• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Required Culture for current level & "Father Tree of Candy Canes"

DeletedUser5776

I have a question that I hope you can help out with - does your population drive the "required culture"?

Some background/context... I'm on chapter II, and I currently have a culture bonus of 170%. I had a current culture of 1706 (before neighborly help bonus), with a minimum culture required of 1700.

I got a "Father Tree of Candy Canes" today, and wanted to put it out, since it showed it increased culture and population by +260. Since it took up 3x3, I decided to replace three of my "Purple Blossom Trees", which each were 1x3 and gave +67 culture. I figured it would be a win-win, since I would get more culture per square, and I would also get more population as well.

So, my new culture after the changes was 1706-67-67-67+260, for a new total of 1765.

HOWEVER, it showed my "Required culture for level" was now 1900 instead of 1700, so I was worse off AFTER "improving" than I was before.

The only thing I could think of is the +population ... does population drive how much required culture you need?

I could sell once of my houses, but then I would be reducing my income.

DeletedUser5776

Update is that I did some testing and apparently total population and working population are related somehow to "Required culture", but that the "Required culture" isn't necessarily updated real time ... you have to reload to ensure you get the correct statistics.

I did read https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/required-culture-for-current-level.323, from last year, and apparently this question has come up before with little satisfying answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

turfboss

I found the same to be true - I sold some of my smaller culture outputs and replaced with larger outputs and immediately I thought I had screwed up but it took a little while for it to calculate and it did show up eventually.

DeletedUser2191

Just my opinion, the only culture number you should worry about is available culture. If available culture gets too low or reaches zero or lower, you cannot build or upgrade. Yes having lots of culture to increase your culture bonus is nice, the same can be achieved with a good active fellowship. I would include world map neighbours but this aspect is too unreliable for the most part. Eventually there will be a time where 100% culture is all you aim for and have just enough from build to build, upgrade to upgrade due to the amount of space that is needed.

DeletedUser3507

Um I disagree my available culture is 57, 082 and even with a great FS, like I am in (Platinum Leaf), I only hit 200% for a short period of the day. About 8-10 hrs.

And yes culture is quite necessary to keep up coin supply in Orc chapter, everything cost way more, activation cam cost 150k supplies and over 1000k coins. At a 100% boost I would never finish chapter 8 in what I call a reasonable time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3696

Um I disagree my available culture is 57, 082 and even with a great FS, like I am in (Platinum Leaf), I only hit 200% for a short period of the day. About 8-10 hrs.

And yes culture is quite necessary to keep up coin supply in Orc chapter, everything cost way more, activation cam cost 150k supplies and over 1000k coins. At a 100% boost I would never finish chapter 8 in what I call a reasonable time.
Hmmmm, I've never relied on culture bonus and almost never visit my world neighbours and I am constantly buying goods from the trader to spend my gold.
I realize everyong has their own way of building their city, but gold is one resource that is plentiful in this game.

Impressive culture score to be sure, but I'm of the 100% bonus is just fine and 125% with FS visits is a bonus. As a non-spender I just cannot afford the space for the extra culture. I don't have enough space as it is and am sometimes thankful I only have 2 builders - however, I do sometimes wish for 3 or 4 :p

Less cultural buildings = more room for population, workshops and manufactories. A by product of housing is it offsets some of the loss of culture bonus to gold income. If you run short on supplies due to lack of bonus there are PoP spells and looping quests that can easily net you a bonus 200k supplies a day should you have the patience :p