• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Convinces

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
When I get to each chest in the spire, the items to "convince" are shown in a certain order, for example, in order to convince you will need 9K coins, 900 tools, 300 planks, 500 silk, and 500 gems (just an example).

However, when I decide I have enough resources and press the convince button, the items are now shown under the guardians as: 9K coins, 900 tools, 500 gems, 300 planks and 500 silk. They aren't in the same order.

While that may seem like a small thing, I tend to write everything down as I go, in order to visualize my strategy, and it would be nice not to have to erase and reorder the items. Could they possibly be listed in the same order on both screens for us OCD types who write everything down?

Thank you.

Alpha Lyrae

I'm not sure I understand. They are placed under the Spirit by you, in whatever order you decide to place them. Do you have a screenshot?

Darielle

I'm at a gate right now, so I'll try to get a screen shot in a few hours.

I don't mean I'm having trouble placing them. I mean the set of items you can choose from (right after you've clicked "convince,") are in a different order from where they were on the first screen. You can select any to give to the guardians, that's true, but they're in a certain order for you to select. I hope that makes sense.

Alpha Lyrae

I did some convincing to see, but you're right! The change was subtle.

Here's the first screen. Coins, supplies, marble, steel, elixir.

Convince 1.png

Technically my 3rd screen below. I convinced once, offering them in the order that they appeared on the screen. Now I see what you mean. The marble and steel flipped positions.

Convince 2.png

Edit: Clearly I don't convince very often. :p

Darielle

View attachment 7561

Technically my 3rd screen below. I convinced once, offering them in the order that they appeared on the screen. Now I see what you mean. The marble and steel flipped positions.

View attachment 7562

Thank you! That's exactly what I mean. :) Lol, I need to learn how to fight better; maybe I won't need to convince either. :p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, it has always been that way. The order of the items shifts around, but the actual items are always the same between the preview and going in. It does not change how it plays out at all, but I can see it messing with the head of someone with OCD or whatever the right term is.

Darielle

I just start to automatically write everything down ... I write more than I speak in the course of a day, lol. I guess I'm a visual person. But then I press the "convince" and I often have to cross out stuff and switch the order. It would be nice if they could just keep the same order throughout that particular encounter.

Darielle

View attachment 7561

View attachment 7562

I just noticed another thing from this post ... boy, those convinces are COSTLY at your level!!! No wonder you fight your way through them! Helps me to know what I have in store for me as I progress. Dang, I'd better learn to fight. :)

Alpha Lyrae

I just noticed another thing from this post ... boy, those convinces are COSTLY at your level!!! No wonder you fight your way through them! Helps me to know what I have in store for me as I progress. Dang, I'd better learn to fight. :)

It's costly either way and I'm finding myself low on troops, so I think I need to diversify. Finding a balance is the ticket, I think.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just start to automatically write everything down ... I write more than I speak in the course of a day, lol. I guess I'm a visual person. But then I press the "convince" and I often have to cross out stuff and switch the order. It would be nice if they could just keep the same order throughout that particular encounter.

But the order they are listed makes no difference at all for which item a spirit will want. And you can go to the Convince screen and back out again without losing anything if you have not started giving stuff to the spirits.

Darielle

I used to avoid fighting but have been "balancing" a lot more as @Alpha Lyrae suggests. learning to fight is easier than you imagine.
I've just been dipping a toe into it lately, now that I have my fire phoenix and a supply of pet food. I need to upgrade my MM and I think I'll be okay. It's always hard trying new things, but you're right ... it gets easier once you do it.

Darielle

Dar
Personally I see no reason to write the items down since the game tracks them for you
but I accept your neurosis and have a solution

Don't write anything down until you click "convince"

There may be no reason to write them down (except for "wrong person" items), but you'd be surprised how many people do it. :p