• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.39

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
So, Ashrem, I did as you suggested and opened a ticket.... this is the response:

Elvenar - Customer Support

Dear SoulsSilhouette,

You have received a reply to your support ticket "AW issue":
Hello SoulsSilhouette,

Thank you for contacting the Elvenar support team.

We are sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with the changes made to the Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire ancient wonders. Please be aware this was not a decision that we made lightly, and every part of the decision was analyzed - even your feedback from our Beta community.

The changes were made to balance out all of the Ancient Wonders to make sure that they were fair and advantageous to each player that decided to build them. This will also help players realize the importance of providing neighborly help in order to obtain the larger prizes/rewards.

We do realize that any changes made to the game are not always going to be liked right-away, but we do encourage you to try this alteration and leave your feedback on our forum.

Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this change causes you.

Kind regards,

Frozen Elf
In-Game Support

It is evident that they don't give a flying fairy's wing. I know it will not improve neighbor visits. I won't get anything out of it. It takes time for me to do all my discovered. A great deal of time. My time is VALUABLE. Even if Inno doesn't think so. It really makes me consider just finding other games to play and abandon this and FoE for a more honest game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It is evident that they don't give a flying fairy's wing.
It's not evident at all, but that wasn't my point. 50 complaints on the forums will (if anything) appear to the devs as "There were complaints on the forums about changes to the AW" 50 support tickets will appear as "50 tickets filed under category changes to the AW" and can be filed by anyone in your fellowship without having to come to the forums to register. The point isn't to get volunteer game moderators to do something, it's to get hard numbers for a company that is statistics driven.

Also, I may have been careless in being unspecific, but I'd never suggest filing an in game ticket before you've actually experienced the change. At best that tells them you are a forum person caught up in the general angst about the changes. Beta people can be filing now. The rest of us should wait until they deploy on live servers.

DeletedUser9080

Not for nothing, but is it wise to publish correspondence like that in the forums?
I seem to remember another thread where that was frowned upon.
If it is OK, then just ignore me, I'm new around here.

Anyway...,
This thread has been very informative, as a relatively new player I can see that having the AW's can be advantageous, but upgrading them very far, seems unwise.
Thank's to all the well-worn players for the heads-up.
:cool:

DeletedUser2870

From the releasenotes :

From now on, the Ancient Wonders "Bell Spire" and "Crystal Lighthouse" will grant you higher rewards when performing Neighborly Help.

• These rewards won't be added automatically but trigger when a treasure chest is available
Soooo...what bloody part is giving MORE goods with the treasure chests? because I completed my rounds today and it sure wasnt MORE.
And no, it doesn't make one bit of difference whether a chest is generated or not, whether one opens a chest or not, whether there are 10 or 20 visits between opening the chests.
The reward is exactly the same. Nothing else becomes available or is added. Chest or no chest available, what is gained in goods is EXACTLY THE SAME LESSER AMOUNT as when no chest is generated.

Inno, really, I have noticed that the lying to and deceiving of your customers seems to be part of your regular marketing strategy, but this really takes the cake by doing it in such a obvious way

DeletedUser4699

From the releasenotes :

From now on, the Ancient Wonders "Bell Spire" and "Crystal Lighthouse" will grant you higher rewards when performing Neighborly Help.

• These rewards won't be added automatically but trigger when a treasure chest is available
Soooo...what bloody part is giving MORE goods with the treasure chests? because I completed my rounds today and it sure wasnt MORE.
And no, it doesn't make one bit of difference whether a chest is generated or not, whether one opens a chest or not, whether there are 10 or 20 visits between opening the chests.
The reward is exactly the same. Nothing else becomes available or is added. Chest or no chest available, what is gained in goods is EXACTLY THE SAME LESSER AMOUNT as when no chest is generated.

Inno, really, I have noticed that the lying to and deceiving of your customers seems to be part of your regular marketing strategy, but this really takes the cake by doing it in such a obvious way

The update doesn't hit the live servers until tomorrow...........................

DeletedUser1390

You can say I'm whining and you can say that I'm wrong and that somehow I'm ignorant of the way things work, but I truly believe this is Inno pushing people into buying diamonds in order to be able to advance.

Sounds to me like you understand perfectly well how things work.

If you want a game that's fair and balanced, find a game where you pay a monthly subscription to play.

DeletedUser6219

I guess I am confused. You have people saying the only reason they visit their neighbors is for the goods from CL/BS. They also say that they are only receiving (approximately) 10 visits from neighbors. They then say this will reduce the amount that neighbors visit. If you are visiting 200 neighbors and only getting 10 visits back... that is 5%. So are you visiting neighbors just for the goods..or are you trying to entice your neighbors to visit you back for culture/MH/BH help? So is it then just greed for goods that has people upset? Is the need for goods that high? FYI these are all honest questions...not trying to say people are greedy or don't produce enough goods. I guess I am failing to see the issue here. I have well over 500k of each good; actively trade, and have never lacked goods. I do not fight anything.. I always negotiate/cater. So I guess I am confused how people "need" the goods from CL/BS. Wouldn't it be more time efficient just to build one more of each factory? At least with an additional factory you would know you are going to get x amount of goods whereas the goods you get from CL/BS are random; knowing my luck if I ever needed Gems for example.. I would always get Planks LOL.

Again I am not saying anyone is wrong or anything like that... I guess I just don't understand the outrage. So you spent a lot of time and KP in an AW and now it is changing... ok? This is my first online game like this, but I have played MMOs for 13 years and this type of change is common in MMOs; and yes it is almost always for balance issues, changes coming to a game, or because something is considered OP (overpowered). These were MMOs that you paid a sub price for every month and sometimes even micro-transactions. It happens and you adapt.

I only visit my FS members and a few neighbors a day; those who visit me. So this change will actually help me; 3 chests = 30x goods - I rarely visit 30 people in a day.

On a side rant... I loathe most of my neighbors who visit me. There I said it. Because they are not visiting me to help me out...they are just visiting to help themselves out. If I receive 6 visits a day from neighbors at least half of them just click my MH. That is not helping me. I already have way too much coin as it is. I specifically state "Culture Only Please" in my city title. I used to thank them for visiting (after I would visit them and click whatever they had in their city title) and would politely ask if they could make sure to click a culture item since I needed help with culture. Well I stopped asking because the responses I got were vile and almost made me quit the game; everything from "F You" to.. "F You A*hole." REAL Neighborly. To be honest neighborly visits from people who don't click my culture always makes me feel like a cheap hooker; like I am just being used....
Funny story... when I first started Elvenar in December 2016... I used to send thank you notes every time someone visited me; even FS members. I thought it was the neighborly thing to do. I had no idea that sending emails to people thanking them wasn't the "normal" thing to do. I made some great friends that way. And then I started getting the aforementioned replies and I realized this game wasn't about being neighborly or helpful to a lot of people, but about their game only and they weren't visiting me to be nice.. they just wanted the coin/goods from visiting me. So about a month or so ago I stopped visting people who visited me and didn't click culture
From the releasenotes :

"We will have a temporary downtime on Thursday, September 28th, in order to roll out version 1.39 onto our servers."

Sooooo maybe that's why you didn't see any changes since the release isn't going out until the 29th.... just saying.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So are you visiting neighbors just for the goods..or are you trying to entice your neighbors to visit you back for culture/MH/BH help? So is it then just greed for goods that has people upset? Is the need for goods that high?
If a person built the Lighthouse/bell spire, there's a chance they did it because they want the goods. If they leveled it up past 5th level, there's a really good chance. If they leveled it up past 10th level, they probably have 300 or 400 neighbors, and a daily visit to each (even only 3 or 4 times a week) would have replaced several factories in their town. Now it won't, and they have to decide whether it's worth throwing way a few thousand kp with the light house so they can build the factories they're going to need.

Mine is only third level, and last night it would have got me 22,000 goods. today it will get me 3,015

DeletedUser7367

Zero sense, Lane.... You gain goodies by doing 'assignments' NOWHERE dose your game development dept. actually explain the time WE spend and the 'oh boy' prizes that purportedly come AFTER....... 'Where's the beef'??? The interface which actually explains what we, the consumers, get out of the event???

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
'Where's the beef'??? The interface which actually explains what we, the consumers, get out of the event???
You probably need to refresh the page.
upload_2017-9-28_6-38-10.png

DeletedUser7367

Now I am 'gently' IRATE.sry but true... ALL visits to every neighbor HIGH 200'sin provinces? NO GOODS..... WHY!?!?! Yes I have have lvl 6 headed to 7 Lighhhouse..... NOT a good thing, guys!

DeletedUser7367

OOPS got it... but dropping away the 147 boosted goods EVERY time I hit a neighbor???? Kind of a catch 22 event snafu!

DeletedUser7367

Sincerest apologies, Aider et al.... I overreacted.... aftershock of both jet lag from Romania back to LAX.... and the game's last two offerings! Cheers and chins up!

DeletedUser4395

Well, this latest update will have me visit significant less neighbors. I currently have a Level 7 Crystal Lighthouse with something like 215 provinces unlocked. Prior to the update, I would receive 139 goods per neighbor or roughly 18k of goods per day.

Now, I see that I will get 1,385 goods per chest. Assuming that I still receive 3 chests per day, I will receive 4k of goods per day.

1) I am not sure how I am getting more goods as your release notes say.
2) I will certainly not visit the 100 neighbors or so that no longer play. What is the point? I don't need the coin and I won't get any other benefit from visiting.
3) My FS tournaments will suffer as I will not progress as far. I won't buy diamonds to participate in a tournament.

I respect that you want to make money and I expect the game to change. I remember when the Crystal Lighthouse was pretty worthless when it gave something around 20 goods per visit. Personally, I don't think this change was well thought out. Maybe you are increasing the number of chests and it works out. However, the net result for me is I will spend significantly less time on Elvenar as I will save the 20 minutes it took to visit all my neighbors.

qaccy

That is right I immediately claim otherwise. The only reason I visit 450+ neighbors on a 4-5 day basis is for goods. Now it will only be when I need coin. So you go live in your bubble world and believe this won't change the way people play.

Perhaps for you, but what I said is still correct. Because people have different priorities that are impossible to all account for together, this is simply a change in effect rather than a definitive in/decrease in effect. Someone who visits 30 or fewer people per day will see relatively no change or even a benefit (this is a much larger portion of players than those who visit hundreds per day), players like you will see a decrease, and of course those who don't even have the AW built (the largest portion of all) will see no effect whatsoever. I'm not 'living in a bubble', I'm being objective.. In fact, I never even said anything about this change affecting how people play the game, did I?

The only problem I really have with the change to the wonder is how it is stated in the release notes:I despise people that are such blatant liars.

You forgot to include the second part of that note in the announcement:

These rewards won't be added automatically but trigger when a treasure chest is available.
They aren't really lying, but it could certainly be seen as a bit misleading.

DeletedUser2870

The update doesn't hit the live servers until tomorrow...........................

Yes and its even worse...
One gets NO goods at all, except when those chests are opened. And then its a fixed amount, whether you have visited 1 or 10 or 20 people in between. And there still are only 3 chests per day.
That amount is more than it was PER VISIT. Yes, but even if I was visiting only my 15 active neighbours and my own FS members, I'd get 40x248=9920 goods. Now I get 3x1575 (the fixed amount for my lvl of the CL)=4725 goods, pretty much HALF of what I would get.
Of course, I shudder to make the comparison to the 1 or 2 times a week I would do the entire map (about 350 provinces)

This is not 'MORE' any way one looks at it, it is EXTREMELY MUCH LESS than before.
So effectively they have castrated this AW.

DeletedUser2870

Perhaps for you, but what I said is still correct. Because people have different priorities that are impossible to all account for together, this is simply a change in effect rather than a definitive in/decrease in effect. Someone who visits 30 or fewer people per day will see relatively no change or even a benefit (this is a much larger portion of players than those who visit hundreds per day), players like you will see a decrease, and of course those who don't even have the AW built (the largest portion of all) will see no effect whatsoever. I'm not 'living in a bubble', I'm being objective.. In fact, I never even said anything about this change affecting how people play the game, did I?

Untrue. Look at my post doing the math. At visiting 30-40 people I only get half of what I used to get.
This is ONLY an improvement for people who did their FS members only, or even fewer than that.

qaccy

Untrue. Look at my post doing the math. At visiting 30-40 people I only get half of what I used to get.
This is ONLY an improvement for people who did their FS members only, or even fewer than that.

Your math would be incorrect, then. By my observations, the effect was increased by 10x but now only activates when a chest is opened. This means that the 3 chests are worth visiting 30 people with the old bonus. It's pretty simple to determine, really. If you're stating anything different from that then you're simply lying or the effect is actually bugged.