• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Awareness and Video Resource

With Long term players and Techology moving faster, What is answer to ease of play?

• Leave as is and let software dictate our clients ability to play as computer memory becomes limited.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Find ways to reduce memory required as the game advances to the higher levels. Even at cost of anima

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1485

I have been playing since 2011, and only just now learning.
As is - diversity is a key to players diverse learning challenges-uniqueness, so diversity is the answer for player satisfaction.
When other members find videos to watch and learn, its a pain to manually enter addresses and probably why players don't access videos as much- no copy paste in game message (long term archiving)or chat modes.

The Forging of Runes for other Wonders- lack of awareness- when transferring Runes.
Can be handled with a simple extra Button link- option to Forge a rune or Forge a different Wonder- the button link can just take them back to the main wonder page that lets then choose which wonder to enter.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'm not having a lot of luck parsing the connection between video issues and wonders.

As far as copy and paste, both are possible, though copying is convoluted.:
1) Click on the message you wish to copy
2) Right click on the same message and pick "settings" from the Flash popup
3) close the flash popup window [the message will now be highlighted/inverted
4) [ctrl-c] will copy the message

Paste works as normal.

DeletedUser2870

Though it is true it can be done that way its ridiculous one has to take a roundabout way like that.
Copy/paste should be a normal function in any present-day game

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Copy/paste should be a normal function in any present-day game
Challenge: Why?

Aside: People tend to ignore how much of what has to happen in game programming is devoted to creating unique code to prevent cheating/hacking. Every hook to the basic operating system is a potential vector for manipulation by the end user, with potentially catastrophic consequences for the success of the game. When there is good reason for locking down software, what is the enormity of the fact that nobody has gotten around to writing copy and paste code yet?

Last edited:

DeletedUser2963

I don't have a problem with the lack of active link pasting in game, here is why:

Most websites use JavaScript, Flash or ActiveX components to display page elements, read form input, launch pop-up windows or perform other actions. These packages have the ability to do most of the things a native executable program can do - write files to your drive, download content from other locations, and so on.

Even though computer operating systems place limits on what programs can do without specific user intervention and where they can write data, there are always holes in this security. Vendors provide updated versions to secure these vulnerabilities, but users often fail to run updates...

The above is true regardless of which operating system you're using.

Many holes don't get patched before malware writers exploit them, so websites are an ideal way to expose thousands or millions of potentially vulnerable computers to infection. This malware distribution model is so effective that popular legitimate sites and advertising distributors have been repeatedly hacked to insert malicious code.

If your browser doesn't have the correct limits on what scripts and plug-ins can do, and your operating system is vulnerable, a website with malicious code can initiate a malware download and installation onto your computer without any other intervention. When you click on a link your browser attempts to load that site and runs any scripts specified in its code just as if you had entered the URL in an open browser window. (credit
Patience Limited, bleepingcomputer)

Manually typing these links in does not eliminate the threat but the lack of an active link does reduce the number of players who will follow the link. Its a very passive-aggressive security measure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1485

I'm not having a lot of luck parsing the connection between video issues and wonders.

As far as copy and paste, both are possible, though copying is convoluted.:
1) Click on the message you wish to copy
2) Right click on the same message and pick "settings" from the Flash popup
3) close the flash popup window [the message will now be highlighted/inverted
4) [ctrl-c] will copy the message

Paste works as normal.
At first- it would not highlight after closing, after leaving and coming back later, it finally did.
However- after highlighting, nothing takes... if I go to compose and try to paste it never copied. I try to right click while highlighted no new options. So how does it copy once highlighted? to go to compose I have to leave page.... Ahh wait cntrl-c, ok Ill try again...Is this not suppose to be user friendly? Is communication not the key to a good fellowship? Is stewardship to the players key to a good leader? Is Company enabling its volunteers not good business?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A.Is this not suppose to be user friendly? Is communication not the key to a good fellowship? Is stewardship to the players key to a good leader?
Inno has not yet provided code for copy and paste in many areas. The method I list is a built in function of Flash, nothing to do with the game programmers. I think it's actually more of an unintended effect, than something the Flash creators actually intended.