• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Recyler!!!! PLEASE

DeletedUser3040

Atm, Thrones is the wonder I'm wanting to build and I just don't get shards for either of those forgotten wonders. I'm typically fine with receiving shards for the ones I've built because I will need to fill their rune slots a couple more times at some point. But when I have 50+ shards for a lvl 6 Monastery or Sanctuary, there's nothing I can do. I'm not selling it off to break all of them. I'd have to level it again.

Initially, I did the tournaments for the extra runes. Since I only seemed to receive ones I didn't want, I started caring more about the extra kp, and stop fighting when the relics round begins to focus my armies on clearing provinces again.

DeletedUser3312

There is absolutely nothing random about receiving more than 1/n (n being number of AWs you are eligible for) each time you complete a province.

Actually there is. Statistics shows that you can get the same outcome time after time. why? because the odds of each test are based on the same factors. no factors were eliminated so.... the same factor can show up again. And to be honest that is a fair way of doing things. (IMO) I see untold glitches in eliminating a factor after it produced. Now, after you have collected all the runes for that AW and placed it, then I can see those runes being removed from the pool. However you will need them in level 6 and 9 again I believe so... do you want them now, or try to get them down the road when you need them to upgrade?

DeletedUser3297

Down the road is great with me. Looks like it may take several years to get to level 6. I have better things to spend my kp on. Oh and in another one of my worlds, I have completed the circle for both the tomb and the abyss and have another 19 runes for each one of those that will never get used, but that's enough to do the rune circle twice more. I should stop getting those now. Still no other rune circles for any other wonders complete

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Unless you are much luckier than I am, 19 runes wouldn't be enough. I've used 10 just trying to fill one of 2 spots, and failed on all 10.
This thread did make me get off my lazy bum and clear some provinces, here are the results:
ToS
EE
ToS
ToS
Needle
MM
ToS
MM
Needle
MM

DeletedUser3312

So what you all think should be done to fix the rune problem.

DeletedUser3297

Those tomb of secrets rune shards, nobody wants you. Looks like you have a 40% chance of getting the tos ones Soggy Shorts.

The simplest solution I see is to have your runes shatter into shard on wonders that are built or rune circles that are full. When you come to the point of unlocking the next rune circle to upgrade your wonder to higher levels, then your runes give just as much chance as they do now of going on the circle.

The thing about the wonders is, this is something that I am not going to pay for to get, no matter how impossible they make it. I don't mind buying premium cultural buildings, I have those in all my cities. But the wonders are supposed to be earned in game through completing provinces and collecting runes. It shouldn't be so impossible that the only way to get one is to buy it.

They need to either fix the broken system so we can actually earn something in game like the way it was designed. Or wonders should just be turned into another premium building, because that's what they basically are anyway. You would have to be extremely lucky or have played this game for many years to have several wonders...

DeletedUser3312

The simplest solution I see is to have your runes shatter into shard on wonders that are built or rune circles that are full. When you come to the point of unlocking the next rune circle to upgrade your wonder to higher levels, then your runes give just as much chance as they do now of going on the circle.

A great idea! I agree that the shards should go into any available slot and when the slot is full, you get a usable rune for that AW. You have a choice of which AW the shard goes to. A shard is a shard. So it should be able to go anywhere!

SoggyShorts

Update:
ToS 5
EE 4
needle 3
MM 8
GA 3
LH 1
Now the ToS is down to 20% with MM(the next one I want) at a nice 33%

SoggyShorts

The simplest solution I see is to have your runes shatter into shard on wonders that are built or rune circles that are full.
Exactly this. 10 runes that you don't want for one rune with 100% success rate. Many of us are currently doing this the hard way already by building the ToS, nuking it, and filling it up again. The fact that you are always hoping to fail when inserting a rune into the ToS is ridiculous though....

DeletedUser3312

Exactly this. 10 runes that you don't want for one rune with 100% success rate

For sure. expecting to fail is not indicative of fun in a game. It's how I feel when battling. I can't win. there is no way. the opponent paladin cuts down my paladin in 2 strokes. I know I am not going to win and I hate battles. expecting to fail cause great player dissatisfaction. the same with runes. you don't even expect to get what you need.

DeletedUser4112

Hi, I totally agree that there should be a rune recycler.

I have 3 suggestion:

i) A Rune Trader House, whichs built at certain level and allows for trading of runes.

ii) A Rune Forger Unit, which is acquired at certain level and will randomly forge a new rune when certain amount of a type of rune is given.

iii) An Ancient Wonder Genie, a new race who comes from the Portal and will randomly steal an Ancient Wonder and/or reward a new Wonder.

Good luck.

DeletedUser61

The concept that I prefer is to allow unwanted Runes Shards to be contributed to ANY Ancient Wonder, in lieu of 10 Knowledge Points.

This would not only provide a straightforward use for unwanted Rune Shards, you could thereby obtain the Rune Shards that you DO want simply by being one of the top few contributors for that level.

This would do a LOT to liven up the Reverse Chicken game that makes Ancient Wonders a lot more interesting.

And of course we still need a History Tab and a Global List that can be filtered.

DeletedUser4112

Hi Kat, it's a good concept but abit predictable, because one can choose the type of Rune he wants and make the donation.

My 3 suggestions tie up altogether as describe below:
i) The Rune Trading House lets the players to trade their runes like the goods trader we have now, which means you can determine your own lots of runes you want to trade for the number of runes you want. Example : 10 Tome of Secret Runes => 2 Needles of Temple Runes. The other player is also able to determine what his Runes can obtain in trade. And since the Wonders also have different levels like the Tiers in good production, the Rune Trading House can also shows the Star Ratings for Rune Trades.

ii) The Rune Forger Unit, is available at higher level upon Research, so the Higher Players can use the Trading House to trade for more units of lower level runes to be inserted into the Rune Forger Unit, to exchange for a randomly forged new rune. This demands some kind of computations on what types of runes and the number of runes inserted to give what kind of surprise outcome, which makes the game more interesting and unpredictable, but assure a reward!

iii) The Ancient Wonder Genie, who is able to steal an Ancient Wonder and give or replace a new Ancient Wonder like the orcs, globins or Fairies, he is one of the special race available upon Research. This gives a surprise reward for the Higher level Player who makes it there to complete the Research, not forgetting that even if we obtain the Rune for an Ancient Wonder, it may get shatter into shards, and it takes a very long time to get the Rune types for a particular AWs. And if the Genie is accepted as a special race, he can be accepted as part of the Army Unit, like the Fairies, with an ability to turn the opponents into the Players army or cast a spell on 1 army and up his Hitpoints or Damage Powers. Or the Genie can be called upon using Diamonds to help in the Battle. :)

DeletedUser3024

Hi Kat, it's a good concept but abit predictable, because one can choose the type of Rune he wants and make the donation.

My 3 suggestions tie up altogether as describe below:
i) The Rune Trading House lets the players to trade their runes like the goods trader we have now, which means you can determine your own lots of runes you want to trade for the number of runes you want. Example : 10 Tome of Secret Runes => 2 Needles of Temple Runes. The other player is also able to determine what his Runes can obtain in trade. And since the Wonders also have different levels like the Tiers in good production, the Rune Trading House can also shows the Star Ratings for Rune Trades.

ii) The Rune Forger Unit, is available at higher level upon Research, so the Higher Players can use the Trading House to trade for more units of lower level runes to be inserted into the Rune Forger Unit, to exchange for a randomly forged new rune. This demands some kind of computations on what types of runes and the number of runes inserted to give what kind of surprise outcome, which makes the game more interesting and unpredictable, but assure a reward!

iii) The Ancient Wonder Genie, who is able to steal an Ancient Wonder and give or replace a new Ancient Wonder like the orcs, globins or Fairies, he is one of the special race available upon Research. This gives a surprise reward for the Higher level Player who makes it there to complete the Research, not forgetting that even if we obtain the Rune for an Ancient Wonder, it may get shatter into shards, and it takes a very long time to get the Rune types for a particular AWs. And if the Genie is accepted as a special race, he can be accepted as part of the Army Unit, like the Fairies, with an ability to turn the opponents into the Players army or cast a spell on 1 army and up his Hitpoints or Damage Powers. Or the Genie can be called upon using Diamonds to help in the Battle. :)

I definitely like your ideas. I have 100 runes that are currently useless to me. It would be nice to be able to get some usab;le runes for these uselewss pieces of **** that I'm continuing to get.

DeletedUser4112

Thanks Nighthawk1 for supporting my ideas, well, we all hope to see more improvements in games so that all players really enjoy themselves here! Cheers! ;)