• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Song Guessing

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

Vergazi

I might figure it out or I might not...But just a casual look lets me know I'll regret losing all the time it would take trying to figure it out so....nah

DeletedUser20951

I might figure it out or I might not...But just a casual look lets me know I'll regret losing all the time it would take trying to figure it out so....nah
See, now this is a valuable assessment, but a simple "don't like this style" would suffice (unless you have an opinion on how to improve on said criticism). Either way, I have been reminded that people barely read what others' write and it's more an exercise in futility than anything. *cackles*

DeletedUser20951

Nah, isn't wordy enough. You should know by now I fail miserably at brevity. XD
WORDY FOR THE WINNER OF ALL THINGS. *hands @Vergazi Shiney Medal of Absolute Excellence* I use the wordy method all the time to cover up the fact I have nothing of import to add to a discussion, which is likely evident, if one pays attention, in every single comment I have made on here. :D

Any sort of social media usage, for me, is more of a sociological study, not because of any other reason.

Vergazi

OFF TOPIC!!!!

guess this!

wish i had a banjo string made of golden twine, every tune I'd play on it i wish that girl was mine

DeletedUser20951

wish i had a banjo string made of golden twine, every tune I'd play on it i wish that girl was mine
SHADY GROVE BY JERRY GARCIA (?)! Now I feel special, but, aye, I have never heard the song and DuckDuck provided. Don't know exactly what I am trying to accomplish here, as many more brilliant minds have no doubt teased out the particulars of games of this manner (I don't play 'em, this is new to me, which is the only thing that matters. THE ONLY THING).

DeletedUser19483

O_ t_e b_ _le_ _ _d o_ b_ _ _ _n d_ _ _ _ s
W_ _ _e the c _ _ _ s_ _ _ _ _
A_ _ I'_ t_ _ _ _ _y _ _e

have fun

DeletedUser20951

O_ t_e b_ _le_ _ _d o_ b_ _ _ _n d_ _ _ _ s
W_ _ _e the c _ _ _ s_ _ _ _ _
A_ _ I'_ t_ _ _ _ _y _ _e

have fun
Oh sweet baby Jesus back ribs, IT IS PAINFUL TO BE ON THIS SIDE OF IT, but I will prevail! I SWEAR IT. Will just... take me while. *squints at the lines* Hey, know the first two words. I think. *cocks head to the side*

DeletedUser20951

GREEN DAY! BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS!

I had the spacing all wrong and I kept trying to think of what the logical procession of words would be, THEN I REALIZED THE MIDDLE LINE WAS FROM A SONG I LOVE. Woo!

And, oh no no no, I'm gonna be late, and I MUST FLY! *screeches and takes flight*

DeletedUser19483

GREEN DAY! BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS!

I had the spacing all wrong and I kept trying to think of what the logical procession of words would be, THEN I REALIZED THE MIDDLE LINE WAS FROM A SONG I LOVE. Woo!

And, oh no no no, I'm gonna be late, and I MUST FLY! *screeches and takes flight*
ding ding ding the insane therapist wins

DeletedUser20951

ding ding ding the insane therapist wins
*does happy spastic dance* And I almost made it harder on myself by going ahead and posting some more, but there's still three that haven't been solved. *hits self*

Donnyd

Here's one. Just straight up lyrics with no jumble or nothin'
But I'm gonna need the song title, artist and the album it is from
Did you have any bad dreams, did you break any glass?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Well, I can't stand to be with myself, this liberation's seemingly rare" Seether from "Holding on to Strings Better Left to Fray" album.

I have to admit I only got this by looking up the beginning words, which pretty much anybody can decipher.

Now here's one I can't find though I have narrowed down the artist to an early 1960's folk group artists -- I think the song is mid-1970's or after though. Got the lyrics stuck in my head and quote them often but can't find the song.

"With an alligator Bible to match his boots"

AJ

Donnyd

Well, I can't stand to be with myself, this liberation's seemingly rare" Seether from "Holding on to Strings Better Left to Fray" album.

I have to admit I only got this by looking up the beginning words, which pretty much anybody can decipher.

Now here's one I can't find though I have narrowed down the artist to an early 1960's folk group artists -- I think the song is mid-1970's or after though. Got the lyrics stuck in my head and quote them often but can't find the song.

"With an alligator Bible to match his boots"

AJ
The closest version I could find was 1981. Noel Paul Stookey - Peace in the Valley
Here is the verse the line is from

So if you meet a man in a pastel suit
With an alligator Bible to match his boots
You might not like his style too much
But if he could reach a soul you could never touch
You gotta say...

DeletedUser20951

...I almost completely skipped passed this thread, as I had lost interest in it, but then I remembered that I had created it and it is therefore my duty to respond. XD
Did you have any bad dreams, did you break any glass?
Never Been Any Reason by Head East, from the album Flat as a Pancake?
YES!!! Country Song! Love me some Seether, especially this play on the country genre. A few years ago, I introduced my nieces to the band with Fake It (they adored shouting out the "Good God!" part and were immediately hooked), and now they're bigger fans of 'em than I am. :D

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The closest version I could find was 1981. Noel Paul Stookey - Peace in the Valley
Here is the verse the line is from

So if you meet a man in a pastel suit
With an alligator Bible to match his boots
You might not like his style too much
But if he could reach a soul you could never touch
You gotta say...

Thanks! I had the album but for some reason couldn't get the song out of it. I actually looked up all the lyrics but one or two, including "Peace in the Valley" weren't avaialble. I love the verse and quote it often when I feel a disagreement seems to be pretty petty and related to style more than substance. It's my way of saying, "let each of us be honest and believe what we believe." Nobody has to be right, you know. LOL!

AJ