• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Selling culture items purchased with diamonds

• Thread starter DeletedUser3312
  • Start date

Should culture that was purchased with diamonds receive coins and hammers back when sold?

• Total voters

DeletedUser3312

please please please give us some coin and hammers back when we sell culture that we paid real money for. I sold some pieces today as I needed the space to put some larger pieces of culture in and was shocked that I got nothing at all back for it. Please please please change this. surely with your brilliant brains you can come up with an equivalent similar to selling other culture pieces. Thank you for considering this and hugs if you actually implement it. my new motto is never ever buy anymore culture with diamonds. I have about 15 or more pieces and was going to sell off some that only gives 300 or so culture. sigh.. now I will hang on to it and not purchase any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

There's no free lunch. The developers would just have to raise the price, to keep the game balanced.

DeletedUser3312

I disagree. I have played lots of games over the years and this is the only game where you sell something and don't get anything back. If it can be done with pretend coins, it can be done with diamonds. There is not balancing necessary. And I am not asking for a "free lunch"

DeletedUser61

this is the only game where you sell something and don't get anything back.
You DO get back HALF of the Coins and Supplies from your most recent update when you sell a normal building, but NOT if it's a building that can ONLY be purchased with Diamonds.
  • Were it otherwise, somebody with a credit card that wouldn't melt could use Diamonds to generate an infinite amount of Coins and Supplies
  • If you want a partial refund of Diamonds for Diamond purchased buildings, then you're simply asking for cheaper Premium Buildings

DeletedUser3312

no, I think coins and hammers would be fair. I don't know of anyone that has a limitless credit card and would use it to but tons of culture and sell to make coins and hammers. that seems to be a bit of a reach to me. Every other game I have played does it. And at 63 years old, I have played a heck of a lot of games. In all those hundreds of games I have played, there was never a time when someone spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on converting real money into play money. In this game, if someone were that stupid to do something like that with their real money, they would simply begin building buildings and then using diamonds to finish them, then buying expansions adding more buildings use diamonds to finish them, and get all the coins and hammers they needed.

DeletedUser3312

I would be very happy with coins and hammers. Or, allow us to upgrade them like magic houses and workshops are supposed to work.

DeletedUser61

They could give you back half the Diamonds you paid to get it
Be careful what you ask for. They'd have to raise the INITIAL price by a like amount to keep the relationships as they intended.

The premium model pegs the initial costs as low as possible. Here's why:
  • Let's assume that somebody intends to quit the game, and that they WANT to delete a bunch of Premium items. Recovering part of the value would run up their available Diamonds, and they would then have MORE than 200 purchased diamonds and their city would stay around forever.
  • There are also some ugly legal/operational/technical implications associated with converting Diamonds back to Cash.

DeletedUser3312

There are also some ugly legal/operational/technical implications associated with converting Diamonds back to Cash.

Normally I do not respond to your posts as you live with your head up Inno's ... well never mind.. anyway... obviously you went to a different law school than I did. But that matters not in the least either. To pinpoint your error.. There are tons of games out there that give real money value game cash as well as game coins. They allow people to sell both and give remuneration for the sale. They would not have to increase the cost of anything to be able to do this. They are pixels. they hold no real viable value outside of the game. Were there legal ramifications such as you espouse, then Inno would be screwed when they did not reimburse players for the loss of items. You are an engineer. stick to your bits and bytes and what you know. That is all. you may go now.

DeletedUser3312

I thought we should get half the diamonds back when selling a culture item or be able to upgrade them. The developers disagree. I have not made any more cultural item purchases.

Inno feels that real money is a gift for them and their due. Sadly they refuse to accept any other suggestion or demand. Inno is all about money and feels that any and all game items are just extra largess for us common souls.

DeletedUser828

I sunk a lot of cash into this game , always bought the better Culture as soon as I opened the research for it. When I arrived in the Orc chapter I ahd no room to breathe. It was really hard to do , but I sold off nearly all of my bought culture. It's hard throwing cash away. Once you purchase diamonds in this game you've tossed it out anyway. I no longer spend money here. I learned it's barely worth it. With all of the changes that make it more and more difficult to play this game I fell Inno has not earned my hard earned dollars any longer.
In my other smaller cities where I have not sunk cash into culture , I have been better off. It would be nice to have a storage system, I;ve asked for this in the past here and on the live feeds when they do them, and all they did was repeat my question and chuckle at it. For one it would be convenient for rearranging purposes alone. With each new chapter everything always gets bigger, at least several buildings do, it would nice to stash a few buildings and make some room to re-organize. Ahhh but those things would make it a tad too easy for us and we can't have that!
I agree it would be nice to get a little something back for the cash items we have had to sacrifice for much needed space. Supplies would be nice since we get those back on standard buildings.

DeletedUser2870

There's no free lunch. The developers would just have to raise the price, to keep the game balanced.

Never heard of such drivel. Sorry.

Free lunch? there isn't since the building was bought with diamonds, gained by investing real money in the game.
The return of some supplies costs the company exactly nothing, so if anyone is getting a free lunch it's Innogames, since this way people will sell those buildings far quicker and be quicker to buy new ones...and spend more time on the game.

The return of supplies is not unbalancing the game in anyway, since it doen't have to be a huge amount, even if it was like about 10 or even 25 supplies for every diamond invested it's hardly effecting the game in any way.

Don't pretend a lot of people will start buying premiumbuildings to sell them for supplies since it is waaaay more effective to use a PoP-spell. Not to mention that considering the price people would be ripped off for the amount of supplies you could get from this.

Just a courtesy towards your paying customers that Innogames has been ripping off lately anyway. So even if just from the view of customerservice it would be a great idea.

You DO get back HALF of the Coins and Supplies from your most recent update when you sell a normal building, but NOT if it's a building that can ONLY be purchased with Diamonds.
  • Were it otherwise, somebody with a credit card that wouldn't melt could use Diamonds to generate an infinite amount of Coins and Supplies
  • If you want a partial refund of Diamonds for Diamond purchased buildings, then you're simply asking for cheaper Premium Buildings

Ehm...sorry Katwijk, but this is a complete NON VALID ARGUMENT.
People with a creditcard have much more efficient ways of getting supplies, by putting up one PoP-spell on a workshop and then put on the 24-hour production and buying off the time with diamonds. This would be much more effective anyway.

The whole idea you keep bringing up about unbalancing is something you pull out of thin air without any kind of evidence or logic behind it,

A company like Innogames should value paying customers. Giving back some ingame supplies costs them nothing at all but would be a way of showing appreciation instead of disregard for their paying customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

buying premiumbuildings to sell them for supplies
Pure and simple, you're asking for MORE than just the premium building. You're asking for Supplies/Coins/Goods/Whatever as well.

The mere fact that the rebate is somewhat delayed doesn't change the value of the purchase.

DeletedUser2396

Sorry but i will add my 2cents since i allready have paid this game around $400 maybe a bit more - Yes you have to sell off your Diamond bought Buildings when they become a burden on space - Yes you should get half the Diamonds back - not getting them is a rip-off imo since the other Buildings give back half value in coins and supply - i play another game where you can actually make goods and sell them to other players an earn tokens which you can use to purchase Game Expansions or other items in the game - Gears and Weapons dropped from the mob can be sold for tokens - heck i have 4 Swords that are worth $250 (5K tokens) a piece - this is just a pixel but people offer to buy it and can be sold thur paypal - this game is no different except that Diamonds here cannot be traded or sold and the item (pixel) cannot be traded or sold in this game - i do enjoy playing this game but i ask myself why when their are other games ONE can actually play and profit from them as well to bad i can't advertize the Game in Forum -(

DeletedUser2870

Pure and simple, you're asking for MORE than just the premium building. You're asking for Supplies/Coins/Goods/Whatever as well.

The mere fact that the rebate is somewhat delayed doesn't change the value of the purchase.

No I am NOT asking for more than the premium building. That's once again a false statement. I'm asking for the same treatment of premiumbuildings as other buildings, namely that at least some value is returned when they are sold of.
Please try to come up with a real, valid, argument instead of making things up.

And actually, I'm even asking for LESS than the normal buildings, since you get back half the supplies AND goods. meaning that for premiumbuildings half the diamonds should be returned.
I'm only asking for a (rather limited) amount of supplies, which is in no way unbalancing, nor does it cost anything for the company.
Also, it is not a rebate, delayed or not, it's to treat the buildings in more or less the same way.
Your argument is empty, since if you follow your logic one should not get anthing back from other buildings as well. The fact that they were built with other ingame resources than diamonds is in no way different.

DeletedUser61

namely that at least some value is returned when they are sold
Let's look a the TOTAL cost of a building.
Code:
Total = Initial Cost - Rebates
To maintain the current pricing balance, the equation would have to be
Code:
Total = Initial Cost including Rebates - Rebates
The current pricing approach keeps the INITIAL cost of premium objects as low as possible and it used to be quite clear that premium object were disposable. The Magic Residence and the Magic Workshop can now be purchased and upgraded with Diamonds, which muddies the water a bit, but there's still no rebate.

If you get a rebate on the BACK END, you have to raise the price on the FRONT END, or else you're just begging for cheaper premium objects.