• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Storage Facility of some kind?

DeletedUser4128

It would be nice if we could earn/buy a storage facility (barn) so that we can put things into storage rather than having to sell something to make space for a building that I get that has a higher culture value, or population value. This happens a lot in the Events, such as the current one going on for Christmas. That way we could put them back into the game when we earn another expansion.

Also, could we make it so that when you move something that you could also spin it to fit into the space available?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm afraid the developers have stated that the puzzle aspect of re-arranging buildings as they upgrade and change in shape/size is a core aspect of the game and will not be altered. Likewise there will be no building swap or storage feature.

DeletedUser4128

Sad that they actually have a thread to ask for the players suggestions and feedback....but then they don't listen anyway. Seems like 'the developers' don't really want our feedback at all.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There is an important line between listening to players and doing everything we ask. Any software development project requires attention to a set of core mechanics. This isn't Inno's first game, and as much as there are all kinds of things I'd like to be different, they are almost certainly evaluating every piece of customer feedback in light of their design document and how it will affect the overall system. That a lot of people want something doesn't mean it would be better for long-term retention of paying customers.

I'm betting the value our feedback a great deal. But this is a job for them. They have to evaluate what people say bothers them in terms of how much it bothers them, and a balance agaisnt people who find it just annoying enough to shell out for gems to buy another plot of land. Keeping the cash flowing is their primary concern, not doing everything the people on the forums ask for.

SoggyShorts

Sad that they actually have a thread to ask for the players suggestions and feedback....but then they don't listen anyway. Seems like 'the developers' don't really want our feedback at all.
You will find that as you progress through the game, some buildings become more useful than others, and then it changes again. Deciding which buildings to keep and how they can fit in your city is a core aspect of the game. If you had a storage space, or were allowed to rotate buildings, then one of the greatest challenges that the game offers would be trivialized. It's not that the developers don't listen to this idea, but rather that the idea would ruin the game.

Buttrflwr

I would just like a temporary holding spot while I am rearranging my city, nothing permanent, just a "put this here while re-arranging" spot. Most other builder games I have played have a "build" or "move" or something tab that allows you to place existing bldgs out of the way while you move stuff around, then you have to have EVERYTHING back in a valid spot before going back to the normal view.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the people who have the most trouble are those that can't bear to "waste" a building. I presume it will get harder, later, when most of my buildings are more valuable, but for now I have no issues at all with tearing down a bunch of buildings to replace them if it is convenient and makes rearranging easier. Admittedly, I have few higher than level 5 or 6, but it's all just pixels....

SoggyShorts

just a "put this here while re-arranging" spot.
I find a combination of elvenararchitect and timing my major renovations accomplishes this pretty easily. I try to grab an expansion from the tech tree at the same time as I get one from the world map, and then shift everything around.
It's really easy between guest races too-- once you tear down the 6-7 expansions that you used for dwarves you can set up for fairies pretty easily.

DeletedUser5800

If you had a storage space, or were allowed to rotate buildings, then one of the greatest challenges that the game offers would be trivialized.
I find the 'sliding puzzle' aspect to be one of the most fun things, I love spending 4 hrs shifting things around and I never freaking wait till I have a 'hold this for a minute' expansion just to make it worse on myself. LOL (Mostly bad timing there) But I would be curious as to if you have the same opinion when it comes to non-replaceables (event buildings). I have no issue throwing away things I can rebuild if I ever change my mind or suddenly need them but it hurts my feelings when it's something I can never get back. My little observation point should be gone but I like it more than most things and if I delete it then it's gone forever... and what if 6 months from now I can magic it or something, well that would just be salt in the wound. Now on the one hand it would take something away from the complexity if I could store even just the non-replaceables, but on the other it's kind of like a testament to having won them and throwing a way a trophy I might like to set back out someday.
I would guess you find the stressful addition of a more permanent choice an entertaining amplification of the normal 'fun' and since the builder is basically a inefficient storage of sorts anyway, sell/build again, maybe these non-replaceables are even more true to the intention of making people freak out and make hard decisions. But would you consider it a downside or upside if event buildings, once sold, became rebuyable somehow, i.e. went back in the sack but with a cost to get them out again?

DeletedUser5800

Well, today on Beta the daily prize is the original Father Tree from the Summer Solstice, so nothing is permanent:p
You dodged that with the finesse of a politician. :D I attribute that to just not wanting to do all new stuff every time so they just recycle some things because it's easier... and who knows what it will ever be. Let me rephrase with the tact of a news anchor. What would your opinion be if you could sell your event items back into the sack but it then cost 100 diamonds to get them back out again?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

What would your opinion be if you could sell your event items back into the sack but it then cost 100 diamonds to get them back out again?
Would the item come back out at it's original value, or scaled to your current chapter? *answers a question with a question like a boss*
Personally I'd prefer it if the upcoming feature Blueprints could be used to upgrade event buildings to your current chapter, as that would benefit
both paying and free players. I could also see a storage space for event only buildings where taking them out costs Blueprints. Not knowing how frequently players can expect to obtain Blueprints it's hard to say how many either feature should cost.

DeletedUser5800

I could also see a storage space for event only buildings where taking them out costs Blueprints.
Yeah that's even better, my point being though that a way to store and recover buildings otherwise unrecoverable through standard gameplay but at a cost to offset just throwing them in and out would be cool. Quick use your pointier hat status and suggest that( ;) ) so I can store my observation point to make room for a winter star! :D

DeletedUser3507

Seems we have made suggestions like, mouse over culture that would seriously benefit players enormously
Has that been implemented in the past 3 to 4 months that we have been asking? No
So how do you figure that they listen or even read our post. Ok I am being cynical but really, it seems they just don't care! :mad::eek::oops::mad:

And this is not the first time this has been suggested.

Another previous suggestion was to have portals actually lead to a second area where you could do race task. IE Dwarves, Fairies, Orcs and wood elves.This would free up alot of space in our cities.
Probably why they never considered it....

But from our viewpoint I for one think that it would make players much more likely to stay around This game I think has one of the worst retention rate of keeping players whether they spend or don't.Its surprising to me that Inno just misses the mark here.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Seems we have made suggestions like, mouse over culture that would seriously benefit players enormously
Again, "seriously benefit players" is most certainly not their goal. They know their player retention numbers, we don't. They know what their gem sales are like, we don't. They (presumably) have a design document that says where the game is going, we don't. All we have is speculation. (Edit: There are also, already, lag issues at times. Maybe they tried mouse over culture and it introduced an extra 2% lag into the game which made it unacceptable. Some lines are very narrow, and crossing them is fraught with peril.)

That aside, people tend to notice the things that bother them, while glossing over the things that don't. There are probably ideas that have translated from the forums into the design document, perhaps that people have forgotten changed (or weren't here before the change) or perhaps they haven't been implemented yet. There's probably also feedback that comes via other paths, which might counter, or exceed what we see on the forums. The view from the forums is quite a narrow window into the players. It's not advisable to assume that because a few dozen people* think something that they must representative of the majority.

* more importantly, the kind of people who care to spend time on the forums, which is already restrictive, since it tends to encompass people who are already committed to sharing their opinions.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well, today on Beta the daily prize is the original Father Tree from the Summer Solstice, so nothing is permanent:p
I was actually just thinking that throwing in the repeat of Father on Beta today (which translates to Xmas day on live) would be just the kind of thing to do if that's when you were planning the biggest prize and wanted to keep the art a secret until the last possible moment.

SoggyShorts

This would free up alot of space in our cities.
Probably why they never considered it.
Exactly,and I for one, completely agree with that choice. The ONLY challenge in this game is space, if you remove that, then what?
I don't know how everyone plays this game, but I love having to deal with limited space, and tinkering in my city, trying to fit anther building in, or planning for the next chapter while chatting with my fellowship. If I didn't need to do that I'd just log in once every 3h for 20-30 seconds.

... suggestions like, mouse over culture...

It's in a poll on Beta, and will be forwarded to the devs here:https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...-culture-amount-in-other-players-cities.2557/

They already admitted that they are far behind on implementing player suggestions, and they even set up a team to deal with them a couple weeks ago. Sure, they really need to pop in to the live forums and let people know that their voices are being heard, but at least some progress is happening.
Every 2 weeks @Marindor is reviewing the idea polls, and submitting the popular ones to the devs and putting up 10-15 new ones. There's a bit of a backlog for him to get through(some ideas from over a year ago) So just hang in there people, change is coming.

DeletedUser3507

Thank for the feedback Soggy. Much appreciated.

Ashrem double posting is a fomum no no. Just so you know.

Edit and combine them please.And if they do implement some of our shared suggestion.,they have a chance of keeping more players so its benefits them too.

DeletedUser4881

I like the sliding puzzle part when rearranging my town, to an extent, sometimes I just don't have time to take that long and sometimes I'm just plain tired. My main need though for a storage facility now is that they have started to put out themed buildings with all these events and I am not going to want a Snowman or Halloween pumpkins in my town in the middle of summer. They look cool with the town covered in snow but not so much when it goes back to normal. I like building my town and organizing it and don't want eyesores stuck off in a corner somewhere that I'm going to want in a different season. I used to play DragonVale and they had a lot of seasonal items that I won and would store to redesign my town by season. They even had a Weather Station and another building that allowed us to choose our own themes, winter, spring, summer, storms, etc. Now that allowed for a lot of fun rearranging and changing things up as the mood hit us. I played for years (5+) untill they started having events and prizes come out so fast that there was no chance to obtain it all and the place was getting so crowded that it all typed into chaos. People who like to create towns and other environments do not appreciate chaos and disorder. We need to be able to store things based on the season and our vision for our towns so we can enjoy the events without having to throw away the prizes. There is no point in them otherwise.

DeletedUser5800

My main need though for a storage facility now is that they have started to put out themed buildings with all these events and I am not going to want a Snowman or Halloween pumpkins in my town in the middle of summer.
That is an excellent point, I myself had the thought, 'Why would anyone want a fat snowman in midsummer' paired with it's hard to just throw that stuff away... it's made me not want a lot of things just so I never have to stress about it. LOL I assumed I was just more OCD than the average person and most people never even thought about it.