• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.26

DeletedUser115

Feedback for version 1.26

Dear Humans and Elves,

As has already been announced, we will be updating our servers to version 1.26 on Thursday, March 30th. We would love to hear your feedback regarding this update in this thread.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser3640

• When we developed the Magic Workshops and Magic Residences, we undervalued their advantage in comparison to their non-magic counterparts. Therefore, we want to take action on this by adjusting their Diamond prices to better reflect their value.
Does this include prices for upgrading them? They are already out of this world, so I'm just curious.

DeletedUser115

• When we developed the Magic Workshops and Magic Residences, we undervalued their advantage in comparison to their non-magic counterparts. Therefore, we want to take action on this by adjusting their Diamond prices to better reflect their value.
Does this include prices for upgrading them? They are already out of this world, so I'm just curious.

Hi Reiq,

Thank you for pointing this out. This was actually applied during version 1.25, and must have walked past us, so I'll be happy to explain here. The change that occurred was the fact that the price did not change from level two to level three for the Elves Workshop. There were also a few levels in later chapters that were not changing in price, which has also been fixed.

Our apologies due to this confusion, and I have removed that line from the release notes of 1.26 to avoid confusion on this update. Nothing with diamond costs for Magical buildings will be changed with this update.

DeletedUser6755

Hi, Do we know around what time the servers will be down? I just want to let my fellowship know so we can se appropriate timers on our goods

DeletedUser3602

Hi,
I saw that the Helping Hands bug has marked as "Fixed" in the Report a Bug section, but it's not on the list of Bugs to be fixed with release 1.26. Will it be fixed with that update? Thanks, Floripa

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115

Hi, Do we know around what time the servers will be down? I just want to let my fellowship know so we can se appropriate timers on our goods

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a time when the update will occur due to many reasons. The servers are updated in batches and sometimes the updates can take longer on some servers than others resulting in a delay. The updates generally last no longer than five minutes, and if they do, we will let you know. :)

Hi,
I saw that the Helping Hands bug has marked as "Fixed" in the Report a Bug section, but it's not on the list of Bugs to be fixed with release 1.26. Will it be fixed with that update? Thanks, Floripa

It was showing as fixed with version 1.26, but it looks as though something else has popped up and it's being re-investigated. I will let you know as I get more information.

qaccy

I see it mentioned in the update notes, so hopefully this update does fix faculty productions. 15+22+22+22+22 should equal 103, not 99 as the quests are infuriatingly demonstrating to me (when they ask for you to collect 100 of a given faculty).

cleverphox

I noticed in Version 1.26, which came out today, that everyone that had help from someone with the Builders' Hut were all completely wiped and helping hands for my entire world were present for the Builders' Huts everywhere. Is this a foreshadowing of what is going to happen? Does this mean that help to Builders' Huts have a time limit instead of being perpetual? Or does this mean that even if all the Builders in a city have been motivated that the rest of the world still sees them as being motivatable? If the help to builders are temporary, as I pray is not the case, couldn't we just deduct 1 motivation per day or week instead of a total wipe out?

DeletedUser5521

I see a change to the times posted in notifications have been changed to military, in some other part of the world than that in which I live. I see I was helped "today 18:53" which would be 6:53 PM in my normal way of thinking about time, yet it is only 2:03 PM here. I no longer have any idea when someone actually helped, and the golden hands issue not being resolved doesn't actually help me figure it out. Whoever thought this military time thing was a good idea...I would have to say I absolutely completely disagree, and the times need to go back to displaying the way they were before. There are so many issues that actually need to be resolved...why keep creating more? Thank you.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Whoever thought this military time thing was a good idea...I would have to say I absolutely completely disagree
The 24h clock is actually superior to the am/pm system, especially when dealing internationally.
There's a reason people call it "military time" it's precise, fast, and simple.

The 24-hour notation removes the ambiguity associated with am/pm usage and also makes it easier to express time across time zones.
The only thing going for the am/pm notation is that is logical to use it with analog clocks.
Most people already have switched from wearing watches to using their smartphones for time telling. That means there is no longer a point for am/pm, other than tradition.

As an example, if it's 9:00 pm, what time was it 17 hours ago? nope, too slow.
How about if it's 21:00, what time was it 17 hours ago? pretty much instant.

In an ideal world a day would be 10 hours consisting of 100 minutes each of which had 100 seconds, but it's too late for that since we already decided how long a second is. Perhaps if we colonize the galaxy and earth's rotation becomes irrelevant we can use a metric clock......

DeletedUser5521

The 24h clock is actually superior to the am/pm system, especially when dealing internationally.
There's a reason people call it "military time" it's precise, fast, and simple.

The 24-hour notation removes the ambiguity associated with am/pm usage and also makes it easier to express time across time zones.
The only thing going for the am/pm notation is that is logical to use it with analog clocks.
Most people already have switched from wearing watches to using their smartphones for time telling. That means there is no longer a point for am/pm, other than tradition.

As an example, if it's 9:00 pm, what time was it 17 hours ago? nope, too slow.
How about if it's 21:00, what time was it 17 hours ago? pretty much instant.

In an ideal world a day would be 10 hours consisting of 100 minutes each of which had 100 seconds, but it's too late for that since we already decided how long a second is. Perhaps if we colonize the galaxy and earth's rotation becomes irrelevant we can use a metric clock......
Come on, Soggy, you know I was talking about IN THE GAME. In the game posting help times in this way is not "superior", because now, if you actually read what I wrote, someone helped me "today at 18:53" which, where I live HAS NOT HAPPENED YET. So it is not superior IN THE GAME, it makes things more confusing, and why is that necessary? It's another change that did not make things better, was not necessary, did not need to happen, because yesterday, before the change, there was no confusion about when people did their visits. Not sure why you had to write all that as if I had made a major faux pas by stating my displeasure with another unnecessary change. I simply stated that it was a bad change FOR THE GAME not necessarily for life as the world knows it. Good gravy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think you're both a little fringe on this. I have trouble imagining it's either particularly good or bad for the game. It might conceivably reduce some confusion about whether a person means their local time or the game time when they indicate a time, but it's also going to create a little confusion for a while. All in all I expect it will be a pretty minor event in the game's play. Now if the 24 hour clock is synced to when they deploy updates and start/end quests, that would be awesome.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
There's 3 possibilities
1. Everything is displayed in your local time:
Upside: easiest for you to know when anything happens/happened.
Downside: hardest for communication with players in other time zones
2. Everything is server time:
Upside: easiest for communication with players in other time zones
Downside: hardest for you to know when anything happens/happened. (but can be learned fairly quickly)
3. Some sort of mix
Ew.

Personally I'm 2h off from server time, so I'd prefer everything to be 24h clock and server time. Most days I can subtract 2 pretty easily. Most days.

@Aramina Since we are talking on the US forums, I assume you live in the Americas, so just how far off can server time be for you? a simple way to check is to post in chat since chat is on server time. Once you learn this, mentally subtracting a couple hours is very fast.
Good gravy, bad gravy, doesn't matter just put it on my fries with some cheese.

DeletedUser5521

There's 3 possibilities
1. Everything is displayed in your local time:
Upside: easiest for you to know when anything happens/happened.
Downside: hardest for communication with players in other time zones
2. Everything is server time:
Upside: easiest for communication with players in other time zones
Downside: hardest for you to know when anything happens/happened. (but can be learned fairly quickly)
3. Some sort of mix
Ew.

Personally I'm 2h off from server time, so I'd prefer everything to be 24h clock and server time. Most days I can subtract 2 pretty easily. Most days.

@Aramina Since we are talking on the US forums, I assume you live in the Americas, so just how far off can server time be for you? a simple way to check is to post in chat since chat is on server time. Once you learn this, mentally subtracting a couple hours is very fast.
Good gravy, bad gravy, doesn't matter just put it on my fries with some cheese.

Soggy....sigh....I just wanted notification time clock to go back to where it was yesterday...no math involved, no exasperation. I don't think I even noticed the time posted before when the golden hands were golden when they were supposed to be. So I'll leave it at that for now..

Here's yer fries...you get the ones with cheese and gravy...I'll have a little ketchup+mayo on the side with mine ;)

DeletedUser3484

Well you just answered MY question.. and here I thought that I was just seeing things differently with my new glasses..:cool::cool::cool:o_O

Maz Mellor

I see a change to the times posted in notifications have been changed to military, in some other part of the world than that in which I live. I see I was helped "today 18:53" which would be 6:53 PM in my normal way of thinking about time, yet it is only 2:03 PM here. I no longer have any idea when someone actually helped, and the golden hands issue not being resolved doesn't actually help me figure it out. Whoever thought this military time thing was a good idea...I would have to say I absolutely completely disagree, and the times need to go back to displaying the way they were before. There are so many issues that actually need to be resolved...why keep creating more? Thank you.

Thank you for mentioning this! I have also noticed it and find it hella annoying. The notifications used to be time-stamped according to my local time; no calculations necessary when tracking visits in my FS. But no more. :mad:

Last edited:

nightrider1

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a time when the update will occur due to many reasons. The servers are updated in batches and sometimes the updates can take longer on some servers than others resulting in a delay. The updates generally last no longer than five minutes, and if they do, we will let you know. :)

It was showing as fixed with version 1.26, but it looks as though something else has popped up and it's being re-investigated. I will let you know as I get more information.
told by support this not an issue but i still have visits not recording /no golden hands . Whats UP?

DeletedUser3707

Military Time is not too complicated. I was told if it's not morning just subtract 12 from whatever it is. Like 18:00 is 18-12=6 so it's 6:00 pm. I'm surprised I remember that. My first husband was Military so we had to learn it. Then if it's morning it is what it says like 06:00 is 6am. I think most will be able to handle it but it can be confusing.

The grip I have is everything is more expensive. It's not fair to the one's that can't afford diamonds while those people buy and use them like crazy. They also move up in rank faster too. I just think it's very unfair to raise the prices so much. And seems like it takes longer to upgrades buildings. Then with these large events you still throw in tournaments, OMG! What are we supposed to do? I guess we get to look at all the pretties that other people own. We don't stand a chance. lol