• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suggestions based on what various Humans and Elves are complaining about :)

Do you agree with the following suggestions?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Dear Elvenar Team, fellow Elves/Humans,

In the beginning, I would like to apologize for the inevitable mistakes I am about to make as a foreigner whose level of English is barely intermediate. I have been an active player for a couple of months and am a very satisfied one as well. However, I have a couple of suggestions for you to consider that my companions from various fellowships and I discussed recently. Firstly, it would be nice if there would be a way for the mages and archmages to have a better insight into activity of fellowship members, because it takes a lot of time and is a little tiring the way it is now. Secondly, fellowship members are constantly complaining about not being able to swiftly move from one of the member's cities to another one, but having to go to the Fellowship window and look other members under a tab. It would be of help if you considered making a list of discovered players as well, so that players who have a large number of discovered ones wouldn't have to look for them on the map. Also, most of us agrees that it would be nice if we could obtain supplies in other ways as well, instead of just making them. And by that we do not mean: "Make it easy for us". We are suggesting the following: make it possible for us to obtain supplies for large sums of money that gradually increase, with temporal restrictions - once we buy a certain amount of supplies, we cannot do the same for the next ... hours/days. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Iono

DeletedUser

I agree, having more efficient ways for ArchMages and Mages to track thier Fellowship activity is needed. In other games I play, and where I run a Guild/Clan/Alliance/Fellowship/Group... I can see who is online, when they were last online, I can track their chat/Clan Forums postings and activity, I can see when they supported or gave aid and to whom, I can move efficiently from one capital city to that embers satellite cities fluyidly without having to click click click click...

I can do all of these things and more without having to have heaps of paper of notebooks full of notes on my desk. I don't need to have dozens of files in NotePad or WordPad that I have open while in game to update and constantly check, I can manage my Clan/Guild in game, saving me time and stress and aggravation. It makes the games more fun to play when there is this ty pe of ease and more options to obtain supplies and resources, while I am trying to grow my cities and troops and stare at red glass all day with constant incoming PvP attacks or NPC attacks. I want to have FUN when I play. If a game (like this one) becomes nothing but frustration and becomes cumbersome to play (as this one already has), I stop playing, and any possibility of me every spending real money on the game ends. I'll spend if a game is fun. But when it becomes nothing but boredom and frustration, I walk. Because I game, and Inno seems to forget there are a huge number of games online and through portals like Steam that cost less, provide more opportunities, and are FUN to play. City Builder games are NOT an orphaned genre by any means, There are tons of them. And many of them cost MUCH less and are MUCH MORE enjoyable to play.

I like your suggestions mate. I hope Inno takes note and actually gives them consideration. I am not holding my breath. But I will hope...

DeletedUser

First of all, Iono, your English is excellent. In fact, it is better than many native speakers I have encountered. Kudos to you. :)

Second of all, yes, we Archmages definitely need tools to support us. Tracking who is actively visiting, actively trading, and actively building is becoming cumbersome. I use a spreadsheet to track this information, but it is not foolproof. For instance, for me to track visits, I must check in several times a day to be sure that I don't miss a visit notification that has scrolled out of the Notifications list. And this assumes that if a fellow has visited me, he or she has also visited everybody else in the fellowship. For me to track points each day, I must check at the same time each day. This is not always feasible. And there is absolutely no way to tell who is trading except for those who have accepted trades from me.

Before accepting a player into my fellowship, it would be nice if I could know a little about them. To this end, each player should have publicly visible statistics:
  • Active Boosts (so I know if he or she has boosts that we need without having to look them up on the map)
  • Boost Percentages
  • Factory Inventory (to know whether or not they have non-boosted factories and therefore will likely not be a good trading fellow)
  • Trade History (number of trades per day over the past week (broken down by stars), top traded goods over the past week)
  • Visit History (number of neighborly help visits to both neighbors and fellows each day for the past week)
  • Point History (point total at midnight each day for the past week, so I know how actively he or she is building and scouting)
  • Number of provinces discovered
  • And while we're at it, why not let us see the player's discovered provinces? This lets me know what kind of trading partners the player has access to in his or her neighborhood--very valuable information for extending our trading reach)
Also, here is my solution for maximizing the efficiency of neighborly help visits, to both your fellows and your neighbors.

Inno, if fellowships are as important as you claim, then why are you making it such a burden to be an Archmage? I am seriously considering leaving the game because running a fellowship in a proper manner takes SO much time and is taking the fun right out of the game. Please fix this. I'm sure there are many other archmages in the same boat.

Thanks for bringing up these points, Iono. I hope Inno listens to them.

DeletedUser

Thank you all for your support. Thank you for your compliments, Zuritar. :) You must all have in mind that I am not active on this forum and that I have only posted this because other players are constantly complaining about that kind of problems. To me it seems these are reasonable suggestions, especially when it comes to what RezaGard and Zuritar pointed out in their comments - troubles Archmages and Mages have while trying to run a fellowship. Now, will the Elvenar Team try to help us on this one, or will we continue losing good Archmages and Mages - it remains to be seen.

DeletedUser1230

I just want to post support for both of your suggestions! I do not know if they respond better to threads that have the most support:) I am relatively new to this game. I agree your English is amazing! I certainly wish I spoke a second language fluently. I posted a request before reading others to enable copy and paste text. I dont know if others can do this. I am on a mac using firefox, but I cannot copy chat or messages and it is a pain to try to send the same messages to new members constantly.

DeletedUser1017

Iono....I thought all of your ideas were most excellent. Inno developers....please read that post. ;)

At this point in my game (end of research map with level 17 houses, and level 15 workshops) I have coins coming out my ears....so many coins I don't know what to do with them! Supplies, on the other hand, are scarce. I have 14 workshops, and I loop the quests on weekends (Which takes forever)...but I still run short on supplies. I agree that there has to be another (not easy) but manageable way to obtain supplies. Perhaps these magical workshops spells will help? I don't know...I haven't built the magic academy yet...still waiting to determine it's value.

DeletedUser

Thank you for supporting me on this, MystikGoddess and fawnup. MystikGoddess, thank you for encouraging me - it is always pleasant for a foreigner to hear/read that their level of knowledge when it comes to the second language is OK. :D Now, about your problem with copy/paste: I also am unable to do that. I understand how sometimes that can be a very big problem (especially when someone posts a link and there is no way to go to that page unless you type it out. I suppose that is something we are going to have to live with, because I believe that Inno developers are not really into changing that - if they wanted to enable it, they would've done so in the early versions. :( I am going to find your post and second you on that one though. :)

DeletedUser627

Thank you all for your support..... Now, will the Elvenar Team try to help us on this one, or will we continue losing good Archmages and Mages - it remains to be seen.

Unfortunately, Iono, the Elvenar Team doesn't have a good record of helping us in the manner you're asking. We continue to post requests and suggestions, but it's largely a futile effort.

I'll refrain from stating opinions as to why I think there's so little response to our ideas...given a bit of time you'll draw your own conclusions.

Ciao!

maeter75

These are great suggestions and would be so helpful for people in fellowship groups. Wondering what a member has for boosts or when they last did help to other members is very tiring.

DeletedUser

I just want to post support for both of your suggestions! I do not know if they respond better to threads that have the most support:) I am relatively new to this game. I agree your English is amazing! I certainly wish I spoke a second language fluently. I posted a request before reading others to enable copy and paste text. I dont know if others can do this. I am on a mac using firefox, but I cannot copy chat or messages and it is a pain to try to send the same messages to new members constantly.
To copy text from the game, do the following:
  1. Click the desired text (nothing visible happens).
  2. Right click that same text (a pop-up menu appears).
  3. Select Settings... (a small Adobe Flash Player Settings dialog box appears).
  4. Click Close (I sometimes have to click this twice to get the dialog box to close--once it closes, the text you right clicked in Step 2 above will be highlighted and selected).
  5. Copy the text into your clipboard using Ctrl+C or whatever keyboard combination does that on a Mac.
Have fun!

DeletedUser

I also think these were great suggestions. I do hope that Inno takes note and actually for once impliments this.

I also think having something in a fellowship membership tab about when the player was last logged into the server (or is online) would be invaluable.
Example: Arianah Ambassador Last logged in Khelonaar on 8/31/17 at 12:15pm

DeletedUser8847

I have some idea that would work out just nice.
Built the store room where we can put objects that we don't need if we don't want to sell them.
Store room also would make some free space in active play area

DeletedUser8783

could you make the little figures on the roosters in The Gathering of the Herds walk around the city...just the little people moving around are kinda getting boring... thanks