• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Song Guessing

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

DeletedUser20951

This is likely sleep deprivation talking, and I'll lose interest in the endeavor within the next few moments, but SD is a dear friend of mine and allowed to speak for me. Inspired by Saphirra the magnificent's delightful joke thread and how I had lyrics run through my head a short time ago that I could recall the artist and album they came from, but not which specific song. An honorable mention goes to the numerous occasions I've heard a new song on the radio and actually liked it, yet could only questionably remember disjointed clips and phrases later on when I regained access to an internet portal, leading to gratuitous abuse of a search engine until the right combination unlocked the elusive knowledge I sought, as well.

The rules are simple, to post lyrics for others to guess what the song is. The vaguer, more general word combinations, the better, to make for a harder challenge if the tune is not readily recognized or one that you've never heard before.

I'll start with an easy one. The one that just randomly popped into my head for no thrice-damned reason I can figure from a song I hadn't listened to in many years.

"Because... your lies have watered me! I have... become the strongest weed... Weed... The taste of metal, Disintegrator."

Vergazi

I knew it was manson but i had to search the lyrics..had it earlier but i cheated sooooo...yeah. I even have that album on cd from years ago.

DeletedUser20951

Kinderfeld by Marilyn Manson
Ding ding ding! We have a winner and I have no prizes! Thanks for playing!

I knew it was manson but i had to search the lyrics..had it earlier but i cheated sooooo...yeah. I even have that album on cd from years ago.
And you posted a vid of it in the other thread! :D Probably the only one from the album that would be alright by the forum rules uncensored. I don't consider searching for the lyrics cheating, but I didn't explain it well, that I want this to be sort of a search engine game, although if you instantly recognize the song, that's awesome.

For example, here is another line that might be difficult, as the search results don't bring up the answer at the top: "I need to find forgiveness, when all the pain is done." (I'll add another line, as a hint, if needed)

Now I must go listen to the entirety of Antichrist Superstar and rock out like I did when I was an idiot teenage AND DROWN IN THE NOSTALGIA. Whee! ...I still identify way too much with 'em, especially Irresponsible Hate Anthem. XD

*starts screaming* I WASN'T BORN WITH ENOUGH MIDDLE FINGERS.

DeletedUser20951

When I'm God, everyone DIE- *breaks off mid-scream and pauses media player* Wait a minute, my intention was for a back and forth of lyrics. GIMME GIMME GIMME! Rawr!

DeletedUser20951

Tonic - Take Me As I Am
Curses! Foiled agai- I mean, well done!

Here's something that's a little less mainstream: "Take all that I could be. Take all I should be."

NOW GIMME ONE TO GUESS AT. *hops up and down like an overexcited puppy*

DeletedUser20951

Ah, double wait a minute, I had forgotten about how you can search for exact phrasing with quotations. Must find a way to fool that function. Hmm... HMM... Perhaps jumbled lyrics?

DeletedUser20951

Alright, attempting a different format, where you would probably have to try to fill in the blanks to arrive at the answer. Each underscore is a deleted word:

"_ _ one religion, _ _ _ one decision,"

Thoughts on style improvement? Maybe break it up more, as adding "lyrics" after what was quoted brought back the song in the top ten results? Trying to figure out how to trick search engines while retaining the song's integrity is harder than I thought it would be (I didn't give it any thought).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

Reverse engineering may work, but since I'm familiar with the song, I can't tell if such is challenging (what I want) or impossible (NO!) to those who might not be. I don't often do much specific searching, either, and I may be missing obvious keywords where it continues to be too easy, or am unaware of a search engine that is great at piecing disjointed lyrics together; haven't used any in well over a decade.

"A _ chime _ sound, _ of your _ _ rings _."

Going the Hangman route might be better (if you fill in one or two of the blanks correctly, the song is returned in the search results):

"A _ _ _ _ chime _ _ _ _ _ sound, _ _ _ _ of your _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ rings _ _ _ _."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

Another option, since sleep is being a wretched witch AGAIN, are the artifices of the unspeakable horrors from below, anagrams.

"lalms tiyghmil nda odg reenv uinttviei nad nifd dan kalt tinuesqo eb"

Vergazi

Alright, attempting a different format, where you would probably have to try to fill in the blanks to arrive at the answer. Each underscore is a deleted word:

"_ _ one religion, _ _ _ one decision,"

Thoughts on style improvement? Maybe break it up more, as adding "lyrics" after what was quoted brought back the song in the top ten results? Trying to figure out how to trick search engines while retaining the song's integrity is harder than I thought it would be (I didn't give it any thought).
Deuce - America

DeletedUser19483

Another option, since sleep is being a wretched witch AGAIN, are the artifices of the unspeakable horrors from below, anagrams.

"lalms tiyghmil nda odg reenv uinttviei nad nifd dan kalt tinuesqo eb"
Joining You by Alanis Morissette?

DeletedUser20951

Deuce - America

Joining You by Alanis Morissette?
You are both correct! WOO!

Summoning Old Ones again are we?
ALWAYS. We're about due for a reset, methinks.

Any ideas on a more enjoyable layout? The jumble version is probably the most consistent as far as difficulty goes, but there's bound to be others that are fun, such as giving the first and/or last letter in each lin- Hold up, let me try that.

"W_ _ _, _ c_ _ _ s_ _ _ _ t_ b_ w_ _ _ m_ _ _ _ _, t_ _ _ l _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'_ s_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ r_ _ _."

Vergazi

You are both correct! WOO!

ALWAYS. We're about due for a reset, methinks.

Any ideas on a more enjoyable layout? The jumble version is probably the most consistent as far as difficulty goes, but there's bound to be others that are fun, such as giving the first and/or last letter in each lin- Hold up, let me try that.

"W_ _ _, _ c_ _ _ s_ _ _ _ t_ b_ w_ _ _ m_ _ _ _ _, t_ _ _ l _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'_ s_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ r_ _ _."
If your only goal is to be so obscure as to be unable to be understood, you have already surpassed yourself on a number of occasions.

DeletedUser20951

If your only goal is to be so obscure as to be unable to be understood, you have already surpassed yourself on a number of occasions.
*blows on claws and buffs them on shirt* I try, but the feedback I am getting is limited, which was not the guessing I had intended.

DeletedUser20951

Took me way too long to consider that that subtle insult might be a call for easier form. XD

"W_ _ l, I c_ _'t s_ _ _ d t_ b_ w_ _h m_ _ _ _ f, t_ _s l _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'s s_ _ _ _ _ _ _y r_ _e."