• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Removal of the $19.99 Diamond purchase Option

DeletedUser7421

Really - so defending a completely greedily flawed game design doesn't warrant some sort of negative feedback?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Really - so defending a completely greedily flawed game design doesn't warrant some sort of negative feedback?
non sequeter. I'm not defending "a greedily flawed game design." I'm disagreeing that that is a good description of Elvenar. I get the feeling you're somewhat impatient with the game, which makes you feel like you have to buy diamonds. For those of us who enjoy a steady pace that isn't too fast, Elvenar doesn't require spending anything.

None of that justified attacking anyone.

DeletedUser7421

LOL - I wish I had a better online description of my thoughts!

DeletedUser7370

LOL - I wish I had a better online description of my thoughts!
Please do expound upon your thoughts. Take an hour, write out everything, edit it 10 times. Many of us are happy to listen and communicate. Please join us.

DeletedUser7370

That is full of a bunch of one-liner rants. You are not Hemingway. A paragraph has multiple sentences.

Take the time and put all your thoughts together into paragraphs in one post. Maybe someone will be able to better empathize with your position when you don't state in a series of one-line complaints.

DeletedUser7370

You can't read one line complaints?
I have no problems reading them. I merely find them inadequate to suggest any sort of solution. I like to see things solved. I like to see things built. Complaining without providing even the barest hint of how to build a solution to that complaint is devoid of meaning.

DeletedUser7421

1. profit needs to decline in the short term for any long term increased profit margins to develop.
2. abuse of the first point leads to problems with the 2nd point - which essentially creates game ending problems.

3. Developing a game that requires significant $$ to progress well in means fewer active players.
4. Fewer active players results in diminished game income.
Need I point out #5. - worlds filled with abandoned cities that are too many to even relocate to the edges.

If this game has any hope of keeping a paying base of players, non paying players are key.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
1. profit needs to decline in the short term for any long term increased profit margins to develop.
So what are you suggesting? Cheaper expansions? Free premium buildings? Those things make the game very easy and reduce the challenge in a significant way. Not everyone wants a super easy game.
Have you tried www.elvenarchitect.com?
Here is an example of a dwarf city with all buildings levelled up to max, and zero diamonds spent- everything fits just fine. I whipped this up in 10 minutes, as you can see at the bottom, there's even room for a couple wonders.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/b073b5b57e964f7d8e786c22fab11978/

DeletedUser7421

What bothers me the most is the blatant, not even obscured, money grab this game portrays - once you've spent 19.99 several times, that option is removed and you then have to choose from cheaper options for a lot fewer diamonds -----> or, because you've been sucked into spending 19.99 several times, the money grab increases to a whole heck of a lot higher, with no option for the 19.99 package offer anymore. This is why I say the marketing director should be fired. It's bad game design and worse marketing.

WolfSinger

I'm on us2 and still have the option for $19.99 - even though I've bought that particular option several times. I'll admit I get impatient and do buy diamonds - but it is my choice. The game does tease in such a way to try a get you to buy diamonds - but pressure - I don't see the game holding a gum to anyone's head telling them to buy diamonds.

If you are so impatient or so lacking in self control that you feel you HAVE to spend real money then internet games are probably not a good idea for you.

Deleted User - 1061148

The extreme pressure this game puts on people to buy diamonds - it isn't a lack of perfection - it's greed.
The game doesn't put any pressure on us, we put that pressure on ourselves. There is absolutely nothing about playing the game that requires us to go fast. If you take your time, diamonds are completely unnecessary.
I feel very much for you as a person, that this game seems to put extreme pressure on you.
How is your real Life working out for you, makes me wonder even more

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hey did this get fixed? I have 5 options this sale. Still with the nasty 40% Canadian markup, but I think there was only 4 when these complaints were made, no?

DeletedUser6260

Hey did this get fixed? I have 5 options this sale. Still with the nasty 40% Canadian markup, but I think there was only 4 when these complaints were made, no?
If I flip between the 1 diamond and 3 diamond tabs at the top, I have a total of 8 options running from $4.99 to $199.00