• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 1.41

DeletedUser115

Dear Humans and Elves,

It is that time again that we roll out a new version of the game to you all. We would like to hear your feedback in this thread.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser9090

Surprise, surprise there is still no address of the chat issue. I have been with out chat for 5-6 weeks now in all 4 of my cities. This is just gross neglect on the developers part. I have been fallowing the thread I'm not the only person having this issue. They need to move beyond just being aware of the issue and actually resolve this issue for people.

DeletedUser9474

If the flourishing nut cave is now going to require a road, I'd like my diamonds back that I spent to get nuts to get the cave. I don't mind that you made a mistake and are trying to fix it, I do mind that you sold me something that will no longer function where I intended to put it when I bought nuts. I already had the 3rd chest so... that was a totally wasted purchase.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Another laughable thread asking for 'feedback'. This is a waste of webspace because the dev's don't care about what anyone thinks or the concerns that anyone shares. Chat is still unreliable or down. Not one mention of even addressing the problem. We have heard from "moderators' that they are aware of the porblem. I doubt that they are and if they are it is evident that the 'color' of a city is more important than chat. They addressed the 'fellowship adventures' when they don't even work. TOTAL FAIL AGAIN!

Risen Malchiah

• Eldrasil's Village has been slightly buffed, since its bonuses were slightly lower than intended.
  • The Flourishing Nutcave no longer only provides a Culture bonus, but will also produce Supplies (or Mana in later chapters). This also means that the Culture bonus that the building gave has been lowered a bit too, to balance for the additional effect of it producing Supplies (or Mana).
Extremely bad policy to change buildings after they have been released. Even though I am in Woodelves and would benefit from both of these changes, neither of these changes should occur. This is especially the case for the Nutcave, but I stand by this concept in regards to both buildings. Fair is fair and implementing changes AFTER a building is released on live servers is inadvisable..

DeletedUser7421

Due to the 'improvement' to the flourishing nutcave that will come AFTER the building was won, placed and the event ends... I have left 3 fellowships and quit playing in those 3 cities. I am currently looking for an archmage to take over the 4th fellowship so I can quit there also and be finished with this game completely.

It's not just the 'changes' to an existing building - it's the fact that inno thinks its ok and appropriate to make these changes AFTER the fact - which means no AW, no event building, no house, factory, workshop or anything else is safe from being arbitrarily 'Improved'.

And to boot, the language used by inno in the announcements is so derogatorily self inflated by their own sense of superiority that they think they can tell people they improved something while really decreasing the value of that said item.

DeletedUser9474

If the flourishing nut cave is now going to require a road, I'd like my diamonds back that I spent to get nuts to get the cave. I don't mind that you made a mistake and are trying to fix it, I do mind that you sold me something that will no longer function where I intended to put it when I bought nuts. I already had the 3rd chest so... that was a totally wasted purchase.
In an effort to be helpful here, a suggestion. Since these are 'improvements' why not set up a one step quest to exchange your building if desired? That way those of us who wanted the nut cage for looks won't end up with it needing a road? I'd think the same would apply to the other building change. I've worked on MMORPG games before and understand that mistakes happen but if something isn't game breaking it should be up to the player to exchange/upgrade or not. (Hey, maybe adding the 'upgrade' option to the replacement building would work too)

DeletedUser4471

If you are going to change the buildings (I acquired, and placed 7 of them where there are no roads), I want them moved back to my inventory, as well as the two Snowy Charming Trees and the two Flaming Eggs that I "sold" to make room for them. That would be the only satisfactory (albeit inferior from my perspective) solution. That way I would be able to restore my city to the way it was before I chose to place the buildings, and thought I was getting nice bump in Culture.

DeletedUser6219

Due to the 'improvement' to the flourishing nutcave that will come AFTER the building was won, placed and the event ends... I have left 3 fellowships and quit playing in those 3 cities. I am currently looking for an archmage to take over the 4th fellowship so I can quit there also and be finished with this game completely.

It's not just the 'changes' to an existing building - it's the fact that inno thinks its ok and appropriate to make these changes AFTER the fact - which means no AW, no event building, no house, factory, workshop or anything else is safe from being arbitrarily 'Improved'.

And to boot, the language used by inno in the announcements is so derogatorily self inflated by their own sense of superiority that they think they can tell people they improved something while really decreasing the value of that said item.

We get it already... you quit. This is at least the 3rd thread you have posted in with nearly the same information; culminating in your leaving the game.

DeletedUser12423

Another laughable thread asking for 'feedback'. This is a waste of webspace because the dev's don't care about what anyone thinks or the concerns that anyone shares.

I must say, I do believe they care. Consider this: They may have a small team. Over-worked, probably. And answering our feedback (outnumbered at best) is probably not as easy as each one of us simply posting our thoughts. I say this from a neutral perspective, as I design games myself. And while I agree with many of the statements here, I also understand that Inno is probably "trying very hard" to please, if not answer, all of us.

With that said, don't quit because of a nerf. The game is great. That's why you and I are here. I love and respect you guys. And since I joined the community, I've only gotten more involved in the game. I'm not to Halflings yet, as I am still new. But I still look ahead and am anxious to see the next race, way before I'm even there!

Cheers all!
-Ironman Rob

Arkadia

@Aider - No mention of changing the Lighthouse back. You people keep disappointing players...not cool :/

As for the event buildings, I agree...changing the benefits of a building AFTER they went live is not acceptable. While one may like the change, others will not. Your design team should make up their minds before a release and stick w them.

DeletedUser9601

With that said, don't quit because of a nerf. The game is great.
Amen. If you've devoted months to a game you enjoy, and you quit because one building had its stats changed, you're a liar. You were looking for a reason to quit, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.
FNC was marginally worse than Blue Tree Enclosure, but came 5 days later and was 2 squares smaller. So for folks who 1. were only rushing the event at 26 days vs 21 days, and had 6 squares to fill in their city vs 9, they were marginally worse off. And those folks ONLY needed culture.
I'd be shocked if the people affected were more than 5 people. Everyone else is up in arms because of poor communication, in a free-to-play game. Mind-boggling.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I must say, I do believe they care. Consider this: They may have a small team. Over-worked, probably. And answering our feedback (outnumbered at best) is probably not as easy as each one of us simply posting our thoughts. I say this from a neutral perspective, as I design games myself. And while I agree with many of the statements here, I also understand that Inno is probably "trying very hard" to please, if not answer, all of us.

With that said, don't quit because of a nerf. The game is great. That's why you and I are here. I love and respect you guys. And since I joined the community, I've only gotten more involved in the game. I'm not to Halflings yet, as I am still new. But I still look ahead and am anxious to see the next race, way before I'm even there!

Cheers all!
-Ironman Rob

Yeah, NO. This is a company that also developed and maintains Forge of Empires as well as several other games. They don't care what we think. They don't respond to feedback. When you put in a support ticket in the hopes that there will be some explanation that isn't self severing and evasive, you get a canned response from a person who has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the actual game. They give canned responses and then their personal.. well, this is what I do, response which is annoying and aggravating. There is no point in this thread or any other that starts out with a lie. The lie is that they care about this game. The fellowship adventures are a FAIL and they should never have released it when it didn't work. They tweaked parts of it when the entire second installment was a total fail. Make all the excuses you want for them, but don't even try that overworked garbage.

DeletedUser4471

Amen. If you've devoted months to a game you enjoy, and you quit because one building had its stats changed, you're a liar. You were looking for a reason to quit, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.
FNC was marginally worse than Blue Tree Enclosure, but came 5 days later and was 2 squares smaller. So for folks who 1. were only rushing the event at 26 days vs 21 days, and had 6 squares to fill in their city vs 9, they were marginally worse off. And those folks ONLY needed culture.
I'd be shocked if the people affected were more than 5 people. Everyone else is up in arms because of poor communication, in a free-to-play game. Mind-boggling.

Oh, I bet there were plenty of folks who realized it was use-it-or-lose-it time and are going to be affected. In my case, I held off on acquisitions in anticipation of hitting Chapter 9, which happened last Friday. Seeing as how I ended up with 7 of them, and made decisions to replace older event buildings based on what the stats on the buildings were in my inventory, I have grounds to be miffed. I've also had about 5 hours of chat being available over the past 2 months and have been more than patient with that.

Eventually each of us is going to stop playing. Maybe real life changes will bring it about. Maybe boredom sets in. Maybe the little frustrations and the apparent lack of anything approximating empathy or concern cross a threshold. But eventually, we're all going to stop playing.

DeletedUser9601

Seeing as how I ended up with 7 of them, and made decisions to replace older event buildings based on what the stats on the buildings were in my inventory, I have grounds to be miffed.
Agreed 100%. My post (and maybe it isn't clear anymore) was about the initial discussions where the building stats were changed before the buildings were live in-game. I agree that its a different story if building stats were changed after people placed them in cities, then deleted better buildings.

DeletedUser12423

There is no point in this thread or any other that starts out with a lie. The lie is that they care about this game. The fellowship adventures are a FAIL and they should never have released it when it didn't work. They tweaked parts of it when the entire second installment was a total fail. Make all the excuses you want for them, but don't even try that overworked garbage.

They released the newer version. And they view our feedback. I'm sorry, you're post is the only one I don't appreciate or like. Not any other one here.

DeletedUser12423

Eventually each of us is going to stop playing. Maybe real life changes will bring it about. Maybe boredom sets in. Maybe the little frustrations and the apparent lack of anything approximating empathy or concern cross a threshold. But eventually, we're all going to stop playing.

All games begin and end. But are we going to end as losers or winners? Good things never last forever, perhaps they shouldn't. They would lose value.

Honestly, this is one of the best "god-games" (building games) that I've ever played. It's well balanced and fun. The Sim City to rule them all lol

qaccy

Let's not forget that there are times when buildings are definitively changed for the better (whereas the Nutcave is more of a significant change rather than a qualified nerf). For example, Eldrasil's Village is being buffed in this very same update. Does that not also qualify as 'changing something after the fact'? How come no alarms are being sounded about this change? It's still 'changing something after the fact', is it not?

The real issue is that people just don't like when things get changed or get made worse. The latter is often done in the interest of game balance, but the former is somewhat understandable when it comes to things like limited-time event prizes. However, these cases are a bit more subjective (maybe there are people who prefer the changed version over the original?) and in a general sense, if the building's no longer desirable to you then you at least just picked them up from the event at no real cost (this event was pretty forgiving to complete regarding the quest tasks) along with all the other prizes you may have obtained. If you're one who claims to have spent diamonds in order to obtain this building, I'd have to ask why this is the prize you went 'all in' on in the first place.