• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Resolved

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Is the browser version down? I’ve tried Beta and 5 Live worlds: US: Arendyll, Winyandor, Felyndral, SinyaArda, Ceravyn. All I get is a black screen. Cleared history, restarted and all that. New laptop purchased in April with everything updated.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Mine's working. I'm in Elcy and Khelonaar. I'd suggest submitting a ticket to support from the Forum home screen Quick Links and see if they can help you figure out the issue.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I normally use Chrome. I tried to load the game using Microsoft Edge and Firefox browsers. I get the same results: splash screen, loading up to 28/28, then black screen with the hand pointer.

DeletedUser20539

@Dreamyn2 ~ I recently switched from Firefox to Google Chrome because I was having problems loading the game. That corrected the issue for me. (I'm in Arendyll)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When you said you restarted, did you mean just the browser or you computer?

Also, is your internet having any issues at all? You could be connected, but some issue with your ISP is limiting your connection and preventing all the graphics from loading properly? Is Elvenar the only website not loading fully?

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
When you said you restarted, did you mean just the browser or you computer?

Also, is your internet having any issues at all? You could be connected, but some issue with your ISP is limiting your connection and preventing all the graphics from loading properly? Is Elvenar the only website not loading fully?

Restarted browser, tried again, tried the other browsers, restarted laptop, tried all the browsers again, ran ccleaner and virus scans then restarted laptop. All other websites load and work correctly. Elvenar works correctly on my iPad in all my cities but not on the laptop.

I tried again and it’s only loading to 14/28 on the laptop.

Huor

A corrupted cache seems to be pretty common. Though it can be painful, I wold clear the browser cache. That is the first thing support will most likely direct you to. On a chrome book, running the browser version can cause the entire chrome book to fail. Kinda like the old blue screen of death days.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
A corrupted cache seems to be pretty common. Though it can be painful, I wold clear the browser cache. That is the first thing support will most likely direct you to. On a chrome book, running the browser version can cause the entire chrome book to fail. Kinda like the old blue screen of death days.
I’ve cleared the history in all 3 browsers and tried incognito in all 3. Same results of partial loading and black screen. Curiously, I was able to start a city on the EN server but it went black when trying to add the 2nd workshop.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Dreamyn did something change in terms of security certificates?

Or, oh. Try going into Elvenar from a fresh tab, no link. Don't use bookmarks, but search from scratch.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Dreamyn did something change in terms of security certificates?

Or, oh. Try going into Elvenar from a fresh tab, no link. Don't use bookmarks, but search from scratch.
Yes, tried from fresh tab without bookmarks.
Not sure about security certificates. There were no messages about any being expired.

Huor

Did an extension get installed in your browser that you didn't know about or an update that changed an option? Some virus protection will install browser extensions, even after you have removed them when doing an update. Also, just in case, when you go to clear browsing data, go to advanced and check everything. The only time I've gotten black screens is during combat and the game crashed the browser. This has only happened on a chrome book. Rebooting the chrome book corrects the issue. It seems somehow hardware acceleration got corrupted because when I try to just log back in, that's the message I get.