• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

scarce pet food

Black watch

You're spending too much, that much is clear. Are you saying that you're dropping 5-6 PF on Polar and Fire - and another 3x (or is it almost 9 more?) on Brown Bears? This is bringing it to at least 8 PF per week, likely more.

This is not sustainable. With 4 PF recipes out there, and slightly more than 1 of each recipe per week expected, you can count on about 5 PF per week over the long term (perhaps a little bit more, but not by much). This checks out with my records.

There are ways to decrease PF consumption significantly. Do you really need Polar Bear? Connected question is, do you need to go 5* and 6* in the tournament (there is not that much in there except extra points). This also connects with extra Fire Phoenix feedings. Don't do Fire Phoenix for early Spire stages - these are relatively easy to cater. Don't feed Bears that often - collect timeboosts from the Spire, and dump these in one feeding. This way you can use PF even less frequently than once a week as timeboosters storage is not limited. Without timeboosts Brown Bears are not efficient for Pet Food, unless you have ridiculously high training sizes.

I've think you're right... to much, that's for sure.
I've been hitting the tourneys pretty hard lately and then using the spire to rebuild during an active phase of the Brown bear.
My production without the bear active is 4,484 and my squad size is 2,976 (I just had to increase that in the tech tree)
Brownie gets worked about 3 times a week or close there of. Fire bird is not used heavy handed. I've tried to couple that with the polar bear to shorten my tourney wait times to get two rounds out of one Fire bird feeding. I'll feed the bird again Sunday morning if I have my tourney boosts still active (which I do when I hit a tourney hard) Then, I'm finish the spire in one go, and no, I don't cater the spire.
I'll have to pick and chose my tourneys and stop harvesting KP to 45 spots I guess. My tourney average right now is 6,269.

I do have to make it clear though... If I had been getting 4 or 5 pet food per week, I could have sustained that a lot longer. Some weeks I don't hit the tourney hard and don't use the Polar bear and only do two star to get the KP. My usage of pet food is then a lot fewer.
I really haven't been getting pet food regularly. It's RARE for me to see them.

I just wish they'd install a drop down menu... that would solve anything i can think of... I think everyone would be happy with that.
Thanks for the note.

DeletedUser24439

You probably don't need PF for the first few days of the tournament either. Many of those fights are easy until it hits the 3rd round. I usually use 2 PFs on rounds 3&4 and rounds 5&6 while managing to get each set of rounds within the 24 hour window.

Black watch

:O Where do you get all the pet foods to maintain that? :O It must be very nice to be able to use 7-9 pet foods a week :O

I crafted them as soon as they hit the MA... I wound up with a lot and back then, I wasn't using them much... It's only since December that I started ramping up to hit specific tourneys hard. Those are the weeks I use 8-9. You can see my tourney track record on ElvenStats...
I'm not using them every week like that... but lately I've increased for sure.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 9.15.30 PM.png

Black watch

Very nice :) Now just be careful, the KP addiction is a sure thing. So far, there is not an anonymous group for it...no rehab.

Xelie
You made laugh and I scared my cats. Thanks for that. :D
Yeah, I'm feeding AWs like craze... I've been opening up to 45 spots in the tourneys and then coming back for more when it jumps from 5 KP to 6 KP...
One thing is for sure, I can't keep that up... but please pass on my recomendation for a drop down menu for the MA... It can't be a bad thing... it can have all the things in it they want... it will just give us access to it better.

Deleted User - 1178646

Good question:

1x weekly for polar bear
3x weekly for fire Phoenix for tourney, sometimes 4 if I've messed up my timing. 1 for spire Sunday morning. 5 total.
Figure 3x For brown bear... I think it comes to about every 2.5 days give or take. I used to have a lot of food... now down to two. Finally got one NOW.

You're spending too much, that much is clear. Are you saying that you're dropping 5-6 PF on Polar and Fire - and another 3x (or is it almost 9 more?) on Brown Bears? This is bringing it to at least 8 PF per week, likely more.

This is not sustainable. With 4 PF recipes out there, and slightly more than 1 of each recipe per week expected, you can count on about 5 PF per week over the long term (perhaps a little bit more, but not by much). This checks out with my records.

There are ways to decrease PF consumption significantly. Do you really need Polar Bear? Connected question is, do you need to go 5* and 6* in the tournament (there is not that much in there except extra points). This also connects with extra Fire Phoenix feedings. Don't do Fire Phoenix for early Spire stages - these are relatively easy to cater. Don't feed Bears that often - collect timeboosts from the Spire, and dump these in one feeding. This way you can use PF even less frequently than once a week as timeboosters storage is not limited. Without timeboosts Brown Bears are not efficient for Pet Food, unless you have ridiculously high training sizes.

Yes So true,
I see the "scarcity" for perfood both as a challenge and as an opporunity for the game to keep competition alive.
One of the ways to "balance" those bears and fire phoenixes in the future and keep interesting prizes in events is the limit of how much pet food you could use. this means that in the future to come they can bring out more of those buildings to cater both us and newer players as there is a limit of how many "pets" powers you can stack upon eachother.
At some point you simply have to make choices and can no longer sustain them all as you might have already noticed to some points.

Now up to the hard part, RNG comes and goes, you have good and you have poor times, the only way to counteract this is to "create stock" this means a minimum of stock has to be kept, I am in the fortunate position that I did forsee this move and am a hoarder so I do have stock
1585979177523.png
My pet food stock had been very stable (grows slightly) between 133 and 138, My weekly usage is just under 7 a week (6.66)
Managing your stocks is part of the game, just as you need to manage your combat buildings,

Here to I managed to create a really good stock of buildings, a month ago I went trough a slump and my HP buildings dropped, and where it picked up back again last 3 weeks. as my goal is to stock around 600% HP (usage of 2 cycles of 9 weeks of tourney) a month ago it dipped to +- 500% currrently it's up to 650%
1585979783730.png

When people where pushing me to the limits I started to collect data to see if there was room for improvement, and it shows there was a lot of room for it.
It greatly improved my performance as I got better insight in how things developed compared to my gut feeling.

I keep a large data sheet were I manage the progress of my units, stock of goods, combat buildings, tournament progress ect.
Each time when another player pushes me tot the edge I return to that sheet to see where I can find some more tournament performance.

How are my stock of units developing, my combat buildings, my goods, how much provinces did I do last time(s) and how many rounds? and each time I find room for improvement
You had plenty of time to study this file, I now have shown long enough my personal accounts information details (editted away at 5-4-2020)

If you look at the collumn code you can see I am doing this for quite long while.

I crafted them as soon as they hit the MA... I wound up with a lot and back then, I wasn't using them much... It's only since December that I started ramping up to hit specific tourneys hard. Those are the weeks I use 8-9. You can see my tourney track record on ElvenStats...
I'm not using them every week like that... but lately I've increased for sure.

View attachment 7390
Just look me up on elvenstats you see what I mean, and how managing recources could improve your tournament score since I have been doing that for a long while now.
1585980591440.png
1585981175959.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyMiska

I sometimes think the ones with no pets are the ones who get pet food more often. I know I get sometimes two bags in the same run and I have no pets placed yet.
This has been my experience between my Main city (over 2 years old - with two pets - Panda+Aureate) and my new city (just several months old - with No pets). RARELY do I see Pet Food Recipes in the MA in my Main, whereas I see the Recipe at least once a day in my new city. Due to this scarcity, I only get to feed both my pets maybe once every several weeks; not often.

NightshadeCS

This has been my experience between my Main city (over 2 years old - with two pets - Panda+Aureate) and my new city (just several months old - with No pets). RARELY do I see Pet Food Recipes in the MA in my Main, whereas I see the Recipe at least once a day in my new city. Due to this scarcity, I only get to feed both my pets maybe once every several weeks; not often.
That sounds like really bad luck, and I hope your luck changes for the better at some point! I do have a piece of advice. If you haven't already, you may want to craft the chess piece set and any of the phoenix that you don't have. That will at least remove those from your list of crafting options and perhaps increase the chances of seeing Pet Food.