• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire - Let players choose between regular prize or spell fragments.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm surprised you've been playing this long and haven't noticed the disenchant button:
View attachment 15456
View attachment 15457
If you saw my face right now you'd see me blushing. I did know this but due (I'm claiming) to my old age it didn't click. Still, I doubt the DA is worth 4000 SF. In fact, it says it's worth 360. And that just underscores how values are relative to needs.

Sorry if I sounded a bit sarcastic too. In looking back I can see my tone wasn't as it should have been. But I'm used to apologizing so all's well.

AJ

Saphirarya

It is my perception (perhaps wrongly) that it’s fairly evenly split between those who want more Spell Fragments from the Spire, and those who do not. I rarely enter the Spire hoping for Spell Fragments, and when I do, it’s usually because I have a quest asking me to gain a few hundred or thousand fragments. In my very humble opinion, there are enough opportunities to win fragments on the way up that they should not be a top boss prize. Again, making the prize switchable would seem to be a good way to make everyone happy. Maybe, just the Spell Fragment prize needs to have an option to pick something else? As much as I used to hate winning a 10% Portal Profit, I’d rather get that than more Spell Fragments from a top boss.

The addition of Spell Fragments as a top boss prize has really put a damper on my desire to forge my way to the top of the Spire each week. It’s just not worth the cost of the resources. And I realize that’s my choice, but it was something I used to enjoy doing before Inno added fragments as a prize.

Siorse

I'm in agreement that fragments are the last thing some of us want as a prize, but on the surface this needs an adjustment or it violates the contract that if you pay diamonds to upgrade your Magic Academy, you get more fragments per prize than people who don't pay to upgrade it. If they stick to that commitment, then some people will get more or fewer fragments for the prize than others, which is probably not a big deal, but may require and adjustment to the idea.
Thank you for the info about the MA, I wasn't aware that what level it was affected fragments awarded.
When I first started playing I bought a crazy amount of diamonds to upgrade MA and BH all the way so I most likely didn't notice anything different right from the start.
I'm curious-
How much is the difference or where do I find that information at please?

Siorse

suggesting someone's input doesn't deserve to be here. We do have the option to
I didn't say it didn't deserve to be here-I said it wasn't constructive-and I stand by that opinion. He didn't give any idea on how to improve it or even tell us WHY it was a "non-starter" because-to him at least-"the reason should be obvious"
I'm not the only one it wasn't "obvious" to.
As far as abrasive goes that's fine I can deal with abrasive (I can be the queen of abrasive)but I can't/won't deal with someone I see as an overbearing know-it-all who doesn't even try to explain his position.
As for reporting him, I don't think that being abrasive and non helpful is something to report someone over.

Tehya1

I am for anything that allows me to get anything but 4k frags from a gate boss. Give us this choice or put the frags back in the bonus chests and small waypoint chests. SO disappointed in the chests this week so far!

Tehya1

I mean, my genies are getting old! Adding frags to the odds means less genies, and less odds that you will get diamonds from them. Oh wait. Is that the real motivation for putting frags in the boss boxes? :rolleyes:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I mean, my genies are getting old! Adding frags to the odds means less genies, and less odds that you will get diamonds from them. Oh wait. Is that the real motivation for putting frags in the boss boxes? :rolleyes:

But did they add the frags or replace something else?
Serious question because I don't pay that close attention to stuff like that.
But if they replaced something, then the odds are the same.

Siorse

That's a good question-I think they added frags and changed the percentage chance-BUT I admit I have no basis for thinking that except that it seems that(I play on mobile) I have to scroll a little bit now to see all the possible prizes whereas I did not previously.

Sprite1313

Somewhere up-thread someone asked if there was a formula for conversion of resources in inventory to Spell Fragments (SF). I thought I had something on that, and I finally found it!
The following is copied from my Google spreadsheet where I thought I had a list of SF value/resource. It seems I had a partial list, and quit, lol! It is large (thus under a 'spoiler'; click to open) and a quick look at my MA said it's still accurate (for as far as it goes).
Buildings in the Summonings tab are straight-forward at 60 SF/square as well as Artifacts at 2000 SF/each. You can see at the bottom where I basically gave up, lol! Instants that come in a variety of amounts (ex: coin rains, portal profits, supply instants, etc) follow a logical progression from highest amount to lowest amount. Ex: a 100% instant will give more SF than a 5% instant. There is probably a logical progression within each type of instant by amount, but I quit before I got there...
Level 5 Magic AcademyAmount of SF increases with each MA lvl
Resource to fragSF Formula
Summonings:60 SF/square
Enchantments:
PoP60 SF/each
EE60 SF/each
MM120 SF/each
IM90 SF/each
Pet Food600 SF/each
Teleport300 SF/each
Need to do more work on the following:
Sorceries:
TomesNo idea: varies from 20 SF for Tome of Wonders to 2000 SF for Tomes with Artifacts
Instants:
Artifacts2000 SF/each
AWKP30KP = 940 SF/eachReduces for each lower value instant;
3KP = 136 SF/each
Vitality Surge100% = 120 SF/eachReduces for each lower value instant
10% = 12 SF/each
I QUIT!!
Pretty obvious there is a formula for defragging everything, lol! I'm just not going to try to figure it out for the individual
Instants and Tomes.
And just to add to the inconsistency, some of the tomes for artifacts are worth less than 2000, some are worth 2000. But if you select your artifact, you get the full 2000 for the artifact. SMH. It's possible they have fixed this, since some of my tomes were pretty old when I was fragging things a few weeks ago.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
But did they add the frags or replace something else?
They added the frags and reduced the percentage chance of diamonds.
***I think.***
/s
Considering the company's commitment to customer satisfaction and complete transparency regarding product changes, I should be completely sure of any changes to the game. Somehow, I'm just not :confused: .
/s off

This post gives some info. And, there's a link under the spoiler thing there to the beta discussion of the rebalancing. Appears that beta discussion ended with: until it's announced, it's a bug.
I can't find an official announcement on the US forums for this. Hope it's just me not searching correctly.
I stay out of these discussions as my experience is very skewed. Veteran cities: within a month of FS rewards being added, topped the Spire weekly. Have huge boneyard of Library sets. Also, had years of building up inventory of event bldgs in summonings when there was no crafting/SF's in the game. Disenchanted enough to get a base of 200K SF's in each city when crafting first became a thing. I'm back to 30+ pages of summonings. Some of those are from using teleports, others are bldgs I will use at some point. But, at least 25 pages of bldgs I'll never place. I now disenchant only when I want to knock out a quest to 'gain SF's' before my libraries come in. I now carry inventory of 1-2 million SF's and 2-3K CC's while crafting whatever I want whenever I want. My take on the value of SF's is likely different than the majority of players as they have a different experience entirely. I am not the least bit upset they have added a way to get more SF's.
That said: I think there would have been less pushback if they'd just replaced that PP with 4000 SF's and left everything else alone. ICBW, but I just don't foresee players coming here and complaining about losing that PP, lol! My cynical side also wonders if they now have a boiler plate response for the 'I can't get enough SF's' support tickets: "Great news! We recently added the ability to get an additional 4000 SF's every week! They're in the last individual reward chest in the Spire, so you just need to work at completing the Spire weekly if you need more SF's". Happy Gaming!"