• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trader Sell building when expired

defiantoneks

hm. well, i wont argue that usually people will sell expired buildings, i would say they wont add an extra button because the sell functionality is the same for these as any other. they would just be adding extra coding.

i'm not really sure what you mean by "sell when expired" checkbox. what would that achieve? would you expect it to auto-delete itself?

Katwick

Cartographer
The portable version of game has a Hide Buildings mode, and expired building have a distinctive translucent gray base, so they're already very easy to find and delete.

Yogi Dave

On the 'This building has expired' screen, why not put a 'sell building ' button, there is plenty of room, and is the logical next step.
This part is a decent idea, but as @defiantoneks says it's doubtful it will be accepted by the devs. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be presented, just my opinion that it won't get passed on, much less implemented.

As it is now when you click on the building, and it brings up this dialog.
1690636818526.png

You wish to have a button (like in the pic below) added that lets you sell the building right now instead of having close this dialog, put the city in Sell mode and then finding the building again to sell it. The situation is exacerbated with the current sell dialog since it doesn't show the building is expired. Maybe I clicked the building next to it that hasn't expired, and I 'accidentally' sell it. In the browser buildings can 'hide' behind others and you'd sell the wrong one. But that's a different problem and not truly germane to this thread.

Dialog for the building when in sell mode:
1690637181250.png

You could also have a check-box when you click on the building 'Sell when expired'.
This part I disagree with. If I understand it, when the building is placed but not expired, you wish to have a checkbox on it so the system will automatically sell it when it expires. This kind of sounds nice as long as it applies only to that building and not also to others. However, it just doesn't quite feel right to me. Who, knows. That feeling might change. I just have to not click it. The above building is a 1x1.

As an aside, I keep expired 5d fighting building since they give a goodly amount of coins and hammers when sold. I sell them when I've fed the brown bears, so I'd never want them to auto-sell. But if I did, what happens when they would overflow the cap in the MH? Maybe the first won't overflow it, but the others would. Does the system have to keep checking to see when it can be sold? Does it just sell them? Does it bring up an ad you don't want? :eek: This even applies to culture from the buildings. Would it keep selling the buildings even if it would lower your culture below the required culture? Remember, the program has to be coded to handle the off-normal cases.

PS: I'm obviously talking from the browser version since it doesn't have the Hide Buildings the App version has.

Smooper

I like the part where there is a sell button when you open the building's description. I do not like to hunt for expiring buildings twice. That gives me an extra chance to click on the wrong thing. Once you find it hiding inbetween some bigger buildings, you should be able to sell it and not try to click on it again with the sell cursor (a very scary cursor indeed, it has sold my Shrooms AW and another buildings when it shouldn't have).

defiantoneks

It probably happens after every FA, when people are selling large numbers of t1s and they accidentally hit the wrong building.
and they're hurrying. clickdeleteclickdeleteclickdelete. they dont look at the picture or the text that says "are you sure you wanna do that?"

read twice, click once.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
and they're hurrying. clickdeleteclickdeleteclickdelete. they dont look at the picture or the text that says "are you sure you wanna do that?"

read twice, click once.
exactly. When you've got 300 mind-numbing clicks to do, your brain can't register in time to avoid confirming. Slowing down would help, but people get sick of the mindless clicking. It would be nice if we had a button that said, "Sell all level one workshops" (or t1s, etc.)

Oh gosh did I just say that? No ... no more buttons, lol.

Mrietha

NO Automatic sell buttons! Please!
I already hate it when I sell a street just by landing on it accidently as I am moving toward the building I want.
And I don't get anything back for it either. :(

Now, this discussion presents an opportuinity to get an answer to one of the many questions I have Elvenar. This one is about "selling" buildings.
You can sell a building that you have bought: culture, woorkshops, manfacturing and get back some of what you have put into that building in the way of coins.
However - if you "sell" a building that you have earned in an event or made in the Magic Academy - you get nothing back!!!!!
You simply lose the culture, population, etc of that building.
Does it not make better sense to transport it back to your summonings and then convert it into spell fragments (assuming it is worth more than the transporting spell)?
Yes you lose a transporting spell, but personnally I have a lot of them.

Also if you leave it in place until you need that space you continue to have its culture added to your score. At least that's what I've always thought.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Also if you leave it in place until you need that space you continue to have its culture added to your score. At least that's what I've always thought.

The ranking score is based on consumed culture and population (and other factors), rather than total population and culture. Deleting a culture/population building does not reduce your score (it may make you unable to consume further population and culture until you build more culture/population buildings to get out of the negatives).

defiantoneks

no matter what you think up to prevent accidental deletions, it wont help.
- confirm is there, gets ignored
- how about "make a trashcan that they can drop buildings in, then review before making a final delete." yep. and they wont look, and will hit delete anyway. just like the confirm button.

it takes time to build the mind-numbing stuff, so you may as well just resign yourself to the fact that it's going to take a little while to get rid of them. try to move them to a central location (empty field) where misclicks arent as likely to happen. delete some, take a break, come back later for more.

Yogi Dave

However - if you "sell" a building that you have earned in an event or made in the Magic Academy - you get nothing back!!!!!
Not true in some cases. You get quite a bit of coins and hammers when you sell the 5d buildings. Since I don't have any sitting in my city at the moment, I don't know how much, but it is substantial. The amount depends on the chapter level of the building.
Does it not make better sense to transport it back to your summonings and then convert it into spell fragments (assuming it is worth more than the transporting spell)?
Yes, it does make sense. Just remember buildings that expire can't be teleported.

Mrietha

Not true in some cases. You get quite a bit of coins and hammers when you sell the 5d buildings. Since I don't have any sitting in my city at the moment, I don't know how much, but it is substantial. The amount depends on the chapter level of the building.

Yes, it does make sense. Just remember buildings that expire can't be teleported.
What are 5d buildings?

And yes, I forgot about not being able to teleport them.
Thank you for reminding me,

Yogi Dave

I already hate it when I sell a street just by landing on it accidently as I am moving toward the building I want.
This bugs me too. So, when there is room, I move most of the buildings into an empty area.
What are 5d buildings?
As @Pheryll replied they are indeed the Enlightened Light Range, Unleashed Unit Upgrade, Magnificent Mage Multiplier and Dwarven Armorer. I don't know if any of the other expiring buildings give back anything.

Maybe the reason you don't get goods/coins/hammers back from most event buildings is because they didn't cost anything except your time and luck. I was happily surprised when I saw what I get back from the 5d buildings.

Hey, new thought: Those who just cater or don't use the 5d buildings might want to place and sell them buildings for the coins and hammers. It might be better than disenchanting them. It's easy to overflow the MH cap, so be careful. It seems like it only takes 5 or 6 from the chapter you are in to fill the MH.

I've heard in the past that most of the buildings you had to buy give you back half the coins and hammers of the last upgrade. But there are lots of exceptions. Some guest buildings give stuff back, while AWs give back nothing.

Also if you leave it in place until you need that space you continue to have its culture added to your score.
This is true.

defiantoneks

Hey, new thought: Those who just cater or don't use the 5d buildings might want to place and sell them buildings for the coins and hammers. It might be better than disenchanting them. It's easy to overflow the MH cap, so be careful. It seems like it only takes 5 or 6 from the chapter you are in to fill the MH.
i also delay selling those (as space allows) if there is a FA upcoming. supply production drops and coin badges are needed, so you can sell those rather than spend all of your coin rains.

Mrietha

Interesting idea.
Has anyone else done this? I know it depends on the level of the building, but what kind of return are we looking at?