• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Algorithm

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Unless you prefer to play with just your small group, I would suggest looking for a fellowship with decent activity that has enough slots for your entire group. Often a fellowship is doing well but just can't recruit members easily and would probably be excited to see a handful of active players show up at once. :)

or just leave yourself open to accepting others into your fs
then you retain control

DeletedUser12564

The other is from being one of the highest investors in somebody else's AW to award the specific runes you're looking for.

Investing like that before I had researched it was how I got a head start on the Mountain Halls. That was back before they changed the rewards when we had a better chance for more than one shard even from low level wonders. I keep my eyes out for the ones I want when I visit neighbors or explore the higher level players lists. It can be hard to stay at the top but it seems to be about the same chance as getting one from a province, haha.

Unless you prefer to play with just your small group, I would suggest looking for a fellowship with decent activity that has enough slots for your entire group. Often a fellowship is doing well but just can't recruit members easily and would probably be excited to see a handful of active players show up at once. :)

Thank you for the suggestion. That's definitely something we've considered. Only two of us are very active though and the less active player might be considered a poor addition to a FS with serious goals. We do discuss the idea of joining a larger group, I just worry that she'd get left behind.

Right now I'm taking Ashrem's suggestion and running with it. I've gotten a full pack of broken runes and almost another one in two rebuilds of the AW I'm sacrificing for it. Like Mucksterme mentioned though, for once I get more placed shards than broken ones.

Thank you all again for being so helpful and having such good ideas.
-Uadjet

Risen Malchiah

Only two of us are very active though and the less active player might be considered a poor addition to a FS with serious goals. We do discuss the idea of joining a larger group, I just worry that she'd get left behind.
Well, yes and no. It depends on the fellowship. Most are actually quite casual.

Now we have the wonderful tools made available at Elvenstats where you can look up any fellowship to see a list of their members (and whether any of them have been absent for a really long time). But perhaps the most useful to you would be a glance at the fellowship's average tournament score. You can click on each week's score to see a breakdown of the players who participated. Pick a fellowship that has a moderate level of activity that suits you but isn't so competitive as to leave your less active player behind.

@mucksterme also has a good suggestion of allowing others to join your fellowship in which case you set the rules and decide on the relaxed nature of the fellowship. The only issue I see with this is that with hundreds of fellowships out there (many of them small groups like yourself), it can be rather challenging to recruit new members.

DeletedUser12564

I just discovered Elvenstats the other day, what a great place. So far I've only used the link to Architect to find space so I can add more mushroom farms. Feels like I'm trying to run through water in the orcs and goblins chapter. There are a lot of neat things there that I'll be checking out. I have only ever looked through the FS list through the game but I'll check it there too. Maybe we can find a fit.

@mucksterme does have a good idea there and I think I kept that option open but being at the low end of rank does have the disadvantage of not being terribly appealing. I think a lot of players are looking for much more seriously driven fellowships.
I was hoping being more casual might appeal to new players, but most of the ones around my piece of the map don't stick with the game. There's a large number of abandoned starter cities around me. Sadly, an increasing number of mid-level and higher ones too. My mom has a good spot with active players already in well ranked FSs, but my daughter has been stuck in a dead zone forever so there's very little chance of recruiting around her.

It's always good to have things to try though. Thank you for the suggestions and the time you guys are taking to help me.

-Uadjet

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
There's a large number of abandoned starter cities around me. Sadly, an increasing number of mid-level and higher ones too. My mom has a good spot with active players already in well ranked FSs, but my daughter has been stuck in a dead zone forever so there's very little chance of recruiting around her.

I would also recommend
If you are going to recruit don't concentrate on cities near to you
Go out in the hinterlands away from you your mom or your daughter
It extends your trading area

DeletedUser12564

I would also recommend
If you are going to recruit don't concentrate on cities near to you
Go out in the hinterlands away from you your mom or your daughter
It extends your trading area

Thank you, that is another great suggestion. We could definitely use some variety in our boosted goods. I looked at the FS and found that open joining was not ticked so I adjusted that and will start looking outside the known world to see what I can find.

You guys are great. Thanks so much!
-Uadjet

HJK84

Latest Tournaments we got 4 Chests. (I fell asleep 14 hours... missed rnd 6 :p)

World: Felyndral
Runes: Enar's Embassy

Any others also got 4 Chests? Preferably from same World, or not.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
When you say "four", do you mean you finished four, or you opened the fourth but didn't finish it? Because my four-chest fellowship on Felyndral got two runes:
Endless Excavation
Dragon Abby.

My eight chest group got six:
Enar's Embassy x 2
Elvenar Trade Center
Tome of Secrets
Needles of the tempest
Mountain Halls

HJK84

When you say "four", do you mean you finished four, or you opened the fourth but didn't finish it? Because my four-chest fellowship on Felyndral got two runes:
Endless Excavation
Dragon Abby.

My eight chest group got six:
Enar's Embassy x 2
Elvenar Trade Center
Tome of Secrets
Needles of the tempest
Mountain Halls

I meant, we opened 4 Chest :)

So, with that said, conclusion is all tournament chests differ.
Shucks, I really thought there was a system to it all, oh well case close! :cool:

DeletedUser3507

In the last tourney I drastically increased my gem relics went from 23 to over 1000, but that's because I need them for my T6 boost. used 40 so far. There my primary purple spell relics.
Screenshot_29.png
Shards are fickle like life. Fierce Kittens did a 10th chest tourney, first one..:D:D:p:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I meant, we opened 4 Chest :)

So, with that said, conclusion is all tournament chests differ.
Shucks, I really thought there was a system to it all, oh well case close! :cool:
Strange that we would get an extra rune vs your group. I thought the contents of the chests were fixed. I think there is a system. Your runes are selected at random from what all members can use.

In the last tourney I drastically increased my gem runes went from 23 to over 1000, but that's because I need them for my T6 boost. used 40 so far. Ther my primary purple spell runes. "Runes in stock" Shards are fickle like life. Fierce Kittens did a 10th chest tourney, first one..:D:D:p:D:D
You seem to be mixing runes and relics here.

HJK84

Strange that we would get an extra rune vs your group. I thought the contents of the chests were fixed. I think there is a system. Your runes are selected at random from what all members can use.

I might be sleep deprived, but where do you see ya'll got 1 extra Rune, if we both opened 4 Chests?

In Sinya Arda, Festal opened 5 chests. We got, Dwarven Bulwark, Watchtower Ruins and Needles of the Tempest. Our highest player is in Woodelves. I am in Orcs and don't overscout provinces but I have Runes for every AW except Sunset Towers

This above info (which I've already quoted before), tells me that it truly doesn't matter if you have a player in last chapter or not. Even if all players are chapter 1, they have a chance of getting chapter 12 runes.

@jps54 Not sure what to say about his post, lol
I could post another TooT pic? But... I'm quite sure I'll get to that amount of Relics sooner than later, if I continue the way I am :eek:

DeletedUser3507

Too bad we can't have multiple AW's of the same type...that would make it interesting
@HJK84 all you have do is a 7.5k tourney, boy was it costly though.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This above info (which I've already quoted before), tells me that it truly doesn't matter if you have a player in last chapter or not. Even if all players are chapter 1, they have a chance of getting chapter 12 runes.
I don't see how you are concluding that. Alainemk's post doesn't say they got high chapter runes from the tournament, only that they have some. I have some too, which I got from contributing KP to a neighbor's AW.

DeletedUser3507

When I was playing on beta, I commonly got runes for the end chapters...

Risen Malchiah

This discussion makes me curious. What does a new player get from tournament provinces that award runes if they have yet to unlock any wonders?

I just started a new city last week and did 1k in the tournament, but I was so quick to close the confirmation windows, I didn't even think to see what runes I got, if any. I know I received runes from the chests, but I can't see what I have until after the AWs are unlocked.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
About half way down this Gamer Gems of Knowledge page is a set of runes, over which you can hover the mosue to see what they are for, to compare to the ones in your collection. Tthe spot looks a bit like this:

upload_2018-5-6_17-11-50.png

(the words "flying academy" appear because before I started the screen cap, my mouse was hovering over the icon that looks like an inverted brown maple leaf with a gold question mark in it.