• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.39

DeletedUser5827

@Ashrem made a great point that they've nerfed CL too much. I think he's right; I deleted mine the first day of the patch. But the balancing issue to me is obvious, and it shouldn't be that surprising that changes were made. There's lots of discussion that the nerf was "wrong," but what was the right answer, assuming the status quo couldn't continue?

I have been in sales, and for the most part more effort is rewarded. I didn't happen upon my boon of 40K extra supplies a day, I worked up to it. I invested real time in building my map and my AW, level 8, and now 360 KP towards level 9.

An 80% reduction is unreal. It has me seeing a time when INNO makes one change too many and I bail. That isn't a threat, it just is. I can't say if I am there yet, but the Wholesaler change still stings with me.

We all have areas of the game we like, and yes, this was one for me. Now, it's just a disappointment every time it is time for visits.

DeletedUser3595

Well, it used to be I did many visits in each world, because of the extra goods I acquired. Plus with only semi-active fellowships, it worked well to keep increasing goods to trade with neighbors, since I do not receive a boost from culture.

Since roll-out, I have done exactly the number of visits to garner the three chests on two worlds, because visiting someone for just coin is silly. If the point was to decrease visits, it works.

DeletedUser2870

Let's pretend that Inno's goal is to make era-equivalent AWs comparably useful. They don't want a world where the game basically requires a player to build one AW (CL in this case) because it is hands-down the best, and any other AW is a comparative waste of space. Dispute that assumption all you want, but I think its a reasonable one.

So in your case, the CL (plus 2+ hours of clicking) was worth 100,000 goods/week. Compare that to the Martial Monastery (unlocked by the same tech; similar city size requirements), where at Level 10 you're getting at most 20% troop health (which also requires hours of clicking to maximize) and several thousand culture. Since an advanced player can achieve the similar culture outputs with the best-available culture building, we are really comparing troop health to 100K goods.

Obviously its an apples-to-oranges comparison, but there's an obvious disconnect here in the power of CL/BS vs Martial Monastery. And there's no "AW" strength calculator that I'm aware of, but I'd wager that a level 10 CL in the hands of someone with 200+ expanded provinces is providing a reward leaps and bounds above nearly any other AW in the game (again, assuming they spend the time clicking), and certainly well above any other AW before Orcs.

Using somewhat-real numbers, I have a level 6 GA in Fairies, so its worth about 1.3K pop and 400K gold a day. So at least a 2x, maybe 3x more efficient use space devoted to residences. My max level/max boost gems factory is getting me 4K gems a day, meaning 28K gems a week (assuming perfect cycling). If a CL is worth 100K goods, thats over a 4x improvement (not including pop/culture needed for the manufactory). And that's with you admittedly saying that, if you had time, that 100K could be 200K if you did max visits daily. If CL is twice as good as one of the best-regarded AWs, how is there not a balancing need?

@Ashrem made a great point that they've nerfed CL too much. I think he's right; I deleted mine the first day of the patch. But the balancing issue to me is obvious, and it shouldn't be that surprising that changes were made. There's lots of discussion that the nerf was "wrong," but what was the right answer, assuming the status quo couldn't continue?

First of all, I will strongly contest its the best AW in the game. Personally I feel that the Prosperity Towers are at least the equal and the Maze of Dark Matter is even better. But the GA is definitely one of the best in the game considering it delivers an absolutely massive pop advantage at an exceedingly small space of only 3x3 and gives a massive amount of coins to boot.
The Monastery is nice, but when one goes a bit further out, fighting just is not an option. So I can safely say that though it was good BEFORE they completely changed the battlesystem, it now is a pretty worthless wonder for me that only is useful during tournaments, and since I only do 3-5 provinces for 3-5 rounds, its effect is minor at that.
Not to mention it -once again- doesnt require any action once placed.

As for balancing, I am NOT opposed to balancing things. But taking away 80-90% of the effect is hardly balancing.
Not to mention that now it does no longer promote making visits. Whether one does 3 visits or 300 visits, the rewards now are the same, as long as you open the 3 chests.
I stated before, if they wanted to 'balance' it, it could have been done much easier by changing the amount of goods per visit. First of all that's much easier to program, second it still gives an incentive to active players to make visits.
This 'solution' is badly thought out and even worsely handled.

Not to mention they made a deliberate false statement in the announcing since they stated that MOST PLAYERS would see an increase and SOME players would see a SLIGHT decrease. The fact is that MOST players see a HUGE decrease while only SOME see a small increase.

Deleted User - 1528929

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have announced our upcoming update to version 1.39. As always, we would love to hear your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Yep, I'm sure you'll love hearing my feedback.

I'm disgusted. I'm doing about 100 less neighborly visits now than I used to. I'm visiting only fellowship and gold hands from the world map. A day before the improvement' to the Crystal Lighthouse, I visited 128 cities, received 2911 steel, 2827 scrolls and 3408 dust from the visits. Today the total received was 717 steel and 1414 scrolls, zero chests. This is a REDUCTION of almost 77 percent in my reward for actually being one of those who do daily neighborly visits, which I thought you push. Well, you pushed me into reducing my visits by about 77%, and I'm feeling like my spending on diamonds will see an approximately 77% reduction as well. If I had to guess, I'd expect those highest spending players are those more likely to do more than 30 visits a day, and they and I are the ones most negatively impacted by this misbegotten ill thought out and well hated by the majority I've spoken with change.

Congratulations, Inno.

DeletedUser2870

Btw, there is another problem with the analogy and that is the possibility of building or upgrading any particular wonder.
To build it and upgrade it at the 6, 11, 16, 21 lvls, one needs runes for that particular wonder. There is NO WAY to steer on getting those from the provinces or the tourneys, those are random.
So it already can be a painstaking process to gather enough shards for a wonder a player really wants to upgrade. Granted the CL is one of the earlier ones, but still.
Also, 9 runes needed to fill the ring, but on average I have noticed I need to have 20 to counter the breaking. So the most reliable way is to invest in other players, who have the AW you want to upgrade, meaning that one has to spend KPs not only on your own AW, but on others as well.

DeletedUser2447

Its quite simple. If you are still playing you are getting something out of it whether it be fun or you enjoy being at the rank you are and don't want to drop rank by ceasing playing. Inno is a business and are doing this for revenue and there is nothing wrong with that, All businesses operate for profit, So you have a choice
1. If it makes you unhappy stop playing and/or stop paying for diamonds because Inno isn't really interested in your opinion, They interested in your wallet. Period. If enough players stop paying it might get their attention,
2. Carry on playing and make the best of it and save yourself some grief by not offering up more of your time airing your feelings to Inno. They do not care about your feelings, Only your wallet

DeletedUser2870

Its quite simple. If you are still playing you are getting something out of it whether it be fun or you enjoy being at the rank you are and don't want to drop rank by ceasing playing. Inno is a business and are doing this for revenue and there is nothing wrong with that, All businesses operate for profit, So you have a choice
1. If it makes you unhappy stop playing and/or stop paying for diamonds because Inno isn't really interested in your opinion, They interested in your wallet. Period. If enough players stop paying it might get their attention,
2. Carry on playing and make the best of it and save yourself some grief by not offering up more of your time airing your feelings to Inno. They do not care about your feelings, Only your wallet

Duh.
Stopped buying diamonds long ago.
Actually cut down on playing quite a bit as well. And I'm not the only one, not by a long shot.

But if one takes a look at the changes over the last months to a year, you 'll notice they're mostly working against long-time, loyal players. So apparently they think they'll get more from the new players.

DeletedUser6219

The changes are enough to make me stop playing this game. Slow, boring and of no point.

The game has always been slow. Boring is subjective. No point? I guess the only point the game brings are those you have... to me it is a fun way to waste some time and socialize some. Personally I find visiting more than 25-30 people a day VERY boring. I also don't put a lot of KP into my AWs as that makes the game feel even slower.

DeletedUser6219

Well, YOURS may have increased by exactly 10, mine obviously didn't. I got 248 goods per visit yesterday. Now I get 1575 per chest.
So apparently the 10-fold increasement is not generic, or there is a bug.

Its not the same at all. once or twice a week I would do the whole map, meaning something like 180-190 visits, so the effect is that I get only about 25% of what I used to get. At best.

All your talking about capping is nice, but is faulty reasoning. The tome is an AW that once placed DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY ACTION. After 24 hours, you click on it to collect. Same for the Prosperity Towers. After 3 hours, you click on it. That's all. The CL requires one to actively spend quite a lot of time on making visits in order to get the rewards. If you don't go out and pay a lot of visits, its not much good, so its only built by players who do spend a lot of time making visits. Meaning that this castration hurts your most active playerbase, and hardly effects those who don't bother to make visits.
In this way, it encouraged players to reach out and contact neighbours, which now is of no use and so I won't. do so anymore.

Also, as I stated before, the CL became for many players a part of their strategy, in a way the tome or the towers never can be.

Also, your last sentences say PERHAPS...and IF...but for those changes it requires programming other things again.
So you suggest that one bad change should be solved by programming yet more changes, none of which would be needed if the original one wasn't made, or had been made intelligently.
IF the devs felt it was too much of a powerhouse, then first they should be able to explain why that is, since no serious explanation has been given, nor evidence provided it was actually overpowered. And then it could have been solved way easier by adjusting the amount generated per visit. That would have taken all of 10 minutes to program...if one was slow.

I don't agree it was overpowerd because of the time and effort involved getting the goods. But though I wouldn't be happy by getting a reduced amount of goods, I could shrug it of. But loosing 75-80% of what it generated over a week is not just a reduction anymore.
The only 'bright side' on this is that on both weekend days, I'll no longer be sitting down to do the complete map with 2 accounts, which pretty much means about 4-5 hours less time to spend on the game on each of those days, so 8-10 hours less per week.

(btw, I would just loooooooove to see your employer come online here sometime, and and have him read your reasoning, I'm sure he would be more than glad to follow the same kind of reasoning in handling a paycheck)

Just one thing.. you said "so its only built by players who do spend a lot of time making visits." Sorry to say this, but you can't say ALL because I do not visit a lot of players. I am lucky if I visit 25-27 in a day and couldn't tell you the last time I visited more than 30. So while it is built MAINLY by players who do spend a lot of time making visits; not all. I use it to extend my NH culture polishes. I find visitations to be absolutely tedious and have to listen to music or I get bored out of my mind.

DeletedUser12233

It is very clear that the game designers are not listening to the players.The issue of changes to Lighthouse and Sanctuary AWs had severe adverse reaction in beta but despite this Inno has proceeded to bring this severe change into the live game.
Many players have invested significant time and effort in building up the levels of these AWs because they provided decent returns when they visited a high number of their neighbours. Anyone who normally visits over 30 neighbours including fellowship mates will now disadvantaged by this change.

A comment by a game moderator in beta -
We changed the mechanic for this ancient wonder. For the vast majority of players, you will end up having more rewards than you used to. For some players, you may get a tiny bit less. So why do this? Simple because now, this system will be easier to balance and track on our side.

This is blatantly wrong.

My level 11 Crystal Lighthouse has been giving me 385 goods for each neighbour and fellowship member I visit so by visiting my 24 Fellowship members and my 240 neighbours I can get 266*385 (=102,510) goods per day.
With the new arrangements I will get 3,850 goods each time I open a chest (maximum 3 per day) - I get 11,550 goods per day
How can this be explained as a tiny bit less - close to 90% reduction is not a small change!
In effect any player who visits more than 30 Fellowship friends and neighbours will be disadvantaged.

Along with many other players the reduction in goods will have a significant effect on my ability to take part in tournaments - fighting will still be possible but catering will be significantly reduced so I will not be able to complete as many provinces and/or levels..
I am sure I will continue visiting my fellowship friends but would have absolutely no incentive to visit my neighbours, the majority of which have not progressed sufficiently and are too far away to visit me back.

If I tear down my Lighthouse the 3365 KPs will be lost forever but that seems the best approach as my Lighthouse is now almost worthless. Maybe the developers will return the KPs if I decide this is the best option, or more likely I get nothing.

In summary this change will reduce my goods rewards by close to 90% and will reduce the visits I make to neighbours by a similar amount, I will not be able to participate as much in tournaments and overall will need less time to spend playing Elvenar. I guess it will give me time to find another game, maybe one I find I enjoy more - another satisfied customer?!?

Looks like this change will have exactly the opposite effect to what you are looking for unless balancing means playing Elvenar less.

Please. please come up with a better way of balancing the game than by totalling trashing the benefits that really active players get by investing their time and efforts in playing the game.

I completely agree with LordBrian. Please undo this change. Why would you take something away from your loyal players?? If you want to 'balance' it out, then make a bigger bonus of goods when getting a chest AND keep the smaller amount of goods when visiting. LordBrian and all the others are right. We have invested time and resources and often money in our Crystal Lighthouse. Why would you make it obsolete? I really do not understand your thinking. The continual disappointments and your continual taking away from the players is disheartening. That along with your very poor customer service really does not make someone like me want to play this game very much anymore. Elvenar was an enjoyable game, but it is not when you take the little things we enjy away from us. When you say that you are trying to 'balance' things out for players, your explanation is insincere because it does not make sense. It is more probable that your faulty explanation is a cover-up for making players spend more diamonds to produce more goods. In order for us to continue to have the same amount of goods, we have to spend more diamonds. This is very very disappointing - but not very surprising. Whenever you have taken things away from us in the game, there has always been a financial gain for you. Please think about your loyal customers and give us back the rewards we get from our crystal lighthouse. Give your players some respect.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
On the whole I am really enjoying the change the the wonder. Only takes me a few visits to get my 3 chest and get the max benefit from the wonder. That is a massive time saver and ensures I always get max reward for little time.

I can also see why they would make the change for balance. It is near impossible to balance something when 1 person visits 10 people another 25-30 and another 200. By making it easier to hit max reward it is easier to scale what a max reward should be and more people will get to the max.

That said the only question is, what is an appropriate max?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If the chance of a chest being present was 25%-(square of the number of chests you've found so far)% [min:1] it would (practically speaking) max out at about 5 chests fairly soon (~1 after 4 (25%), 2 after 8 (24%), 3 after 13 (21%), 4 after 19 (16.6%), 5 after 30 (9%)) then have a 1% chance after the 5th chest. That gives a little, but not too much, reward for effort.

Ganid

This shall not stand or I'm out of here... I can't begin to express my utter disappointment at the change made to the game this week pertaining to the awarding of bonus goods for neighborly help. After 15 months of daily effort and more than $1000 spent over that time on this game, I had proudly built up my daily bonus goods to 115 per visit times 163 provinces, or 18745 bonus goods per day, fairly equally divided between the three boosted goods I produce. As of today, this more than a year's worth of effort IS COMPLETELY WASTED!(It takes an hour per day for me to visit every last one to collect the bonus - and they are the goods that keep me going to town after town, not the coins, because 6000 daily boost in all three goods levels is FUNDAMENTAL to succeeding with the tournaments, and the tournaments are fundamental to optimized playing once you reach a certain level.) You can't just reduce my daily harvest from nearly 19000 and climbing to a static and uninspiring 3300 or so and still expect my loyalty. I have loved, loved, loved this game for the two virtues it so powerfully teaches: neighborly love (or at least generosity) and perseverance, both of which are best exemplified by the daily visits, but without the substantial goods allotted at every visit and seen to be applied town after town as you make your way across your little make/believe world, both of these attributes are skewered by this change as it only takes three visits a day to gather awaiting goods, and there is no longer any direct correlation between the gift of the visit to your neighbor and the reward provided. In other words, by making this change you have not only stripped me of a huge measure of my accomplishments in Elvenar without so much as a "by your leave", but also stripped it of a great deal of the morality motivation it so brilliantly included from the start. Please reverse course. I know it may be embarrassing but it is the only way to make good on the theft of my hard work and enormous investment in time and fortune all expended in support of your good work. I eagerly await your reply and I will also submit this unhappy missive to the forum. Sincerely and hopefully, Ganid of Woosonbriville, currently ranked #552

DeletedUser663

Support have asked me to raise my concerns about changes to the Lighthouse and Sanctuary AWs here - so here goes.
I will start by copying my conversation with Support.

ME TO SUPPORT
My level 11 Crystal Lighthouse currently gives me 385 goods for each neighbour and fellowship member I visit so by visiting my 24 Fellowship members and my 240 neighbours I can get 266*385 (=102,510) goods per day.
With the new arrangements I will get 3,850 goods each time I open a chest (maximum 3 per day) - I get 11,550 goods per day
How can this be explained as a tiny bit less - close to 90% reduction is not a small change!
In effect any player who visits more than 30 Fellowship friends and neighbours will be disadvantaged.
The reduction in goods will have a significant effect on my ability to take part in tournaments - fighting will still be possible but catering will be significantly reduced so I will not be able to complete as many provinces and/or levels..
I am sure I will continue visiting my fellowship friends but would have absolutely no incentive to visit my neighbours, the majority of which have not progressed sufficiently and are too far away to visit me back.
In summary this change will reduce my goods rewards by close to 90% and will reduce the visits I make to neighbours by a similar amount, I will not be able to participate as much in tournaments and overall will need less time to spend playing Elvenar. I guess it will give me time to find another game, maybe one I find I enjoy more - another satisfied customer?!?
Looks like this change will have exactly the opposite effect to what you are looking for unless balancing means playing Elvenar less.

It is very clear that the game designers are not listening to the players.The issue of changes to Lighthouse and Sanctuary AWs had severe adverse reaction in beta but despite this Inno has proceeded to bring this severe change into the live game.
Many players have invested significant time and effort in building up the levels of these AWs because they provided decent returns when they visited a high number of their neighbours. Anyone who normally visits over 30 neighbours including fellowship mates will now disadvantaged by this change.

A comment by a game moderator in beta -
We changed the mechanic for this ancient wonder. For the vast majority of players, you will end up having more rewards than you used to. For some players, you may get a tiny bit less. So why do this? Simple because now, this system will be easier to balance and track on our side.

This is blatantly wrong.

My level 11 Crystal Lighthouse has been giving me 385 goods for each neighbour and fellowship member I visit so by visiting my 24 Fellowship members and my 240 neighbours I can get 266*385 (=102,510) goods per day.

Along with many other players the reduction in goods will have a significant effect on my ability to take part in tournaments - fighting will still be possible but catering will be significantly reduced so I will not be able to complete as many provinces and/or levels..

If I tear down my Lighthouse the 3365 KPs will be lost forever but that seems the best approach as my Lighthouse is now almost worthless. Maybe the developers will return the KPs if I decide this is the best option, or more likely I get nothing.

Please. please come up with a better way of balancing the game than by totalling trashing the benefits that really active players get by investing their time and efforts in playing the game.

I am Archmage of Phoenix Power, the top Fellowship in Arendyll, and know that my team are extremely angry about this. A positive response about how and when you intend to correct this change would be appreciated.

SUPPORT RESPONSE
Hello LordBrian,

Thank you for contacting the Elvenar support team.

We are sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with the changes made to the Crystal Lighthouse and Bell Spire ancient wonders. Please be aware this was not a decision that we made lightly, and every part of the decision was analyzed - even your feedback from our Beta community.

The changes were made to balance out all of the Ancient Wonders to make sure that they were fair and advantageous to each player that decided to build them. This will also help players realize the importance of providing neighborly help in order to obtain the larger prizes/rewards.

We do realize that any changes made to the game are not always going to be liked right-away, but we do encourage you to try this alteration and leave your feedback on our forum.

Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this change causes you.

Kind regards,

Aleron
In-Game Support

MY SECOND MESSAGE TO SUPPORT
Please can you explain your comment
'This will also help players realize the importance of providing neighborly help in order to obtain the larger prizes/rewards.'

I really don't understand this - the change will significantly reduce the reasons for me doing neighbourhood visits and I guess the same will apply for a high proportion of advanced players. For me the goods gained were the only real benefit from visiting. Now by just visiting my fellowship I will get all the goods I will receive.

At least if 3 chests were available for both Fellowship and neighbour visits, there would some reason to visit a few neighbours.

SUPPORT RESPONSE
Thanks again for contacting the Elvenar support team.

We're happy to help you with your question,

The majority of players in Elvenar do not visit their neighbors on the world map, and/or most of them have this particular Ancient Wonder for its effect to extend neighborly help.

It's unfortunate that the change negatively affects some players, but as previously stated this was not a decision that we made lightly, and every part of the decision was analyzed - even your feedback from our Beta community.

We hope this helps and if you should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Aleron
In-Game Support

MY THIRD MESSAGE TO SUPPORT
So if you acknowledge that the changes are going to reduce the already low levels of neighbourhood visits, and you want players to increase their visits to neighbours, what will you be doing to make this worth doing.
Surely you need to add incentives rather than take them away.

SUPPORT RESPONSE
Thanks again for contacting the Elvenar support team.

We value the ideas and opinions of our players and we will forward your feedback to the development team.

Should you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Aleron
In-Game Support

MY FOURTH MESSAGE TO SUPPORT
I have never pestered the team before but really feel this is a game breaker - you must show that you care about players who invest a lot of time effort and money into this game - my Fellowship, without any input from me, is saying that we should withhold all purchases of diamonds until we here a positive response to our concerns about these changes.

If the feeling is that strong surely you need to reconsider this change. I would add that if we do decide to go down this route, and we have not voted so far, I would address all other Archmages of senior Fellowships about our decision. Please, please give something back - we love the game but hate to see our hard work and plans ripped from under our feet.

We contribute massive amounts in the purchase of diamonds and I hope you will give us some reason to continue our support for the development of this game.

SUPPORT RESPONSE
Thanks again for contacting the Elvenar support team,

We understand the frustration and inconvenience this is causing some of our players but please understand that as Elvenar support we can only forward your feedback onto our developers for them to review.

You and your fellowship can also give you feedback to the developers by following this link to our forum.

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-39.13416/

Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this change causes you.

Kind regards,

Aleron
In-Game Support

DeletedUser663

MY LATEST MESSAGE TO SUPPORT - no reply so far

Clearly feedback in the forum or through this Support channel is having no effect whatsoever.

As a result, I will be discussing with my Fellowship a total withdrawal from the purchase of diamonds until such time as something is done to address our concerns. As a group we purchase diamonds frequently and I am sure this is not an outcome which the developers wish to see.

This decision is not taken lightly - we love this game - but it seems the only option we have to make you listen to our genuine concerns.

MY MESSAGE TO MY FELLOWSHIP (We are the leading Fellowship in Arendyll)

Fellow team members

Many of you are very concerned about the changes made to Lighthouse and Sanctuary AWs which results in a very significant reduction in the worth of those AWs. The feedback from players in beta and here is clearly not being listened to and the latest response to my concerns with Support is 'Raise the issue on the Forum'.

In my opinion there is only one thing we can do to make Inno listen and that is by us making a strong protest. Diamonds seems to be the only message which Inno understands.

I propose that as a group

1. That we purchase no diamonds during the month of October.

2. That we avoid the use of diamonds in playing Elvenar during October.

3. That we encourage other Fellowships to take similar action.

4. That we review our position before the end of October, depending on any response from the game developers.

I hope that you all feel able and willing to support these proposals, if there are objections to this stance or other views on this significant and detrimental change to the game please reply here.

Sorry I have not consulted with Council on this but I feel that this is something which requires immediate action to show our strength of feeling.

MY REQUEST TO PLAYERS READING THIS

I sincerely believe that the developers have got this change wrong -

PLEASE SHOW YOUR CONCERN BY WITHDRAWING FROM THE PURCHASE OF DIAMONDS UNTIL DEVELOPERS LISTEN