• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

scarce pet food

Black watch

Yeah, it's that time again.
I'm down to 2 pet food and having to cater my tourney to save the last for my brown bear. I'm still healing from the last tourney so things are tight and getting tighter.
I've been good about having my MA free on the turnovers so all the available spaces could be filled with new items (with a few exceptions)
It's really silly and frankly, kind of irritating me A LOT.
I know a few people get pet food fairly often and complain, I'm not sure why... I have 3 hungry pets going on 4 soon enough (and no, not adding Coldfire) and use the food often when I have the opportunity. I'd use it more if I could. I'm in chapter 13 and tourney and fight a lot.
Instead of food, I get a lot of low value small culture items and coin rains etc. like the screen shot below. Rarely to I get good time boosts, fighting boosts like MMM or ELR and pet food. I've also seen my phoenix artifact switch/change option now that I can craft my last needed old artifacts. (Funny that... as soon as I actually got the new cold fire artifacts, the availabliity of the change over in the MA diminished).
I don't like complaining, but really... I've said it for months now with only one small stretch that gave me enough to reach 7 foods... then only to plummet back down.
It's gotten to be an endless run of crafting things I don't want to get to the end in hope of getting a set of time boosts and trying to be patient for the food.
Enough is enough...

Can you please just fix the Magic Academy to have a drop down menu that has all the stuff YOU want to put in it there, So WE can choose to craft the things we WANT and NEED.
You'll get far less complaining and a lot more happy people that way.

PLEASE CHANGE THIS RIGHT AWAY. I'm starting to wake up at night to check my MA for food, for Pete's sake.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 12.59.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 12.59.15 AM.png
    400.6 KB · Views: 119

Black watch

My favorite part of your rant;

I know, huh...
Truth is, I really don't LIKE to complain... but after seeing the same old thing time after time, there comes a breaking point. INNO sent me over that cliff long ago.
When you see so many great suggestions and ideas just GIVEN for free to INNO and nothing happens for such a LONG time, frustrations build.
Now to give credit where due... they pretty well fixed the collection aspect of the FAs. They made doing the rounds so much easier and now, to add the AWs into that mix... well I see progress.
But the AWs was a low priority thing as far as I'm concerned. How about the drop down menu for the MA.. How about just adding thumbnail images of the terrain... something you could click on if you wanted to see it better for tourneys or Provence fighting.
Muck, I bet you'd like that.
:)

I won't even go to event stuff... but If I had those two things listed above, playing this game would ramp up considerably. I'd be happy as a clam in mud.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My favorite part of your rant;

Black watch said:
I don't like complaining, but really... I've said it for months now
Okay, thanks for my morning laugh. I nearly spewed my coffee.

Black watch, I'm not picking on you and I understand completely, but you gotta admit that was funny. :p

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I sometimes think the ones with no pets are the ones who get pet food more often. I know I get sometimes two bags in the same run and I have no pets placed yet.

KarlD

There's nothing more you can do to increase the frequency of food recipes. Hopefully your luck with change and you'll start getting more.

I don't know how often you feed your Brown Bear, but a lot of people feed theirs only once a week or less. They win a bunch of time instants in the Spire and then feed their bear and use time instants to make a lot of troops while the bear is active.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I don't know how often you feed your Brown Bear, but a lot of people feed theirs only once a week or less. They win a bunch of time instants in the Spire and then feed their bear and use time instants to make a lot of troops while the bear is active.

And not feeding the bear until you've filled your barracks.
Actually I like to fill all three ( barracks, merc camp, and the other thing ) then feeding the bear and collecting.
Then like Karl said, I'll do some speed training with a bunch of 5hr instants from the Spire.

It really helps when you've got a Simia and Bulwark. Right now when my bear is fed, one training squad equals almost three battle squads.

Kekune

I have 3 hungry pets going on 4 soon enough (and no, not adding Coldfire) and use the food often when I have the opportunity. I'd use it more if I could.
For a frame of reference, how much do you use it now?

I don't feel pet food is especially short, but I wonder if we're using it at different rates? My standard use is:
1x weekly for polar bear
3-4x weekly for fire Phoenix
1x weekly for brown bear

The polar bear is pretty set. The others fluctuate a bit, mostly depending on how well I manage my tourney/spire schedule. So I'm using 5-6 pet food a week plus occasionally more. I have no problem keeping up.

Are you using more, or receiving less?

neeronie

Yeah, it's that time again.
I'm down to 2 pet food and having to cater my tourney to save the last for my brown bear. I'm still healing from the last tourney so things are tight and getting tighter.
I've been good about having my MA free on the turnovers so all the available spaces could be filled with new items (with a few exceptions)
It's really silly and frankly, kind of irritating me A LOT.
I know a few people get pet food fairly often and complain, I'm not sure why... I have 3 hungry pets going on 4 soon enough (and no, not adding Coldfire) and use the food often when I have the opportunity. I'd use it more if I could. I'm in chapter 13 and tourney and fight a lot.
Instead of food, I get a lot of low value small culture items and coin rains etc. like the screen shot below. Rarely to I get good time boosts, fighting boosts like MMM or ELR and pet food. I've also seen my phoenix artifact switch/change option now that I can craft my last needed old artifacts. (Funny that... as soon as I actually got the new cold fire artifacts, the availabliity of the change over in the MA diminished).
I don't like complaining, but really... I've said it for months now with only one small stretch that gave me enough to reach 7 foods... then only to plummet back down.
It's gotten to be an endless run of crafting things I don't want to get to the end in hope of getting a set of time boosts and trying to be patient for the food.
Enough is enough...

Can you please just fix the Magic Academy to have a drop down menu that has all the stuff YOU want to put in it there, So WE can choose to craft the things we WANT and NEED.
You'll get far less complaining and a lot more happy people that way.

PLEASE CHANGE THIS RIGHT AWAY. I'm starting to wake up at night to check my MA for food, for Pete's sake.
Thank you, thank you, I would like to add/suggest that pet food and more of the other items be made using the supply of spell fragments I accumulate. I have seen some items that can be crafted using them. In my case for sure, the supply way exceeds the demand and catalyst are filling up enchantment queue

Black watch

Okay, thanks for my morning laugh. I nearly spewed my coffee.

Black watch, I'm not picking on you and I understand completely, but you gotta admit that was funny. :p

I'm glad you liked it and I did try and walk that balance of funny and serious.

And not feeding the bear until you've filled your barracks.
Actually I like to fill all three ( barracks, merc camp, and the other thing ) then feeding the bear and collecting.
Then like Karl said, I'll do some speed training with a bunch of 5hr instants from the Spire.

It really helps when you've got a Simia and Bulwark. Right now when my bear is fed, one training squad equals almost three battle squads.
Yep, it's what I do too and I think you meant Shrooms... I have both...

For a frame of reference, how much do you use it now?

I don't feel pet food is especially short, but I wonder if we're using it at different rates? My standard use is:
1x weekly for polar bear
3-4x weekly for fire Phoenix
1x weekly for brown bear

The polar bear is pretty set. The others fluctuate a bit, mostly depending on how well I manage my tourney/spire schedule. So I'm using 5-6 pet food a week plus occasionally more. I have no problem keeping up.

Are you using more, or receiving less?

Good question:

1x weekly for polar bear
3x weekly for fire Phoenix for tourney, sometimes 4 if I've messed up my timing. 1 for spire Sunday morning. 5 total.
Figure 3x For brown bear... I think it comes to about every 2.5 days give or take. I used to have a lot of food... now down to two. Finally got one NOW.

Deleted User - 3932582

1x weekly for polar bear
3x weekly for fire Phoenix for tourney, sometimes 4 if I've messed up my timing. 1 for spire Sunday morning. 5 total.
Figure 3x For brown bear... I think it comes to about every 2.5 days give or take. I used to have a lot of food... now down to two. Finally got one NOW.
You're spending too much, that much is clear. Are you saying that you're dropping 5-6 PF on Polar and Fire - and another 3x (or is it almost 9 more?) on Brown Bears? This is bringing it to at least 8 PF per week, likely more.

This is not sustainable. With 4 PF recipes out there, and slightly more than 1 of each recipe per week expected, you can count on about 5 PF per week over the long term (perhaps a little bit more, but not by much). This checks out with my records.

There are ways to decrease PF consumption significantly. Do you really need Polar Bear? Connected question is, do you need to go 5* and 6* in the tournament (there is not that much in there except extra points). This also connects with extra Fire Phoenix feedings. Don't do Fire Phoenix for early Spire stages - these are relatively easy to cater. Don't feed Bears that often - collect timeboosts from the Spire, and dump these in one feeding. This way you can use PF even less frequently than once a week as timeboosters storage is not limited. Without timeboosts Brown Bears are not efficient for Pet Food, unless you have ridiculously high training sizes.

Kekune

With 4 PF recipes out there, and slightly more than 1 of each recipe per week expected, you can count on about 5 PF per week over the long term (perhaps a little bit more, but not by much). This checks out with my records.
This is good to know. It does match my experience that using 5-6 a week has kept me at a fairly stable inventory for the long term. I did get a bunch in the winter event, so my actual use is probably slightly above what I'm getting from the MA... but not by much.

KarlD

This is not sustainable. With 4 PF recipes out there, and slightly more than 1 of each recipe per week expected, you can count on about 5 PF per week over the long term (perhaps a little bit more, but not by much). This checks out with my records.
I was looking at your recipe table and there is also a "rarity" number associated with each recipe. Is this number used in any formula to determine how likely I am to see that recipe. Do you know what that formula is?

Alpha Lyrae

Heck, if you're far enough along you can do 2 x provinces. Not necessarily recommended, but there are many variables. For instance, in my case, a player could do 2 x 30 provinces. Not typical, but average enough for most fellowships. This would only require one feeding.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I was looking at your recipe table and there is also a "rarity" number associated with each recipe. Is this number used in any formula to determine how likely I am to see that recipe. Do you know what that formula is?

I think rarity is just the color of the spell crafted. I don't think it has anything to do with frequency.

Deleted User - 3932582

I think rarity is just the color of the spell crafted. I don't think it has anything to do with frequency.
Yep, the color of the band. AFAIK doesn't have anything to do with actual frequencies. The hypothesis is that all the recipes on the list have the same probability - that's why we have duplicates of Phoenix buildings at the end - this way they effectively doubled their appearances (temporarily).

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
1x weekly for polar bear

:O Where do you get all the pet foods to maintain that? :O It must be very nice to be able to use 7-9 pet foods a week :O