• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

S3 Goods Imbalanced - Bots needed

Erivan

There is a gross imbalance for S3 Goods right now on my server. It will take time for new players to catch up and heal the hurt caused by the Moonstones.

I proposed allowing some high-level players switch boosts to remedy the imbalance in less than the year or two it will take steel players otherwise growing their cities.

If not that, then creating some trade bots to produce and balance the broken economy would help. There's a huge list of trades for S3 Goods, but all need Bismuth.

There's grumbling in my FS, in the game, and like with the Moonstones, I hope you hear it before this collapses. Also, even if most high-level players aren't buying diamonds, they create the support and structure for newer players who are spending money..

Cheers

SkandalousP

Agree that this is needed. I'm seeing chatter by the higher level players and they are getting fed up. I have spent money on the game and look forward to moving forward in it. It's a little disconcerting to see the top players so unhappy.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm benefiting from steel, myself. I have 15 lvl 31 steel mfrs in operation and am putting out 1/2 million steel a day. (480,030, to be exact). I don't plan to sell the steel at a premium because I don't need to. But if a steel producer were to do that, more power to him/her. I put in more steel exactly because I noticed more 3 star requests for steel. That's just the market forces responding to the needs.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There is a gross imbalance for S3 Goods right now on my server. It will take time for new players to catch up and heal the hurt caused by the Moonstones.

I proposed allowing some high-level players switch boosts to remedy the imbalance in less than the year or two it will take steel players otherwise growing their cities.

If not that, then creating some trade bots to produce and balance the broken economy would help. There's a huge list of trades for S3 Goods, but all need Bismuth.

There's grumbling in my FS, in the game, and like with the Moonstones, I hope you hear it before this collapses. Also, even if most high-level players aren't buying diamonds, they create the support and structure for newer players who are spending money..

Cheers
Wait, are you saying your server is short of Bismuth? What server are you on? I am S3 boosted in Bismuth in Arendyll and it is the least desired S3 good. It is not as bad now as when the Moonstone set gave everyone free Bismuth daily. Back then I had to post nothing but 3 star Bismuth trades. But even now my 2 star Bismuth trades in Arendyll sit longer than my S3 trades in Khelonaar (Shrooms) or Winy (Soap).

Also, what does steel have to do with it? In order to be boosted in Bismuth, your T3 standard boosted good will be Magic Dust. My Arendyll city which makes Bismuth is planks/silk/dust boosted.

Iyapo1

Wait, are you saying your server is short of Bismuth?
I would bet money it is Harander. It seems to gets hit harder by imbalances. It is suffering from steel and scroll shortages too.

Mostly because players undermined the value of scroll trades and too many scroll/steel boosted players quit. Same thing with bismuth. They couldn't trade for a sustainable rate and many of them quit.

Last edited:

Erivan

Wait, are you saying your server is short of Bismuth? What server are you on? I am S3 boosted in Bismuth in Arendyll and it is the least desired S3 good. It is not as bad now as when the Moonstone set gave everyone free Bismuth daily. Back then I had to post nothing but 3 star Bismuth trades. But even now my 2 star Bismuth trades in Arendyll sit longer than my S3 trades in Khelonaar (Shrooms) or Winy (Soap).

Also, what does steel have to do with it? In order to be boosted in Bismuth, your T3 standard boosted good will be Magic Dust. My Arendyll city which makes Bismuth is planks/silk/dust boosted.
Harandar.
Dust = Bismuth, Dust is a boost of Steel/Scrolls/Dust combo.
Many of these players quit because the moonstone library's devalued Scrolls and Dust.
Reverberations of this are still echoing through the game now. You cannot find a Steel trade posted, nor Scrolls nor Dust.
This deficiency carries into sentient goods.

Just offering and calling it how I see it. Inno should be able to see activity, trades, active boost combos, etc... I would think and hope at least.

I'm about to the point I don't care anymore anyway if I'm being totally honest.

Erivan

I would bet money it is Harander. It seems to gets hit harder by imbalances. It is suffering from steel and scroll shortages to.

Mostly because players undermined the value of scroll trades and too many scroll/steel boosted players quit. Same thing with bismuth. They couldn't trade for a sustainable rate and many of them quit.
This is exactly the case. But the issue should be seen before people give up and quit. That's where we are now, and the pieces have to be put back together, or then entire thing will fall apart.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This is exactly the case. But the issue should be seen before people give up and quit. That's where we are now, and the pieces have to be put back together, or then entire thing will fall apart.
I do not think it is the player's fault. There were complaints about the Moonstone Set going on when I first started playing and first joined the forums in Feb 2020. And some of those posts were already months old THEN. It took nearly another year and a half for the game developers to take player complaints seriously and change the Moonstone set. For that matter, I have heard that the initial Beta feedback about the Moonstone Set was that it would be a potential problem. The Devs ignored this and introduced it as is.

Deianeira

I will second that Harandar is seriously hurting for certain goods. 90% of the trade requests, at least in my neighborhood are requests for Scrolls. I just moved to the Elemental chapter (just unlocked my boosted one) and most of my reserves got suddenly depleted. Even for my boosted goods, it seems I can't keep up with production as I used to. I realize that the game changes as we advance, and I need to re-adjust my strategy, but I am getting seriously concerned and disheartened reading about my teammates' struggles to go through the game at the more advanced levels. We have members with scores 600K+ seriously considering to quit. I will agree that the Devs need to re-evaluate things, and come up with a solution that will restore balance.

Erivan

I just went through Harandar's trader. There's literally no S3 trades of Shrooms or Bismuth, and at least 200+ trades offering Soap. It might even be 300+ trades posted offering Soap..

Katarax

I will second that Harandar is seriously hurting for certain goods. 90% of the trade requests, at least in my neighborhood are requests for Scrolls. I just moved to the Elemental chapter…
I am in the exact same boat. Just moved into the Elementals chapter on Harandar and am going to need a large supply of scrolls to upgrade residences and because the trader is completely overrun with everyone else demanding them, it’s going to be a tough go. After everyone was moved a few weeks back I ended up in a much more active neighborhood, which was welcomed, but it’s surprising that with all the activity there’s almost no scroll-boosted players around. I’m having a hard time getting my hands on moonstone as well, but I’ve already resigned myself to depending on the wholesaler at this point.

I know the game is designed a certain way so that players with the same boosts aren’t all grouped together, but it appears Harandar just either doesn’t enough players to equally spread the boosts around or most of them are just inactive and taking up the space of what could be an active player.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
@Erivan looking at your fs then you have 6 players in chapter 14+ and only one with dust/bismuth boost. But you have 1 player in chapter 13, 3 in chapter 12 and 2 in chapter 11 and all 6 are are boosted in dust/bismuth, so as they grow I guess you should be able to produce a lot more bismuth in your fs?

But apart from that then I also find that H world is hit harder by the library changes. I am guessing it is cause it is younger and there are less huge cities with millions of goods in storage. Part of it may be cause more with the bad boosts have left the game, but it may also partly be because those who have the previously bad boosts had started producing less of these and more of other goods and then cross tier traded to survive. I am steel/scrolls/dust boosted in H and I had cut down on my scrolls and dust production and added extra steel factories since it was easier for me to cross tier trade offering steel to buy T2 and T3 goods than offering scrolls and dust. So now I have worked hard on upgrading scrolls and dust factories, since they are now needed.

hvariidh gwendrot

i'm anti bot in general they have a real track record of messing things up .. gotta go with the idea of developing your fellowships on harandar ( it's newest but not that new anymore ) so you have trading partners in house ..

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you look on the sentient trader in Sinya, it's nearly impossible to find anyone who wants moonstone, obsidian or bismuth (all three of which are my boosts, of course.) If I offered any of those at 2 stars, they would sit for days, so all of them must be three stars. On the rare occasions when I see a trade asking for those things, I jump like crazy and inevitably get the "another player has taken this trade" message. They're like lightning on Sinya when it comes to that. :(

What I wouldn't give to be boosted in platinum and shrooms ... sigh. There's got to be something done. It's ridiculous and disheartening.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In my cities, when I want a sentient good that is in such a big demand that no trades ever seem to stay in the Trader long enough for me to even see them, I just post my own trades. I make them with a 5 to 10% benefit, such as offering 11000 for 10000, to the person taking them and they are never up for more than a few hours. If you make enough of your boosted goods, this is no big deal. And if you don't, then you need to build another factory or two for the sentient goods you produce.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
In my cities, when I want a sentient good that is in such a big demand that no trades ever seem to stay in the Trader long enough for me to even see them, I just post my own trades. I make them with a 5 to 10% benefit, such as offering 11000 for 10000, to the person taking them and they are never up for more than a few hours. If you make enough of your boosted goods, this is no big deal. And if you don't, then you need to build another factory or two for the sentient goods you produce.
Yeah, 3 star trades move, even when there is a glut. I just wish more people realized that since you're getting so much more from your boosts, it's still better to trade at 5-10 percent off than it is to try to produce the nonboosted sentients yourself. I have a friend who can't wrap her head around that. They seem to rather make nonboost sentients than to sell boosts at 3 stars. It's like trading with the wholesaler because no one will take your 2 star trades. What the heck are people thinking?

Erivan

There's currently posts for a 20% premium in Harandar asking for Bismuth..

A major function of this game is economy based with trading boosted goods at the center of this. People have already quit to help create this imbalance due to the economic balance not being "fair". This is now continuing to play out with the shortage of sentient goods.

This is causing others, and myself to want to quit (which is what I would consider the collapse of the game or at least the server).

Old players support new players, and we're all interconnected. What's bad for one, ends up being bad for all (kinda like RL).

Iyapo1

Yeah, 3 star trades move, even when there is a glut. I just wish more people realized that since you're getting so much more from your boosts, it's still better to trade at 5-10 percent off than it is to try to produce the nonboosted sentients yourself.
This is true. But it is equally true that when everyone offers 10% off, the desperate and the impatient tag on another 5% to 10%. If the economy is imbalanced(as it was for scrolls) the increases snowball. I often saw nothing but pages of offers to trade scrolls at 1.5 or even 2 to 1. It just gets worse and worse, trading at a discount can be just as devastating to the game as trading for profit. It is a matter of degree.

Too many players quit over the scroll issue on Harander. The economy is shot. It will recover but that takes time.

Erivan

Yeah, 3 star trades move, even when there is a glut. I just wish more people realized that since you're getting so much more from your boosts, it's still better to trade at 5-10 percent off than it is to try to produce the nonboosted sentients yourself. I have a friend who can't wrap her head around that. They seem to rather make nonboost sentients than to sell boosts at 3 stars. It's like trading with the wholesaler because no one will take your 2 star trades. What the heck are people thinking?

With all due respect Darielle,

There's as much as a 20% premium being placed on some S3 trades, and there's literally 100s of trades to choose from.

I don't understand why it should be acceptable that some players must eat a 5-10% penalty that the rest of the players do not have to incur? This "penalty" of devaluing boosted goods in a simple economy is by in large what caused players to quit and create this issue in the first place.

I'm just asking for the game to identify and remedy this imbalance, before it does further damage. The game has already lost many of it's seasoned steel players. It takes over a year for those new players to get high enough in level to help balance this naturally, and I don't really want to suffer and wait that long for others to catch up..

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Erivan You do not say which goods are being offered in those trades asking for bismuth, but I doubt it is all of the other eight sentient goods. the Beta server has similar problems, that may even be worse, because it has a smaller population than Harandar. There have been plenty of times there that I have offered my tier 1 and 2 sentient goods for the tier 3 that I need. Or if people only seem to want the sentients that are not my boosts, I will trade my boosted goods for the non-boosted good I do not need, and then trade that good for the other non-boosted that I do need. People need to think outside the box.