• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Silver level

Dew Spinner

You keep saying that but I'm not seeing any posts on this thread complaining about not getting the full set. Who are you talking about? Have posts been removed?
Players complain each event that they can not get the complete set/fully evolved building, you must have seen this since you are a long time forum member!?

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I went for the: Get it done with the fewest clicks possible strategy. Picking the 77 or 73 except at the end of each section where I picked the cheapest per step. Basically the high gamble with the biggest RNG Spread.

My highest is at 283 and my lowest is at 243. My highest should actually finish in silver unless the leagues go nuts, the rest will finish bronze.

(I did not include my new baby cities numbers, Hobby League all the way!)

Dew Spinner

I went for the: Get it done with the fewest clicks possible strategy. Picking the 77 or 73 except at the end of each section where I picked the cheapest per step. Basically the high gamble with the biggest RNG Spread.

My highest is at 283 and my lowest is at 243. My highest should actually finish in silver unless the leagues go nuts, the rest will finish bronze.

(I did not include my new baby cities numbers, Hobby League all the way!)
And you have proved my point, you can even be reckless a bit and still get the full set/full evolve building, no need for players to complain that they can't get it!

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

You keep saying that but I'm not seeing any posts on this thread complaining about not getting the full set. Who are you talking about? Have posts been removed?
This was the comment I originally replied to, someone else tried to derail the convo!
[IMG alt="Moho"]https://us.forum.elvenar.com/data/avatars/m/27/27694.jpg?1673689049[/IMG]

Moho

Chef​

I am at silver and have not spent a dime. I may or may not stay there depending on my efficient use of event currency, but it is doable. I'm not so sure about gold though. But personally I don;t much care. Extra goodies are good.
True. In the event discussion I have posted numbers briefly showing my "performance" during the event. Nothing special, but these numbers show the event is totally doable, as it was the one before, and the one before that (and the one before that)...

Ravmin

I use iDavis grand prize strategy and it has served me well for most events. Easy to follow and iDavis has done all the work for us :).

301 points, 24 dailies (one was a crab hotel, does that even count as a daily bonus?) no email currency, no ashen phoenix, no diamonds spent. It's unfortunate this was my woodelves city, the set will only last a month or 2 before needing replacement.

2nd city with email currency and ashen phoenix : only 272 points, 23 dailies.

Alram

Flippers just flip
The only way I could possibly end in Silver would be by spending diamonds. My cities where I picked the one in the middle fared no worse than using iDavis strategy. People can "luck" into Silver but there is no skill involved. We are competing with each other for league placement.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am currently in silver but will probably finish in bronze. I've spent nothing on this event, but I have picked the chests that give me the most step advances. Because of this (picking 20 and 45 gives you no chance for currency) I only won currency twice.

I just got the skyfin today. It is possible if you aren't tempted to go for the daily prizes and keep your eyes fixed on the absolutely lowest cost per advance.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I am reading about email currency. Do you have to sign up somewhere for that?
Yes.
Screenshot_20230806_155318_Elvenar.jpg
Screenshot_20230806_155509_Elvenar.jpg

Mrietha

OK, what am I doing wrong?
I haven't hit 260 points for several events. And I won't this time either. I should make 240, which is good for me.

I solve all quests.
Have Ashen Phoenix
Pickup at least 12 to 18 "gifts" a day.
Open my 100 pt email.
I usually get several bonus points for rewards. This time I believe I've won 2 or 3.

And on this event I'm trying to go for the lowest cost rings.

Dew Spinner

I haven't hit 260 points for several events. And I won't this time either. I should make 240, which is good for me.

I solve all quests.
Have Ashen Phoenix
Pickup at least 12 to 18 "gifts" a day.
Open my 100 pt email.
I usually get several bonus points for rewards. This time I believe I've won 2 or 3.

And on this event I'm trying to go for the lowest cost rings.
The best hoops for progression in this event are in this order, 20, 45, 23, 73, 77, 28, 58, 30, 60. You would need to always pick the best hoop out of the 3 offered. If you did this then the only thing I think of is you had really terrible RNG when the 3 hoops are offered and frequently had 3 crappy hoops for progression, such as 30, 60, 58.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Mrietha

You are not doing anything wrong!!! The people who are saying that you should be hitting over 260 and landing in silver every single event are spending diamonds!
I do not know why they are flexing like this. IGNORE THEM.

I suggest that you go to iDavis - Elvenar https://idavis-elvenar.com/ and follow whatever chest recommendations he puts up. If you do that, then you will know that you are following the best strategy (mathematically).

When you do that and still fail to get to 260, you will know. It is the game, not you.

Once you figure out that it is the game and not you, you can do fun things like @Alram, pick the one in the middle...

Last edited:

SimplyNoble

Strategy...To start with I have a level 10 ,fed, Ashen Phoenix.
Well when I want to gain as much forward progress as possible I go for the cheapest per food option. This event I am aiming for a cost of 25 or less currency per food or as close to it as I can come on that particular move. So far still in Silver.
Most events I am just in to get all of the little goodies which come in very handy in other aspects of the game. In don't much care for set pieces. They take up too much space and are outdated when the next event comes along. But that's how I play and not meant to be a judgement on other people's choices.
The only thing I spend diamonds on are expansions and the only diamonds I have are won from the spire, genies, goddesses and Magic Academy. In nine years I have yet to spend actual money on the game.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
The only thing I spend diamonds on are expansions and the only diamonds I have are won from the spire, genies, goddesses and Magic Academy. In nine years I have yet to spend actual money on the game.
Good for you?

This is another weird flex that I don't get. I don't care where you get your diamonds or what you spend them on.

I care that only 5% of players will finish above Bronze league. 95% of ALL players will not finish in Gold or Silver no matter what strategy they employed. They did not do anything wrong.

Moho

Chef
Do you run only one city? If so, then maybe this is what you're doing wrong: you put all your eggs in one basket.

I run three cities and I could witness the different fate my "kingdoms" experienced during an event which I played exactly the same in every city. One of them won enough event currency from the hoops to safely settle in the Silver League. Another one barely managed to obtain the last building of the set with the help of the 100 Seahorse Food gift from the email.

If you only run one city, you may do so because multiple "kingdoms" require time and effort that you can't invest in the game. I respect that. It's your decision. But when you want to play a city building game and choose to build only one city, you will depend for your success on a single plan of action.

I always have a plan B. If I hadn't obtained the last building of the set, I would have made sure the next FA was going to help me with it. This has happened to me several times before.

You don't have to run multiple cities to play Elvenar happily or successully. Build your strategy carefully and play with confidence. Don't let the whining faction on the Forum ruin your cool. Adjust your goals to your means and always have a plan B.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
@Mrietha

The people who are saying that you should be hitting over 260 AND LANDING IN SILVER EVERY SINGLE EVENT ARE SPENDING DIAMONDS!
I do not know why they are flexing like this. IGNORE THEM.
I usually stay out of these discussions because I acknowledge I have an abundance of luck in this game and don't want to falsely promise results to others based on that. However, this isn't really a fair statement, since this is the first event I've participated in that I will have to spend diamonds to get the final set piece in my main city. I have certainly spent diamonds in events but only occasionally to pick up portraits or second bases, if my memory serves. As I said, I know I tend to be quite lucky (and also spend much too much time checking in for currency around the city!), so I would avoid stating that everyone should be able to do so because there certainly is an element of chance involved; however, it is possible to do so.

(On a related note, I always ignore the possibility of winning back currency and go strictly by the literal cost of each hoop/chest; it seems like usually the people I see stating they picked the "best hoops" and still didn't finish are using the strategy where winning back currency is calculated into the cost. That certainly could be coincidence, but it is an interesting comparison.)

@Mrietha , it depends on what you mean by lowest cost. If you literally mean the cheapest on screen (so you would pick the 30 out of a line-up of 30, 58, 73), then that is not good for progress on the prize line. If you mean the lowest cost per step moved (so with the same line-up, 73 is the best option; 30 gets you one step, 58 gets you 2 at 29 per step, and 73 takes you 3 at 24.3 per step, which is considerably cheaper), then you're doing the best you can and everything else is up to luck. Sorry you're not getting to that last building! :-/