• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

residence conversions

DeletedUser1108

Does anyone have an idea (in general obviously) how many sorcerer residences vs woodies residences one will need to keep up with population? Obviously the total number of residences will go down in the re-organization, but if someone already has a handle on the conversion expectations, it will save me some time and brainpower. At my age using someone elses' brain saves what little I have left.

DeletedUser1016

I thought it was about a 1/3 less, so for every 2 you upgrade to S&D you can delete one Wood Elf house and maintain the same population - plus gain 40 peeps [that's after you upgrade to levels 24 & 25].

Space wise, since the two [2] new S&D residences take a space of 30 squares [15 each] versus the three [3] that were removed and replaced [2 converted to Wood Elf & 1 just deleted] at 36 squares [12 each] - you can add an extra house for every six [6] you convert. [i.e. 3 spaces saved x 6 conversions + converting 1 more [12 spaces] = 30 available spaces]

In conclusion: [in general...lol] - you can delete 3 wood elf homes, build 6 S&D homes + 1 extra all in the same amount of space.
So DELETE three [3], CONVERT seven [7] all in the same space. [of course orientated differently].

You loose 1200 x 3 peeps for the wood elf homes deleted and convert 7 [7 x 1200], or a total of 12,000 peeps [10 x 1200]; but you gain 7 x 1820 peeps [S&D @ level 25] = 12,740 population.
TOTAL GAIN of 740 extra population in the same space of 10 wood elf homes converted to 7 S&D residences.

Yikes...hope my calculations are right...I wasn't really trying to do a math problem...but it turned out that way....o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1108

I thought it was about a 1/3 less, so for every 2 you upgrade to S&D you can delete one Wood Elf house and maintain the same population - plus gain 40 peeps [that's after you upgrade to levels 24 & 25].

Space wise, since the two [2] new S&D residences take a space of 30 squares [15 each] versus the three [3] that were removed and replaced [2 converted to Wood Elf & 1 just deleted] at 36 squares [12 each] - you can add an extra house for every six [6] you convert. [i.e. 3 spaces saved x 6 conversions + converting 1 more [12 spaces] = 30 available spaces]

In conclusion: [in general...lol] - you can delete 3 wood elf homes, build 6 S&D homes + 1 extra all in the same amount of space.
So DELETE three [3], CONVERT seven [7] all in the same space. [of course orientated differently].

You loose 1200 x 3 peeps for the wood elf homes deleted and convert 7 [7 x 1200], or a total of 12,000 peeps [10 x 1200]; but you gain 7 x 1820 peeps [S&D @ level 25] = 12,740 population.
TOTAL GAIN of 740 extra population in the same space of 10 wood elf homes converted to 7 S&D residences.

Yikes...hope my calculations are right...I wasn't really trying to do a math problem...but it turned out that way....o_O

Nicely done! About what I'd figured too. The trick will be to save and convert every one that you possibly can...hopefully you can put off the main housing reorientation until you've cleared the settlement and have the space to save the maximum number you can fit.

DeletedUser3696

Nicely done! About what I'd figured too. The trick will be to save and convert every one that you possibly can...hopefully you can put off the main housing reorientation until you've cleared the settlement and have the space to save the maximum number you can fit.
That will be tough unless you have a lot of extra space. The residences go from 4x3 to 3x5, which isn't easy when you have 30+ residences. I've sold about 10 residences and still am having issues with space.

DeletedUser1108

That will be tough unless you have a lot of extra space. The residences go from 4x3 to 3x5, which isn't easy when you have 30+ residences. I've sold about 10 residences and still am having issues with space.
I will be walking in with a whole lot of free pop. which I hope will make it possible to wait until the end of the chapter when you get the settlement territory back

Mykan

Oh Wise One
You could wait for the settlement territory or just wait for a spot where you aren't upgrading workshops/main hall/factory/military. Then just delete a few houses to create enough room to rearrange and focus on upgrading the residences. If you are only do residence or culture upgrades you can get away with a negative population.

If you know exactly how many houses you need to delete you could do a mass delete otherwise just do a couple at a time. I found your often only negative while the new buildings upgrade (less than 24hrs) so it is possible to do other upgrades in the middle if needed.

Any extra event pop/culture buildings can be handy as well.

DeletedUser3507

I use 26 Magic 10's with 10k unemployment (3200 pop ea)
Regular lvl 25 gives 1820 So about 40 lvl 25's would be equivalent.

Thistleknot

I am attempting to upgrade the last of my workshops and my main hall to level 25. Once this is done, I will have about 1300 surplus population. I have 38 residencies at the moment and I am hoping to upgrade all of them. Of course this will probably change based on space and actually need. The changes to the Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls gave me a larger population base and has given more wiggle room. Since my current surplus comes from event buildings, I might consider lessening my footprint on those.