• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.15

DeletedUser4366

Isn't the whole point of a squad size upgrade is to improve your odds against computer players - not to further balance you. Why not call is squad size leveling then? There would be no improvement - and therefore no point to it. I would suggest a new term then: "squad size equivocation".

If that is indeed what happened, then the devs are looking at this game in a very linear fashion: are the variables are then:

1- distance
2-player tech level
3-player troop size
4-player troop offense bonus
5-player troop defense bonus

From a maths point of view, this would cater to make all battles more challenging and catered for each individual = which is kinda neat. However, in reality, it negates any bonus of owning an AW, or making any squad size upgrades.

When I hit my next squad size upgrade - I'll check back with this thread.

Checking back in - I did squad size 25 a few minutes ago. Prior to that I chose 4 provinces and 1 battle in each. I print-screened them, for a before and after picture. I also logged out and logged back in. No change to enemy troop size but my troop size increased in all 4 battles. Debunked? I am not certain. I'll leave those battles for a bit and see if anything changes. For now at least, I did not see an increase in enemy troop size for any battle once my squad size tech was completed.

DeletedUser3220

Your first town might be in the "expected" spot by during or by the end of wood elves, we don't know the upper limit but we do know the expected start range is 200-210 so one would think a person with 250 would have "aligned" by the end of wood elves considering the pattern of province increases.

Your second town sadly has a very long wait until wood elves.

Your third city should be "aligned" during this chapter as it is in the expected range for the end of that chapter.

The expectation has been given depending on your style of play as at the chest or 10-20 provinces above the chest. I did see Marindor mention 30 provinces ahead once but, I expect that would be the upper limits for people.
Province_expansions_by_chapter.jpg

Granted this doesn't remove the pain or the decisions you face regarding the game. You can get through those chapters without world expansions but the time it will take and how you would/will approach that will not be an easy challenge. Should you continue a positive is that there are some positive re-balancing that will occur in 1.16 (on beta) and 1.17 (mentioned by Marindor but no release notes yet).How much this helps will depend on where you are in the game (for 1.16) and what they do. The more people in the "Expected" range who post factual data about fights they should win but didn't the quicker we can hope for the tweaks to be made.

I wish you all the best in your time of pain and decision making.
Thank you, Mykan! I'm still advancing. Yes, slowly but, I'm going to stay with it long enough to see what the developers are going to do. I really hope they realize how much they'll lose if they keep it at this pace. I understand slowing the advancements down somewhat but not to totally discouragement by making it impossible to win any battles too. Good luck to All!

Oh no nono nonononoNO!!! New thing, part of the update, unlocking the Scouting Tech in the research tree reduces the troop count in provinces that you scout AFTER you unlock the tech. Any provinces you scouted before you unlock the tech remain unchanged. Example, you open two provinces in the same ring. You open one before you complete your Scouting tech upgrade and look at the troop count. Then, after you complete the scouting tech, open another province in the same ring, the troop count will drop allot but only in this province. It will stay the same in the other one. Several players have posted about this on the forum
Wish I had know this last year! :)

Last edited by a moderator: