• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Silver level

Matrickz

Well it stinks that without spending real dollars you have no chance of getting the silver level and I was close ONLY because I won a lot of 200 awards. Do it for gold sure but why does how others play matter to my award. Yeah this stinks

Last edited by a moderator:

Tehya1

I felt the same way after my first event. I was gold for about a week and dropped to bronze on the last day lol

You can get silver and gold without spending real money. Keep doing the spire. That is an excellent source of diamonds and you can buy more event currency with diamonds.

defiantoneks

no money spent. silver in both worlds.
now i will admit to being pretty lucky, and getting a bunch of free currency in one world. but not so much the other.
sometimes it's about being efficient with your choices, and sometimes it's about luck. i will also add that i am in-game fairly regularly to do neighborhood cleanup (pickup of random drops) so i maximize the extra collection there. it can make an impact.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My experience is that if you work very hard, have the Ashen Phoenix fed, collect, collect and collect, you have a fifty/fifty chance of getting to silver and a near zero chance of gold if you don't spend diamonds. In the last two events I made silver once out of 4 attempts but was gone a couple days in one of the events. My scores were just 3-5 points below silver in three of the cases and 2 above in the one I got silver.

AJ

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I usually make Silver in events, and have never spent money prior to this time. This time I really wanted to make sure I did well (as a negotiator/caterer, this is the first building that has directly supported my playstyle), so I bought a Stash Outpost. I also dropped a lot of diamonds to make sure I got a second base in both my worlds, but those had all been freely earned through the Spire. I agree that Silver was unusually high this time; if I hadn’t bought the Outpost, I would have been right on the Bronze/Silver line, I think, but then I was also unusually unlucky in winning back currency. *shrug* I’m guessing there was a lot of demand for the building among more dedicated players and that drove the Leagues up higher than usual.

Siorse

The entire league system is a competition. You can just play the event and ignore the league's entirely.
Ah ok. So equivalent to team events in the Olympics-the better the individual does the higher the team's score is thereby making other teams individual members having to perform better for a higher team score-correct?

Is there information on the league somewhere?

I didn't really pay much attention when they introduced them, I just played my game lol

Rythel

Is there information on the league somewhere?

From the wiki: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Sorcerers'_Homecoming#Leagues

1682535213207.png

The leagues are divided as percentiles. The Gold league is only the top 1%, the silver is the top 5% and the Bronze is the top 20%. As players spend more, the breakpoints also rise.

Siorse

Thank you, that helped.
I don't like this however- you can work hard and-in theory-qualify for the next higher league but still miss out because--

"Each League is limited to a number of players with the required amount of points for that League. If a league is already full, you will move to the next League down."

That's kinda garbage

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I think of it more like an auction. How bad do you want those prizes? The league rewards exist to target diamond ssales.Paying customers keep the lights on.

As a non-spender, you are not locked out of the leagues. You can earn enough diamonds in gold spire, crafting rewards, and miscellaneous collections to get gold league. You will just need to grind diamonds and save up.

Matrickz

I felt the same way after my first event. I was gold for about a week and dropped to bronze on the last day lol

You can get silver and gold without spending real money. Keep doing the spire. That is an excellent source of diamonds and you can buy more event currency with diamonds.
Spending diamonds is spending cash. Let's be real here. Call it whatever you want and yes you gain diamonds from effort but sorry I consider my time as having value and if you are at end game you find out buying provinces are the only expense

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I usually make Silver in events, and have never spent money prior to this time. This time I really wanted to make sure I did well (as a negotiator/caterer, this is the first building that has directly supported my playstyle), so I bought a Stash Outpost. I also dropped a lot of diamonds to make sure I got a second base in both my worlds, but those had all been freely earned through the Spire. I agree that Silver was unusually high this time; if I hadn’t bought the Outpost, I would have been right on the Bronze/Silver line, I think, but then I was also unusually unlucky in winning back currency. *shrug* I’m guessing there was a lot of demand for the building among more dedicated players and that drove the Leagues up higher than usual.
Likewise; this was the only time I've ever bought a stash outpost, so that I could get two bases. I negotiate the spire often. I only have two artifacts for the second base, but I figure they'll come up in the future, and if they have an FA I might get one or two out of that, too, so I'm happy. But normally I don't spend money and I get to silver level about half the time.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thank you, that helped.
I don't like this however- you can work hard and-in theory-qualify for the next higher league but still miss out because--

"Each League is limited to a number of players with the required amount of points for that League. If a league is already full, you will move to the next League down."

That's kinda garbage
What the heck? On what page did you find that quote? I find it crazy that a league would get "full" ... if you've got the points, you stay in that league; you don't move down. Or DO YOU?

Someone please 'splain that quote to me. Thanks.

hoopity

What the heck? On what page did you find that quote? I find it crazy that a league would get "full" ... if you've got the points, you stay in that league; you don't move down. Or DO YOU?

It's likely just referring to the percentile approach of the leagues, which has a finite number of players in each League. It's just worded weird.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Random numbers for example. There are 1000 active cities in the event, that means at 1%, only 10 can be in Gold at one time. As soon as the first 10 cities earn any points at all, then Gold is full, and you have to earn more points than the lowest scoring of those 10 in order to take their place. The only time this is not true is during the final hour of an event, when the minimum needed for each league is frozen. At that point, more than 10 of those 1000 could make gold and not kick anyone out, because the percent limit is lifted for that last hour. Other than during that final hour, if you are on the edge of what is needed for 1% and gold league, and someone else increases their score to just higher than yours, you drop to 1.001% and fall out of Gold.