• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Skip or Treat? Halloween Quest

Is the Halloween a "skip" or a "treat" for you?

• Total voters

DeletedUser4366

Just a quick poll of folks to see whether or not you will be partaking in the latest questline?

DeletedUser4372

i do them all, i never get last prize nor do i care. i play as i can. i will not delete sections of my map to build extra garbage just for events. (2 lvl 1 factories? yes). i do not even follow the spoilers anymore. i get what i get. i did not pick since you only gave 2 choices and neither are right in my mind.

DeletedUser5801

I play but really want to stop getting distracted from my progress through Elves. It's so long and so tedious to get the copper and granite. I keep hoping for something that will help but nothing does..... I don't like Halloween anyway so while I (mostly) completed the Fall quest, I won't be trying very hard for the Halloween.

DeletedUser5521

I agree with @Ashrem there should be another/third answer option. I'm probably in the minority (or maybe not?) but I really like having a bunch of small time saver instants in my bag of tricks...they have come in very handy for me at times. And the final prizes are not bad. But "definitely a treat"? I'm just not clicking on that lol :eek::rolleyes:

DeletedUser7370

I am already halfway done, and am directly on my planned timing for it. Both buildings are quite pretty. Neither seems really great when I consider the amounts of things required, but much of it would be what what I would do anyway just at a different timing. I will finish and put up the graveyard. Having a larger straight culture building is nice since I got enough population/culture hybrids in the event that ended just days before. In fact I won't build my Eldrasil's Village to place the windmill because I expect to end the nearly 5000 extra population. Switching to the graveyard lets me reduce that and gain some spare culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3297

Already done :) I used the space reserved for Halflings to complete it!

4nUJAWt.png

TWNsulv.png

Hopefully the 22 expansions I did this little event on will be enough to get through Halflings in enough time to be in-between chapters again for the next event :D

DeletedUser7370

get through Halflings in enough time to be in-between chapters again for the next event
I see no point in trying to get through halflings quickly; albeit I am a long ways from there but whatever is the last chapter available when I get to it will be taken slow. Why rush to have nothing? By using a relaxed position at the start of the halfling chapter, you can have 5 provinces scouted at all times, 3 researches ready to complete at all times, numerous buildings ready to upgrade at all times, and a sizable build up of halfling goods to propel you forward when there finally is a new chapter. At the same time not trying to rush through the last available chapter leaves you with plenty of space to plop out L1 buildings to crush and event. Stop researches early, but filled on KP, and spend the the rest of KP on wonders.

DeletedUser3297

I see no point in trying to get through halflings quickly; albeit I am a long ways from there but whatever is the last chapter available when I get to it will be taken slow. Why rush to have nothing? By using a relaxed position at the start of the halfling chapter, you can have 5 provinces scouted at all times, 3 researches ready to complete at all times, numerous buildings ready to upgrade at all times, and a sizable build up of halfling goods to propel you forward when there finally is a new chapter. At the same time not trying to rush through the last available chapter leaves you with plenty of space to plop out L1 buildings to crush and event. Stop researches early, but filled on KP, and spend the the rest of KP on wonders.

The way you and I play are very different. For that city, I have been averaging a chapter every 6 weeks (just started it August of last year). I am not rushing to have nothing. There are many benefits to being at the end i.e. leveling wonders, using your reserved settlement space for FA's and events. Every single province around me is at very easy and I am at 23 hours per scout, so I can open as many as I would like if I wanted to. But I wait till I need them and open them for events. Why would I want to leave 3 techs ready to accomplish when I can just accomplish them? I hardly ever upgrade so I always have buildings ready to upgrade if I need to. But if I do upgrade them for a quest, I usually sell them to re-build to the level I liked. With as few residences and workshops I have, I got space. I have enough space to keep most past portals and other nonsense. I am not building a cookie-cutter city, I am just playing my own way. It's too bad for me that it allows me to advance through the tech tree too fast :D

DeletedUser7370

The way you and I play are very different.
Actually not so much. I have looked at the city layouts you have published in the past and we have similar thoughts about strategy.
For that city, I have been averaging a chapter every 6 weeks (just started it August of last year).
Again, not so different. I started around the beginning of February this year and am in the early stages of Chapter 8.
Every single province around me is at very easy
Yet again, about the same. Finishing a ring at the start of the chapter is on easy, and the next ring out is on medium or may switch to easy when I get all my required squad size techs for that chapter researched.
I hardly ever upgrade so I always have buildings ready to upgrade if I need to.
This finally is a difference. I tend to upgrade my housing immediately whenever possible, but current space requirements caused me to split to a half and half situation. I had deemed my workshops (10@L15) as not needing upgrading, but a quest requiring higher level ones made me recalculate and determine I could run happily with 5@L20. I have decided that I will likely keep my armories at L20, but if they need to be leveled for an event then that is fine. In some ways I am approaching the point you are already at on this score.

In most ways we play the same, I am suggesting only a different end game strategy. We already play using a direction that the developers did not fully consider and understand because it is different from the vast majority of human behavior. I am suggesting continuing to not follow the norm instead of suddenly conforming to what everyone else does.
There are many benefits to being at the end i.e. leveling wonders
As I said, you can choose to stop anytime before the end of the chapter and level your wonders. The only benefit you cite is something you can enjoy before the prerequisite you are suggesting. The benefit to not completing researches you could complete is that they are available to complete for events. Timon was saying that releasing a new chapter is an extremely low priority.

Why would you choose to waste the possibilities that the last available chapter provides?

DeletedUser3468

I'm doing it for the small instants. I love having a stock of those 3 minute ones for finishing things off early. Seriously! :D I may not do all of the quests but I've already accumulated a lot of the instants that I wanted.

DeletedUser3297

What has happened for end-game players in the past, if they come upon a quest that asks to research a technology, the quest auto-completes because there is no more technologies to do. However, if that quest is an either-or, I will just have to complete the second option, no big deal.

Chapter progression is more important than wonders and also more beneficial to your city. I would rather have Grape Farms than Libraries, so why would I stop advancing in the tech tree for no reason just to upgrade a wonder that will eventually get upgraded at the end?

Still many differences. All my provinces are VERY EASY and the ones I scout in the next ring are VERY EASY. I have never seen a medium province in this city.

You have 10 workshops, I have 4.

My 2 armories are at level 16

I have only 14 residences (most are Fairy level)

My barracks is only level 18

Oh, and did you finish the event yet?

We are not playing the same game at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7370

You have 10 workshops, I have 4.
Nope. I reduced to 5 as upgraded them from L15 into L19. The production numbers that I am targeting at L20 are the the same for 5@L20 and 10@L15.
My 2 armories are at level 16
I have only 14 residences (most are Fairy level)
My barracks is only level 18
Hopefully the 22 expansions I did this little event on will be enough to get through Halflings
I would like to know how you got through the orcs chapter without leveling those armories. Tearing them down and rebuilding them puts you even farther from the behavioral norm. And even at the minimal deviations we both exhibit from the norm you should be able to see the benefits in not progressing through the last available chapter. A certain amount of progress is good, but by your own statements you don't benefit from researching "Halfing Style Barracks", "Rearranged Residences", or "A Lily, A Grimace, and a 'God'". Why would you proceed beyond those researches when they don't IMMEDIATELY benefit your city style and can be used to clear events that may occur before a new chapter is released?

Keep in mind this whole question is predicated on the idea that there is not another chapter available, and there is no idea of when another chapter will be available. The current state of affairs.