• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Repeatable Quest Renovation

Alistaire

And I still say "I don't care what other players do". I care about what my money gets spent on. I pay for programmers and I want the programmers to focus on things that matter to me, not on things that matter to other people. I can't think of anything interesting that comes from making repeatable quests easier. Easier is not more fun. People think it is but it isn't. Fun comes from discovering things for the first time, and succeeding where we have failed in the past.

So from that you should come to the conclusion of leaving them alone, not "get rid of them for other players". If they don't matter to you, don't wreck it for others. That's like saying "I hate ice cream, so nobody should eat it. Makes you fat." Maybe true for some but people enjoy things in moderation too. And even if it made everyone fat you don't get to decide that for them.

From your sig, being an aggressive snark is fine, just actually be right about what you say. Your posts here are nonsense. Let people enjoy things they find fun.

DeletedUser20951

From your sig, being an aggressive snark is fine, just actually be right about what you say. Your posts here are nonsense. Let people enjoy things they find fun.
They changed their sig for me, and I felt special. : D But, aye, I don't understand the common urge to jump on somebody's thread and beat down their suggestion for little purpose but that. There are a whole slew of ideas I don't like, but I mainly keep it to myself if I have nothing constructive to add.

DeletedUser5676

So from that you should come to the conclusion of leaving them alone, not "get rid of them for other players". If they don't matter to you, don't wreck it for others. That's like saying "I hate ice cream, so nobody should eat it. Makes you fat." Maybe true for some but people enjoy things in moderation too. And even if it made everyone fat you don't get to decide that for them.

This is a forum for discussing ideas. My ideas are no less valid than anyone else's. If this were a thread about making ice cream cheaper and more easily available, then maybe I would share my opinions about ice cream (or even people who wouldn't know a simile if it walked up and introduced itself).

My signature iswas was aimed at the OP specifically, for insinuating that my snark toward his suggestion was passive aggressive. Your lack of understanding of that is at least as close to nonsense as anything I've said.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

My signature is aimed at the OP specifically, for insinuating that my snark toward his suggestion was passive aggressive.
Actually, I made the comment about passive-aggressiveness in a different thread, in response to you vaguely, but obviously, referring to the discussion here without naming names in an insulting manner towards myself.

DeletedUser20951

Found 'em! Couldn't remember which thread, so it took longer than I thought it would.
My flavorite of the day is "Make it so I can do the repeatable quests without having to think about them so I can get thousands of extra tools and coins every time I play without any effort besides collecting them."
And I replied with,
My favorite has gotta be passive-aggressive snark. *nods sagely*

Alistaire

This is a forum for discussing ideas. My ideas are no less valid than anyone else's. If this were a thread about making ice cream cheaper and more easily available, then maybe I would share my opinions about ice cream (or even people who wouldn't know a simile if it walked up and introduced itself).

My signature iswas was aimed at the OP specifically, for insinuating that my snark toward his suggestion was passive aggressive. Your lack of understanding of that is at least as close to nonsense as anything I've said.
But...they're not. "I don't use this thing so nobody should have it" is never even close to a valid suggestion, on this topic or any other. If you have a valid point to make on this topic, make it, cause you haven't made it yet.

And just wow at changing your sig to reference me calling you out for this nonsense. Is there an ignore feature on this forum? You'll easily be the first. (edit: nvm found it...)

DeletedUser5676

But...they're not. "I don't use this thing so nobody should have it" is never even close to a valid suggestion, on this topic or any other.
Too bad I didn't say that. People have been complaining about the repeatable quests since they went live. They're either too hard, or too easy, or their hands get sore having to click to many times. I'm not even one of the first 10 to complain about them. They are fluff. Making them easier won't make the game better. They should be relevant and fulfilling, neither of which they are now. Short-cutting that by saying "They should increase the number of story-line quests and just get rid of the extra fluff." instead of repeating the same old arguments for the 10th time is not nonsense just because some don't agree. The quest system could be much more interesting and relevant. Making the same empty quests easier to do a hundred times instead of 20 is not fun. Too bad your rush to judgement caused you to ignore the point I made long before you claimed I don't have a point.

Is there an ignore feature on this forum? You'll easily be the first. (edit: nvm found it...)

So sad that people would rather bury their heads in the sand risk seeing someone disagree with them. If only it made them better informed.

DeletedUser24059

Yes, cycling the quests is very annoyng. So the devs need really to write some code about that immediately. Because we do these quests every day. I love to do the 'Gain 4 relics' after every tournnament province. So, to do the quest i need to cycle all quests to go to right one. You will say: Why? just skip it. yes i can skip it but as far as there is the opportunity to go to that quest and make it again i do not see the problem to change the way we go to that quest. Yes i like the way fellowship adventures changes. This is a great work. Just implement this to chapter quests. Please. PC version 1st priority, and moblie 2nd priority. Inno says that will hear the members and their opinions. Do that work please. We will be greatfull to you. As a developer i think this is a 4 hours work. So there is no a big effert do be done. Please. Please. Please

DeletedUser20951

Yes, cycling the quests is very annoyng.
So annoying! I still rotate through and complete what I can every three hours, but all the clicking and declining is highly agitating. There is often a lot of advocacy for alternate ways of earning goods, supplies, and coins besides the standard methods of factory, workshop, and residence production, along with neighborly aid, so I don't understand why revamping an outdated system to be more efficient, which would be available to all, would not have a positive impact on the game. GET ON IT, INNO.

DeletedUser20951

Oh hey, heeeey, think I may have just had a less dimmer than usual light bulb moment about the implementation of an FA-style repeatable quest board, one that should mollify the naysayers a bit (although you can never make 'em happy). Have limits on how many and how often you can finish each quest, such as cooldown periods where a specific quest is greyed out until you are allowed to complete it again, while some have a daily cooldown but can be completed multiple times in a row. Simple! Effective! Less prone to be taken advantage of by push accounts!

I really am fond of the concept of adding a weekly or so set of quests to complete for a better reward, too, that's nothing too demanding nor overpowering. Just another optional thingie to take part in, if a body chooses to. Global and nonrandom, as Inno has proven absolutely incapable of providing truly random algorithms, but it's much lower on my list of priorities. Streamlining a process should come first, then you throw in fancier stuff. *levels an unflinchingly judgmental stare at InnoGames and maintains it indefinitely*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24059

Actualy Marindor says they have a plan on how to implement this here on beta two years ago in this last post . So we can only ask some cummunity manager to tell us about when this can happen? And is this change in plans for upcoming month