• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Shard Losses

Ember Candy Mint

I would like to mention that in mobile, if I do not have any AW in rune phase or “unlocked”, i have no way of knowing how many I have as there is no place showing that value. During tournaments, I have had it happen numerous times that I receive 0 rune shards due to a full count, whatever that is?! So in regards to this idea, (which I support) an addition to forging the current rune shards or increasing number in storage, could you please get developers to include a place to see what I already have? thank you!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I got to the TSY Rune Phase on November 11th. I put in my 3 runes and used the rune bar to do the 4th. Since then I've picked up another. I have no Ferris Wheels or other rune shard producing buildings. Since I'm getting about 25 rune shards, (if I remember to stop in the middle of my tournament run when the rune shard bar fills up), I'll pick up 2 more for the 6th and 7th. I should then have about 5 more and in a day or two, enough for the 8th. The 9th will probably be a few days later. Not a week, but surprisingly, if I pay attention and stop to forge a rune when my shard bar is filled during my next tournament run (number 6), I'll get there in under two weeks. Not a week maybe and it would be nice if you could store more without having to stop and empty the bar in the middle of the tournament, but not as bad as I imagined in this real world example.

Of course this is doing 25x6 tournament run. If I did less it could take weeks, forcing me to have the rune shard producing buildings (with the loss of space that incurs) or to be more patient. In any case, I'm not sure it's worth it to use the space for those buildings since it's pretty rare (as has been noted) that you get to a rune phase with so few runes for that AW. But it, obviously, does happen.

AJ

Deleted User - 3932582

Of course this is doing 25x6 tournament run. If I did less it could take weeks, forcing me to have the rune shard producing buildings (with the loss of space that incurs) or to be more patient.
Or you could, you know, farm for broken shards using probably hundreds of runes that you have for AWs you haven't built. Unless, of course, you've built ALL of them.

ajqtrz

How does that work? All the rings on all the AW's I haven't built (4 of them, I think) are filled.

AJ

Aritra

How does that work? All the rings on all the AW's I haven't built (4 of them, I think) are filled.
AJ
Place the AW that you don't want and has its ring completed. After construction finishes, sell it. Then fill again from waiting runes (and others acquired). If a rune duplicates, then instead of going in the slot, it breaks and goes to your broken shard bar. You'd need a plot of land and placement resources to invest to access more broken shards so you can forge the rune you want. Its a bit crude, I think, and potentially costly, but it does provide broken shards for forging (cost v. reward is up to player depending on goal and resources).

ajqtrz

If you build the AW and then tear it down, can you rebuild it later? I have one I don't want that has hundreds of runs and would be perfect for this project.

AJ

Iyapo1

If you build the AW and then tear it down, can you rebuild it later? I have one I don't want that has hundreds of runs and would be perfect for this project.

AJ
Yes, over and over again.

When the rune wheel fills. Build it. You have to let the construction complete. Once it is done, sell it. It pops right back up in the wonders tab with an empty rune wheel.

If you dont let the construction finish the rune wheel does not empty.

Iyapo1

I have built the Tome of Secrets twice. And when my GA hits its next rune phase, I will probably build it again.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

AJ
Sorry, I just assumed this was something you knew when I posted the following:
Open up the Thrones, Enar's or any other crappy wonder and smash some runes on it for an easy 100+ Broken rune shards
For me, since I will never place the Thrones, Enar's, WT, BTG, CLH, LGN, Maze, or ST I can easily get away with even fewer needed by rune smashing.
As @Aritra says, it's crude, but effective. Especially once you outgrow the ToS since you'll always have room to temp a 4x4 buildings and probably have 100+ runes for it by then.

It's totally reasonable to use a full bar on ring 5,6,7,8,9 by starting with a full bar, 2 from the tournament, and 2 from smashing.
At least a couple of times per year when you unlock new wonders. That means just filling 1-4 naturally which should be cake.