• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Algorithm

DeletedUser9601

Do we have any insight into the algorithm that decides which runes you can earn? Clearly there is a preference for wonders you've researched, and the further away you are from a wonder, the less likely you are to get a rune for that wonder.

I'm curious because in my alt city, is there any benefit in tech-locking myself for a few weeks so I can maximize my odds of getting Martial Monastery runes during a few tournament runs.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My impression was that on the world map you only get runes for wonders that you have unlocked, and in tournaments it was evenly random (at least for FS rewards) TBH I haven't paid attention in a long time though.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm (mostly*) with Soggy.

As an option, you can guarantee yourself a full ring for any wonder for 1800 diamonds, by forging them at 200 diamonds per rune :)

* I'm not sure if it's runes for wonders you've already unlocked, or that will be available in your current chapter), but from solving provinces you never get runes for anything in higher chapters.

Risen Malchiah

From what I've seen, the runes you get in both the world map and tournament provinces are only for AWs you have already unlocked. However, the runes in the fellowship chests at the end of the tournament can be for ANY wonder, including those you've yet to research. This is why I advise participating every week. In some cases, you may even earn enough runes to immediately place a new wonder that you've just finished researching. :)

I don't know about the Runes obtained from seasonal event boxes.

HJK84

I do think, tech locking is the best option to gain the Runes you want.
I've been doing it since I started playing, and I must say... I've been doing quite well, specially due to my tournament participation, getting to round 6 gets you alot of Runes.

I can add. From what I recall, every Tournament Chest, I have gotten Runes for AW's that I haven't unlocked.
I also realized, might of been coincidence, everyone gets same Runes from Tournament Chests. I only asked AM what Rune(s) he got, and it was same as mine, found that to be odd, only asked once, so ya, it could've been luck.

I'm sure if I kept track of each Chest # and the Rune acquired from it, I would've been able to answer more clearly.
I think there's a code or system to this.

@Risen Malchiah What are Seasonal Event Boxes? Or am I having another brain :eek:

HJK84

The small, medium and large prize boxes we open during the larger seasonal events (winter, easter, summer, herds, etc).

Though runes are no longer part of those prize boxes, so I guess that aspect is irrelevant now unless they're ever included again.

Ah, I thought it might be that, but was confused cause I didn't recall getting a Rune from the 2-3 I've been a part of.
I guess that was before my arrival to Elvenar :)

HJK84

I started to compile Tournament Types and the Chest #
To compare Runes given.

My FS, 1st time ever (since I've joined) got 5 Chests! :cool:
Anyway, we got the following Runes: Sunset Towers, ToHM, ToTT

So;
Magic Dust Tournament
Runes from Chest 5: 1 x Sunset Towers, 1 x ToHM, 1 x ToTT

If any other FS also got Chest 5, can you please check and post what Runes you got? (I'm guessing it's same)
Also for all other people that got higher or lower Chests, can you please post the Runes gotten from them.

Thanks community! :)

Risen Malchiah

I don't believe the runes from the chests are the same for every fellowship. I've played pretty much every week on both of my cities, often with the exact number of chests achieved and it's always been different. The runes really are random in the chests and included runes for AWs I had yet to unlock.

What I don't know is if the runes are based on the highest chapter a player in the fellowship has achieved or if any rune can be achieved regardless. Perhaps someone in a fellowship who doesn't have a player in one of the later chapters can report whether or not they've ever received a rune for one of those chapters.

HJK84

I don't believe the runes from the chests are the same for every fellowship. I've played pretty much every week on both of my cities, often with the exact number of chests achieved and it's always been different. The runes really are random in the chests and included runes for AWs I had yet to unlock.

What I don't know is if the runes are based on the highest chapter a player in the fellowship has achieved or if any rune can be achieved regardless. Perhaps someone in a fellowship who doesn't have a player in one of the later chapters can report whether or not they've ever received a rune for one of those chapters.

Yes, we also had that idea. The Runes available are w/e the highest person in FS has unlocked. It's a guess.

Wont comment on the rest, but we'll see if more people add some input ;)

Deleted User - 1599294

In Sinya Arda, Festal opened 5 chests. We got, Dwarven Bulwark, Watchtower Ruins and Needles of the Tempest. Our highest player is in Woodelves. I am in Orcs and don't overscout provinces but I have Runes for every AW except Sunset Towers

DeletedUser12564

Does overscouting lessen your chances of getting rune shards proportionate to the chapter you're in? I get really bored waiting for the required settlement goods production to advance through the tech tree so I scout and explore. I have probably overscouted, if I'm defining that correctly-I'm in the early tech in Orcs but could open the Woodelves chest right now-but when I finish a province at the outer ring of my explored area I still get really low level shards more often than the ones I'm hoping for.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Does overscouting lessen your chances of getting rune shards proportionate to the chapter you're in? I get really bored waiting for the required settlement goods production to advance through the tech tree so I scout and explore. I have probably overscouted, if I'm defining that correctly-I'm in the early tech in Orcs but could open the Woodelves chest right now-but when I finish a province at the outer ring of my explored area I still get really low level shards more often than the ones I'm hoping for.
No. What it will do is mean you'll ahve a few less of the ones for later wonders. Each time you get a rune shard, it's a random chance from among the runes you can currently use. So over-scouting means a few more runes for the AWs you have access to now, and a few less for those coming up.

DeletedUser12564

Thanks Ashrem, it's good to know I haven't shot myself in the foot quite so badly. Is there anything that improves the chances for more chapter specific runes to drop from provinces? I've researched up to the Blooming Trader and those and Prosperity Towers are the runes I'm trying to get but I still haven't gotten all the runes for even the Watchtower Ruins, and the only reason I got the Mountain Halls was because I was feeding a neighbor's before I had researched it and before the changes to AW rewards went into play. I'm putting in higher amounts of gold, time, goods, orcs, and the like into scouting and catering but I'm getting runes for wonders like Needles rather than wonders closer to where I am in chapter and research.

Thanks again
-Uadjet

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Aside from putting KP into someone else's Wonder, there's not much you can do to get specific runes.

If you do some tournament participation, you can get more rune shards, and also some Broken shards that will let you craft what you want.

If you've finished a ring for a wonder you don't want, and have extra runes for it, you can build the wonder, then when it is finished, tear it down, and you can break more runes to re-fill the ring (getting more broken shards for the ones you do want).

DeletedUser12564

If you've finished a ring for a wonder you don't want, and have extra runes for it, you can build the wonder, then when it is finished, tear it down, and you can break more runes to re-fill the ring (getting more broken shards for the ones you do want).

That's brilliant! Feeling kinda silly about just pouting over those ones instead of coming up with that idea, haha.

I have noticed broken shards from some tourney levels and I've gotten far enough in them to get Monastery and Lighthouse shards, but my fellowship is just my family so we're itty bitty. Since we can't get close enough to each other on the map to help each other the FS works for us, but we don't get to the higher chests.

Thank you so much for your time and suggestions
-Uadjet

Last edited by a moderator:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Aside from putting KP into someone else's Wonder, there's not much you can do to get specific runes.

If you do some tournament participation, you can get more rune shards, and also some Broken shards that will let you craft what you want.

Or
If you have an AW with a lot of extra shards
Level it to 5 ( or 10, 15, etc) and break shards leveling it to 6.
Although this isn't fool proof.
Last time I did this I spent 40 days and nights leveling an AW from 7 to 10 because it had over 40 shards.
When I finally got it to 10 and used the shards to get to 11, it only broke 4 of them. lol
You know, any other time if you wanted to level past a 5, you'd have 20 shards and break 16 of them.
Did I ever mention I hate this game?

Risen Malchiah

Is there anything that improves the chances for more chapter specific runes to drop from provinces?
Not from provinces, but there are 2 ways to get runes for wonders you haven't unlocked yet. One is from the fellowship chests at the end of the tournament each Saturday, but this will be random. The other is from being one of the highest investors in somebody else's AW to award the specific runes you're looking for.

Sometimes I will look at the tournament roster and look at some of their cities. They are bound to be levelling a wonder every couple weeks at the latest. Sometimes you will find a player with the AW you're looking for and it might be half complete. Drop some KP in their AW and check back every day or so to make sure someone else hasn't bumped you off. Sometimes you get lucky and the person hasn't had any investors at all (though that often changes if the owner announces to their fellowship that reward slots are available).
My fellowship is just my family so we're itty bitty. Since we can't get close enough to each other on the map to help each other the FS works for us, but we don't get to the higher chests.
Unless you prefer to play with just your small group, I would suggest looking for a fellowship with decent activity that has enough slots for your entire group. Often a fellowship is doing well but just can't recruit members easily and would probably be excited to see a handful of active players show up at once. :)