• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Skip or Treat? Halloween Quest

Is the Halloween a "skip" or a "treat" for you?

• Total voters

Deleted User - 1580260

Why is it upgrade building to level 20 ? Its been 12.

I'm halfway between ch 4 & 5 (adv scouting) so I have finish provinces at that point to research the tech rather than upgrade a building to an impossible lever.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Why is it upgrade building to level 20 ? Its been 12.

I'm halfway between ch 4 & 5 (adv scouting) so I have finish provinces at that point to research the tech rather than upgrade a building to an impossible lever.
Because the primary quest is complete a tech. Upgrade a building to level 20 is a sop to people who are at the end of the tech tree and there is no physical possibility of them completing a tech. level 20 on a building is a close as they can get to something that takes the better part of a day. It's unfortunate that anyone caught on a difficult tech is suffering. My wife doesn't have any buildings she can get to level 20, and is spending approximately 5 days on the complete tech.

Desurfur

even though just started into chapter 3, I decided to skip it when I saw the first mission, Complete 15 beverages for 1 knowledge point, while I am set up where I cam complete that in 15 minutes, to me it's not worth doing for just 1 knowledge point.

DeletedUser3220

I will not be trying to finish this event or any other in the future. They ask for more than is worth the prizes on the last 2 or 3 events. What has happen to the great Elvenar I started? I understand some changes needed but to have changed this much saddens me. It makes me thankful that I have not invested a lot of real money. I will never get back the time lost on this game but I don't plan to lose much more. It has gone way too far in wanting us to use all our resources to participate in tournaments, events and, adventures only so that (1) we can't grow our cities at a comfortable rate or (2) get very far in the rest of the activities without using diamonds and lots of them. I hope all are able to get further than I can. The lack of room and diamonds to purchase more is keeping me from going much longer. But, I guess that is what Innogames is wanting.

DeletedUser9601

It has gone way too far in wanting us to use all our resources to participate in tournaments, events and, adventures only so that (1) we can't grow our cities at a comfortable rate or (2) get very far in the rest of the activities without using diamonds and lots of them. I hope all are able to get further than I can.
Some people play more frequently than you or I. Some people play less frequently. I see Inno as having 2 options:
1. Produce content that "everyone" can complete 100%. If that content is for someone who logs on once every few days for an hour, the content is going to be very boring for anyone who plays more frequently.
2. Produce content that "no one" can complete 100%. People get to pick and choose what to do, based on their interests and goals.
I think option 2 is much better. If you want to do events, your city growth slows. If you want first place in Adventures, you won't finish an event. If you want to grow your city as fast as possible, you won't have enough resources to win the 10th chest in a tournament.
Yes, underlying all of this is "pay Inno money for all of the rewards." But you can still have a perfectly enjoyable gameplay experience without doing that. It just involves being mature enough to realize you can't get 100% completion.

DeletedUser3468

I've gone from believing that I won't be able to complete this event in any of my 6 cities to thinking that I may be able to complete it in a few of them... the mid level cities or ones where I haven't gotten far enough into Orcs to not have many provinces I can negotiate (my fighters can't fight their way out of a paper bag... I am working on it though!;)) but not far enough to have Orcs to negotiate with. Either way, I'm picking up a bunch of instants that are really very helpful to me, though not everyone feels the same way.

What I am not liking is having two quests, #26 Solve 17 encounters and #31 solve 23 encounters, that require opening so many provinces and either negotiating or fighting 40 times at the very end of the Event. These are the 2 quests that will nearly guarantee that I won't be able to finish this Event in my larger cities that are at the wrong point in Orcs... the point where I can't negotiate without Orcs but no way to get the Orcs to negotiate with. (if that makes sense...:confused: ) Oh well, at least I'll have lots of instants and not have to worry about where to place the buildings for this Event. :p

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It has gone way too far in wanting us to use all our resources to participate in tournaments, events and, adventures only so that (1) we can't grow our cities at a comfortable rate or (2) get very far in the rest of the activities without using diamonds and lots of them.

These things are created as a sink for all of the hundreds of thousands and millions of goods that people are producing in excess of building their cities. Every game creates sinks. They have created multiple sinks so if you don't like one option there is another one that you might like. If you don't like any then just ignore them, who knows they may come up with another sink in the future.

DeletedUser7370

All I have left is the 29 relics that I'll do in tourney.
Same here. I pushed hard on Friday to make sure I got the first relics quest out of the way during that tournament. I then used a relaxed pace for most of the weekend to finish the rest. And will pick up the final relics during the next tournament at a leisurely pace.

It is rather easy when using a strategy of fight 10-15 required provinces at the end of the chapter. I save 5 to scout till I am only a few days out from completing the new wonder research. I only conquer a few during the start of the chapter for required expansions. During the chapter things slowly build into that space, but otherwise it is available for temporary buildings. All the KP from conquering all the provinces at once nearly fills the next advanced scout.

DeletedUser

I went as far as I can until hitting the wall caused by having to do a tech (I am trying to research Scouts for the next level which means scouting and taking several more provinces) -or- build a lvl 20 building even though lvl 15 is the highest I am able to do. I was hoping to finish but setting the goals (building levels above my tech level) out of reach took this one away from me. The instant times are nice but final goal is impossible.

DeletedUser7367

Saw the two 'Grand Spooky Prizes'...... wasn't scared.... just sighed and thought... "Pass".. Decline in value, on all levels, continues.

DeletedUser9247

It has gone way too far in wanting us to use all our resources to participate in tournaments, events and, adventures only so that (1) we can't grow our cities at a comfortable rate or (2) get very far in the rest of the activities without using diamonds and lots of them. I hope all are able to get further than I can. The lack of room and diamonds to purchase more is keeping me from going much longer. But, I guess that is what Innogames is wanting.

o_OStrangely enough my city receives a huge boost every time I do one of the events- big ones make me finish a chapter each time and rewards boost me at the start of a new one. I have used diamonds at a bare minimum- one extra builder, one magic academy level and 4 expansions. I don't feel being restrained by not having more. It doesn't affect my game in any negative way- quite the contrary. Overcoming the challenges and restrictions IS the game its self. So don't give up. Set your self a purpose build a strategy and enjoy the crawl to the top ;)

DeletedUser4366

Fun factoid,,,of the 6 peeps in Whiny-and/or who said it was a treat, only 1 of them has placed the buildings....I guess the others are waiting to put down the sweet buildings for the upcoming Fellowship Adventures lol

Hopefully for those who loved the event - they got something outta it !

Pheryll

Set Designer
Winyandor is my second world, and I do not treat it the same as my main world. I got the prizes on both, but Winyandor is just leveling up wonders, making little actual progress. In fact, Winyandor has a nice picture book, full of unplaced event buildings.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Fun factoid,,,of the 6 peeps in Whiny-and/or who said it was a treat, only 1 of them has placed the buildings
It only took me a day to do the event, but I haven't made room for the buildings yet. Honestly I would have done the event just for the instants, or even just for something to do. I know some players struggled, but I had a dozen open provinces and buildings I could upgrade so there was simply no reason not to do it.

DeletedUser5800

It only took me a day to do the event, but I haven't made room for the buildings yet.
I took my sweet time and did it in 5, saw no reason to rush! :D AND I put the windmill out immediately, still haven't figured out where to put that freaking graveyard but I will, I need a little Necronomicon flying around!