• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Special Event Building Suggestion

So, do you think this is a good idea?

• Yeah! This is a great idea! Please incorporate this, Inno! We'll love you forever!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nah... I'm not a fan of this idea. Storage or Die!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh... Storage is for the weak! We don't need no stinking storage!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I think this idea has merrit, but I don't think the coding will work.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser4094

So, it occurs to me that with all of the people who have requested storage for buildings there must be some reason this is not being done. So rather than general storage, how can we solve the problem of losing irreplaceable special event buildings we've earned when they're no longer the most efficient use of our available space at the moment or we'd like to use the space for a new or more seasonally appropriate special event building? Previously, I have suggested that perhaps we could have a storage that only accepted these buildings, but it occurs to me that this may be a coding nightmare, that may not even be possible without allowing for all buildings, so I have a new solution.

How about if the event buildings were given a little bit of extra code that when they're deleted it not only removes them from the city it also triggers the event that generated the building when it was won. This would "put it back" in the won buildings tab preventing it's loss without the need for complicated new storage systems or ui commands. Of course I don't actually know how the game's code is written, I'd imagine it would require modifying the delete function to look for the special building call to re-trigger the won event. I dunno. I'm just thinking "out loud" here. Is seems a solid enough idea to me to at least share and see if it's possible.

I think this would not only be good for players but it would also be good for the game. I think people would be more inclined to invest in special event currencies to earn the the buildings if they had a way to replace them when they delete them, especially those grand prizes, where they're more likely to need to pay to acquire. (For those who would complain about that, I'm not interested in the debate over whether this is pay-to-win. It's how it is now, and that's not the point of this thread. Please save that argument for another day.)

This would also allow for more aesthetically pleasing cities and more freedom of personalized customization. If you are stuck having all different season buildings all the time because if you delete them you lose them, your city looks like a hodgepodge. Everyone's city looks like the same hodgepodge just rearranged. There's enough of this already. This causes people to lose interest.

I think this might offer a happy medium between wanting to encourage players to buy more land to fit more buildings and being able to save irreplaceable things that you spent time and sometimes money earning. The distinction is important I think. Simply buying a building that's always available with purchased gems, isn't the same as earning irreplaceable buildings through the effort of an event, especially if you additionally invested money in event currencies.

Just a thought. Thanks for reading. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's a nice thought to let players somehow retrieve event buildings that they delete. The problem is, if we assume you want your buildings seasonally that Winter building you won around new years 2016 will be horribly outdated by new years 2017. A chapter 3 building (even if it's pretty) just doesn't cut it anymore in chapter 7. If those buildings were to be auto-upgraded to your current chapter, then there would be no need for players to try and earn buildings in the new 2017 winter event.
While letting go of any event building can be hard, growing and evolving your city is part of the game. Luckily this is mitigated by events offering "old" rewards.

If you love your snowman, but don't want him in the summer, and are afraid of deleting him because you want him next winter I'm sure you can win an even better version when winter comes around again. I don't think there are any "irreplaceable" event buildings.
it occurs to me that with all of the people who have requested storage for buildings there must be some reason this is not being done.
The reason given from the developers in the last live Q&A is that storage (or rotation) would make the game too easy. [because the sliding puzzle challenge is a core aspect of the game]