• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Songs about cars or driving

DeletedUser20951

For obvious reasons, this song immediately came to mind:
As a child, I was only allowed to listen to country or christian-based whatever (guess which genre I chose), and there are several older country songs that are very nostalgic to me, which I can instantly remember all of the lyrics to, but rarely think about.

DeletedUser20951

I frequently wonder exactly what it is that causes people to either stick with what they were exposed to at a young age, or reject it, but I'm guessing many factors are involved.

And this is yet another song thread I can't contribute to much. XD I scoured my library and only came across one more that refers to cars, but I am pleased about the fact that it came out in nineteen ninety-five, too.

Donnyd

I frequently wonder exactly what it is that causes people to either stick with what they were exposed to at a young age, or reject it, but I'm guessing many factors are involved.

And this is yet another song thread I can't contribute to much. XD I scoured my library and only came across one more that refers to cars, but I am pleased about the fact that it came out in nineteen ninety-five, too.
I try to keep an open mind when it comes to music.There can be many good songs in many different genre. I'll listen to anything at least once and then make up my mind from there on whether I like it or not. I listen to so many different styles and there is good stuff in all of them. If you don't at least give it a try, you'll never know. If you have an open mind and give it a listen, you just may be surprised and find something you like or never knew you would like.

shimmerfly

Yep many factors.
It's what comes to mind mostly for me. I have specific memories of each song I share or about specific times of my life.
I was raised in a musical family. Mom was an opera singer, sister played violin, other sister player piano, brother was piano and guitar, ( my Aunt taught piano) I was piano and clarinet and a little flute. My clarinet teacher player with some of the old "Big bands". We all liked different music and it was never forbidden or censored.
When I was around 9-10 the family piano was tuned by a guy who stank of booze and sweat, wore dirty clothes but played like an angel. ....another memory...:rolleyes: but my Mom always fed him and paid him well.

Donnyd

Yep many factors.
It's what comes to mind mostly for me. I have specific memories of each song I share or about specific times of my life.
I was raised in a musical family. Mom was an opera singer, sister played violin, other sister player piano, brother was piano and guitar, ( my Aunt taught piano) I was piano and clarinet and a little flute. My clarinet teacher player with some of the old "Big bands". We all liked different music and it was never forbidden or censored.
When I was around 9-10 the family piano was tuned by a guy who stank of booze and sweat, wore dirty clothes but played like an angel. ....another memory...:rolleyes: but my Mom always fed him and paid him well.
Have you ever watched some of the homeless musician or street preformer videos. There is some amazing talent out there. If you just saw them on the street not doing anything most people would not even notice them. But when they get out there and play music.....just amazing

Donnyd

Have you ever watched some of the homeless musician or street preformer videos. There is some amazing talent out there. If you just saw them on the street not doing anything most people would not even notice them. But when they get out there and play music.....just amazing
I know this doesn't fit the topic, but here is one of those homeless guys playing piano. Turns out that he is a US veteran that fell on hard times and ended up homeless. Because of this video that made local news, he got help to get back on his feet and is no longer homeless