates"; they radically alter the nature of the game being offered to us. Losing 50-80% of our goods production quest bonuses is hugely significant - and it's a targeted and intentional change, given that the developers didn't significantly alter any other aspects of quests.

I could accept that the developers have some undisclosed benevolent purpose in this. BUT we all know that the Ancient Wonders are coming and they will occupy additional space in our grid. (I've seen a few in Beta). So, factor in that we'll soon be faced with deleting some existing structures in order to accommodate Wonders, and the loss of quest rewards becomes even more obnoxious. Inno needs to break silence and give us some reason to trust them. This adversarial feeling between players is unnecessary. Players should be excited about what's next, not expecting to have the limbs chopped out from under us!
I completely agree and I have seen his type in other games and we are all whiners for not just taking it with a stiff upper lip. A whole bunch of us made suggestions either overtly or covertly to Inno and as I have said before Inno will do what they wish to do and to the devil with us all. I don't like that but I now see that is exactly how it is. Remember what is one person's considered whining is another person's reaction to something they believe is unwarranted and not fair. Just because they wish to be vocal about it means it hit them pretty hard and a whiner, not the habitual ones but the ones that spell out how something hurt them and shows they aren't whining just to whine really needs to be listen to. Funny thing is when you get a lot of these so-called "whiners" happening at once over a prospective change or after a change was made that is when to listen the most else you could have a dismal failure of a game when the players leave. I have seen many games with fortunes far greater than Inno will ever have fold a game because they ceased to listen to their "whining" players and they became ghost games due to it.

I seriously believe this game may have just been a test for something else Inno may have in the works and to make a lot of money quickly while they use what they learn from this for it. Welcome to paying to play a perpetual beta game.

DeletedUser61

PolarBear.jpg

If you can only play the game ONE WAY, then that's a problem.

An effective team rolls with the punches, and enjoys the challenges.

DeletedUser61

I'm not inclined to let a few very competent, very articulate players have it all their way.
Until they burn out.
There are a great many of us who view click fests as an obvious flaw in the game design.

DeletedUser43

So don't click Kat. No one is telling you to. What is your deal? If they put the quests back the way they were, then how can that harm you????? What on earth are you fighting for? An empty game? Do you work for another company and all you want to do is destroy this game? Are you so jealous of all the hard work the top players put in, you are hoping they all leave so you can top the leader board? Or do you just get off on antagonizing people?

Hey, I don't like clicking either. I wish it was automatic that as soon as I collect a production run I get enough supplies and coins to reset it. I wish I didn't have to click around 30 quests just to get back to the queue so I can collect the bonus from the quest again. I wish it was EASIER to get through the quests. I think it is crazy that this is the way I have to play. But when I didn't play this way, I was ready to quit because the game otherwise is BORING.

But what they have done by taking away any decent bonuses is to make the game UNPLAYABLE again. It is now going to be a paint drying bore that will only excite paint chip eaters. I guess you don't see that because you haven't advanced that far yet. But all the people with the top ranks know that this move is crippling. People who scout every day and have to pay 5000 gems and 3500 silk and 5000 planks to negotiate ONE province.

This is like the person who walks into a party and turns the music off when the whole place was jumping. Are you saying you want to be THAT person? The person who ruins the fun that everyone was having? That is the person you are defending?

More than that, from a business perspective, this is INSANE. All they sell here is pixels: in other words nothing. The only reason a game gets money is because people trust that game. Sure, Inno could come in here tomorrow and say this is now Candy Crush or they turn it into tic tac toe. But that would kill the game. Drastically killing the fun people have been having does only one thing....it teaches people NOT to trust Inno and not to spend any money on this game. Why would you spend money on something today that is going to be useless tomorrow? Inno doesn't seem to realize what game they have created. They don't test it in real time. They don't know that we are all going to leave not out of protest, but out of boredom. Plus, those that have spent a lot of money are FURIOUS. If they keep messing with the paying customers, even if they fix things those people will stop spending ever again. You don't want to lose the trust of your customers.

Plus, right now...none of us are playing. We can't!!! We are barely limping along and it has only been a few hours.