• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Skip or Treat? Halloween Quest

Is the Halloween a "skip" or a "treat" for you?

• Total voters

DeletedUser2768

They're not really a treat, but I'm not going to skip them either. I'm looking to replace my Halloween 2016 buildings with the 2017 ones. Not sure they're going to be worth it, but I'll go as far as I can to see.

DeletedUser12904

Why participate? the rewards may be great for any player under LVL 5 but anyone over that its a waste of time. The rewards are the worst I've seen

shimmerfly

Yep need the third option.
I will do the quest and unlike the past events I haven't planned for, or even looked at, the "rewards" yet. I play pretty laid back now...finally! I do like the instants.

DeletedUser

Actually, I think they'd be spectacular in a city in Forge of Empires, and the Black Tower in their Halloween Event this year should definitely have been done here, lol. I feel like a complete idiot now, because I started the Event in my Beta city but got side-tracked and didn't finish, and I just went back to have a look at it, and...damn. I wish I'd finished.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't know how to complete the quests without information on what to do. Where do I find out how to do it?
On the left side of your screen are 2 new quest givers. The top one tells you what you have to do for each quest. There are 32 quests and we have until November 9th to complete them all. The bottom one is more of a quest 'tracker' telling you how many of the quests are completed. Once it fills up to 32, you've completed the event and won the buildings. Each of the individual quests getting to the buildings gives a small reward as well.
If you want to know the quests as they appeared on beta** (and they seem to be following that pattern for these on live), there is a list of quests at:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/
On the left of that home screen go to: Event Spoilers>Halloween>Quests
Knowing what's coming up lets you prepare things in advance, waiting until the quest comes up to collect anything and you'll spend less time waiting on things to finish.
**Disclaimer: There is never a guarantee that there won't be changes from beta to live. Thus far they're following the same pattern; I am now working on quest #21. Someone else may know if they continue to be the same as beta throughout the event.

DeletedUser10960

I am becoming discouraged during the Halloween event due to being rewarded with time savers and no building supply points.

DeletedUser10960

I am becoming discouraged during the Halloween event due to being rewarded with time savers and no building supply points.
and the game in general is giving less building supply points for rewards, which used to be my motivation for completing tasks. Everything has come to a screeching halt in my game while I try to raise up more building supplies (supplies) in order to do or complete anything lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10859

I will do them but won't likely finish as the solving encounters will not be feasible - I have one province unlocked and one scouting with 30 hours left to go. At 36+ hours to scout a province, there is no way I will solve all those encounters since the tournaments don't count. In the meantime I will do what I can because a free instant is better than nothing even if they are just a few minutes.

DeletedUser10960

and the game in general is giving less building supply points for rewards, which used to be my motivation for completing tasks. Everything has come to a screeching halt in my game while I try to raise up more building supplies (supplies) in order to do or complete anything lol
...But at the risk of sounding contradictory - the Eldrasil event was really fun. Amazing, beautiful and very useful rewards.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I am confused as to why a few people are bringing up supplies.
This event has several workshop tasks.
So it seems that if you are having supply problems you would like this quest.
Or, I'm missing something.

DeletedUser

I am confused as to why a few people are bringing up supplies.
This event has several workshop tasks.
So it seems that if you are having supply problems you would like this quest.
Or, I'm missing something.

Well, the conversation went like this:

I am becoming discouraged during the Halloween event due to being rewarded with time savers and no building supply points. and the game in general is giving less building supply points for rewards, which used to be my motivation for completing tasks. Everything has come to a screeching halt in my game while I try to raise up more building supplies (supplies) in order to do or complete anything lol
(Two posts condensed)

What's a building supply point?

Supplies, which we use for building

Then why not just say "supplies"?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Well, the conversation went like this:

(Two posts condensed)

Sadly this was just a recap and not an explanation. I also do not know why people are bringing up supplies. Event quests can offer anything they want, it is up to us to decide if it is worth the effort. As to the comment about normal quests the comments seem offbeat as supplies for mainline quests increase most chapters with a large exception in halfings

Considering supplies are easy enough to come by I am happy with a bunch of different instants