• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suggestions for improving this forum.

lauren1957

With so many forms of online entertainment, gaming companies need to do something to lure folks to their site(s), and KEEP them playing. Games that provide a lot of information to help folks along will prevail over those that do not.

For Elvenar, we used to have Gems of Knowledge. That site stopped posting at chapter 16. Jack Luyt picked up the slack on Facebook for a time. Now we have iDavis' site, which is event-rich and chapter-poor in terms of the information it provides. Events are optional; getting through the chapters/guest races is not. So, how about if this forum picks up the ball and provides:

1. Best order for research for each chapter.
2. Settlement Layout suggestions for each guest race.
3. Full explanation about how guest race buildings (especially in higher chapters) must be laid out for optimum results.
4. Customer support that does not make you go through 2-3 rounds of back-and-forth before you "get a real person with a non-stock answer."
5. Whatever else is needed (hoping for comments from players here)

If something is not done to help with the above, I predict a high expectation of attrition beginning with chapter 6. That leads to /endelvenar, which would be a shame.

Takeaway: Can/will this forum resource pick up the ball and change from lots of gossip/guessing to lots of information? I am not picking on individual posts; I am suggesting a new and needed section to help players navigate through and enjoy a beautiful game. Some who read this will see no need for what I request/suggest. That's fine, but tell me why. Let's hear from Inno as well, please.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
There are the scrolls of knowledge for most of this. There are long conversations for every chapter that can lead you through them if you look for them. Easiest way for me to find them is to search Announcements and click on the link to chapter discussion. Besides Elvengems, I have always found guest race layouts either in this forum's or Beta forum's conversation for the chapter. I point those I play the game with to those sources now. Just trying to point you to the info you think is missing. Hope this helps you.

This forum has zero control of support and replies to submitted tickets. Sorry.

adding: As far as I can tell Elvengems no longer exists. The page is gone. I'm guessing whoever was paying for the website has stopped supporting it.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Now we have iDavis' site, which is event-rich and chapter-poor in terms of the information it provides. Events are optional; getting through the chapters/guest races is not.
Some would argue chapters are optional.

I had a fighting and Spire tutorial on Google slides for awhile that was originally shared fellowship-wide but other AMs have shared it with their FS since. That’s why I got the Fighting stuff on SoK since I had stuff for it already. As someone who has made tutorials before, it is very time consuming work, especially getting the right situations to screenshot or very often, needing to make the custom graphics yourself from scratch. I would not want people taking my stuff and slapping their name on it, as would be taking other people’s work from Gems or elsewhere and posting it here without proper attribution. That being said, anyone that wants to make a comprehensive tutorial can just go make one. They don’t need a discussion or even a website. If it is quality stuff that people find helpful, word of mouth will spread, like i-Davis and even Spire Wizard. I am not the first to have made a tutorial. There are plenty who came before me like @Mykan and MinMaxGamer. The real question is how many people here would roll up their sleeves to actually make one versus just talking about it or waiting for someone else to do it? Did I mention the time consuming part? :)

I am going to miss Gem’s tourney calculator.

This is a real longshot. Perhaps Inno could revive and host elvengems. Considering how important a site like that is to retaining new players, I think it would be in their best interest. And if it was official, maybe someone would volunteer to update and maintain it.

And while they are at it, perhaps also host elvenarchitect and elvenstats. If they shut down, I'd probably end up leaving the game. I'll miss elvengems, but I'm far enough along that it's not a game breaker anymore.

(What I'd really love is to have the architect 2D view in the game, both in sandbox mode as it currently exists and real mode to actually move the buildings. But I understand that was shot down, much to my surprise, in the 'Ideas' forum.)

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I wouldn't expect Inno to give any more information than what Wiki has because it would be giving away spoilers. It can be part of the fun to analyse and figure things out on our own so it doesn't become just about clicking and following instructions. If Wiki is not enough then there's forums and other social media. Especially on this forum there's a wealth of information. I think that every question asked here gets quality answers, variety of views and up-to-date information.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm not knocking them, but those sites are of limited use to a lot of players.

Elvenarchitect is not mobile friendly and both elvengems and elvenstats have been outdated for at least as long as I've been playing, (2.5 years-ish.)

I wouldn't expect Inno to give any more information than what Wiki has because it would be giving away spoilers. It can be part of the fun to analyse and figure things out on our own so it doesn't become just about clicking and following instructions. If Wiki is not enough then there's forums and other social media. Especially on this forum there's a wealth of information. I think that every question asked here gets quality answers, variety of views and up-to-date information.
I agree. Much of the fun for me has been in figuring out how to navigate each chapter, how to layout each race in a very limited space and then planning ahead for the next chapter's needs before I get there. Isn't this the point of it all? I have asked questions here in this forum (some of them really stupid questions) and have been rewarded with a great amount of information and I have always been really well received by all of you. I guess having a place to go for answers would simply provide an option for those less interested in struggling a bit and does no harm for those of us who may not use it. Great topic!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If I’m understanding this correctly then we have a 2D view in the app. It really helps with arranging your city and finding lost buildings & roads.
Take this with a grain of salt because the devs have been known to contradict the very information they have given out. In one of the live Q&A’s, they said they have encountered some limitations with HTML5 in implementing the hide building feature that mobile has. However, they have also claimed music is too expensive to change and yet, here we are…

Smooper

I am working on the chapter 12 guest race guide but it is slow going because I am living it. I also want to post my observations on this chapter and get others opinions. I don't want it to just be my way to play chapter 12; there should be alternatives. Besides that I am a basically mediocre player. I have always been very active in game forums though. I once ran a weekly newsletter for a browser game I played. It had interviews, important happenings and news. I enjoyed doing it. I will try my best to make a guide that is simple and informative.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This is really good news IMO. iDavis site now has tabs in the guest races pages for layouts. They are still locked but I'm hoping that means iDavis will start showing those like Elvengems used to.

Deleted User - 850238979

Takeaway: Can/will this forum resource pick up the ball and change from lots of gossip/guessing to lots of information?
At this point I'm convinced we experience differing realities.

The scrolls are a wealth of information and the players who hang out in the forum's are far from being gossips & guessers; by far they are intelligent, experienced and knowledgeable. I would even go so far as to say they often know more about optimal game play than any paid staff at Inno.

bkbajb

I agree. Much of the fun for me has been in figuring out how to navigate each chapter, how to layout each race in a very limited space and then planning ahead for the next chapter's needs before I get there. Isn't this the point of it all? I have asked questions here in this forum (some of them really stupid questions) and have been rewarded with a great amount of information and I have always been really well received by all of you. I guess having a place to go for answers would simply provide an option for those less interested in struggling a bit and does no harm for those of us who may not use it. Great topic!
Your comment is great and I agree. Some people just want things handed to them instead of figuring it out. I love the challenges that this game brings and I would be bored without them. The higher chapters are not easy and that may be why a lot of people quit.