• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suggestions on better ways to do KP sharing for AW's

Ronaldson

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on the best way to share KP for AW's in our FS. Right now, we do the KP threads where a person donates to the previous persons AW of choice, and so on. It's too slow, and not everyone participates. Also, we get too many non members stealing chests from our members AW's, and leaving unclaimed chests behind. This is tolerated among some of you, but not us. This post isn't about AW chest poachers, as i have read nothing will be done to prevent it. (letting FS's have to option to prevent poachers would be nice, but keep dreaming, right? LOL)...
Also most Poachers never donate enough to make a difference, they just donate 1KP to try and get a chest even though they know it annoys people, so I don't think most of them have good intentions.
I digressed too much already, sorry, i promised to not go into the poaching issue, but i did, so sorry...
Anyway, Better ideas for better KP sharing systems is what i'm looking for...And it's much appreciated!

defiantoneks

well, aside from the threads there's little you can really do. it's a matter of communication and teamwork.
things my FS' do:
- have amount threads, so KP follows what is requested by the previous person, as you mentioned
- have specific rune shard swaps, created by users as needed/desired ("hey i have xx Golden Abyss shards, who wants to swap 10, 5, 3" etc so several spots get filled at once
- call out in chat when a poacher is involved. we find the same poacher on several of a member's AWs, placing just one. easy enough to holler out and dogpile the AW with even just a 3AKP instant and poof, they're gone. when we know this happens we all make a point to check each of that players AWs because more than likely there are several affected

but if your peeps dont communicate and take part, i'm not sure what options you really have.

edit: something i've seen and will mention: if you receive more help than you give, the system will block any further donations til you GIVE help. so, theoretically your FS could coordinate GIVING a ton of help to a single member, while they help no one. this would lock their AWs til they give help to others. no idea how you would time it out so everyone benefits, or anything else. just saying, it IS possible to get an AW locked so no one can add to it, which would effectively block poaching.

Ronaldson

well, aside from the threads there's little you can really do. it's a matter of communication and teamwork.
things my FS' do:
- have amount threads, so KP follows what is requested by the previous person, as you mentioned
- have specific rune shard swaps, created by users as needed/desired ("hey i have xx Golden Abyss shards, who wants to swap 10, 5, 3" etc so several spots get filled at once
- call out in chat when a poacher is involved. we find the same poacher on several of a member's AWs, placing just one. easy enough to holler out and dogpile the AW with even just a 3AKP instant and poof, they're gone. when we know this happens we all make a point to check each of that players AWs because more than likely there are several affected

but if your peeps dont communicate and take part, i'm not sure what options you really have.

edit: something i've seen and will mention: if you receive more help than you give, the system will block any further donations til you GIVE help. so, theoretically your FS could coordinate GIVING a ton of help to a single member, while they help no one. this would lock their AWs til they give help to others. no idea how you would time it out so everyone benefits, or anything else. just saying, it IS possible to get an AW locked so no one can add to it, which would effectively block poaching.
Thank you for your suggestion...The rune shard thing is a great idea, i will forward that to my fellow members....We will figure something out eventually!

Ronaldson

I used to think it might be an idea to send a PM to a poacher a friendly reminder to not donate to our AW's, but i'm afraid all that will do is embolden them. I agree with a lot of the things Inno does to not try and make Elvenar like a "nanny state" concerning little to no limits on trades of tier 1 and 2 items, and the AW chest poachers, but it can be annoying. I try to just live with it. I'd rather have it the way it is instead of an over regulated "nanny state".

Shae-Leigh

Rushing in Place
We do wonder society.Works really well, and less spammy. I am not sure if I can post outside links, but if you look on the gems of knowledge site, on the ancient wonders, they describe how it works.

Last edited:

defiantoneks

I used to think it might be an idea to send a PM to a poacher a friendly reminder to not donate to our AW's, but i'm afraid all that will do is embolden them. I agree with a lot of the things Inno does to not try and make Elvenar like a "nanny state" concerning little to no limits on trades of tier 1 and 2 items, and the AW chest poachers, but it can be annoying. I try to just live with it. I'd rather have it the way it is instead of an over regulated "nanny state".
we've tried that. the true poachers dont care what you like. it's all about stealing KP from your FS.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
KP threads work best. We have Perks (whatever amount it is up to), 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, 75, 100, 150. That gives enough choice that you can use runes as well (for example 10 runes on a 150 thread, 5 runes on 75 KP thread, or a combination on any).
Poachers are not poachers, they are contributors. They give whatever extra amount they donated, which didn't need to be filled by the fellowship to upgrade the wonder. They will invest to gain a return, but can readily be combated with the KP threads when multiple people use them.

Katwick

Cartographer
A Net0 approach has several advantages, of which the most important is that your contributions are reimbursed within several hours. This allows you to LOAN the  SAME Resources, several times over, while you are accumulating the 2/3rds that isn't reimbursed when you finally level your own AW.

More subtly:
  • Advanced players don't hog all of the Rune Chests
  • You can convert Runes/AW Instants/Daily Free Points/Raw KPs into Runes and/or AW Instants (which are both storable) by claiming or avoiding the combination Rune chests
  • There is no need to take turns, so an AW level is often completed just a few hours after it's offered.
For emphasis, you can LOAN the same resources over and over again, as 1/3rd of the leveling costs are reimbursed when the chests are awarded.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Also, we get too many non members stealing chests from our members AW's, and leaving unclaimed chests behind. This is tolerated among some of you, but not us. This post isn't about AW chest poachers, as i have read nothing will be done to prevent it. (letting FS's have to option to prevent poachers would be nice, but keep dreaming, right? LOL)...
I have never once complained about a non-FS member putting points in my AW. If they only put a few points in, they probably get bumped out of the chests by 1 of my fellowship members. And if they put more than a few points in, they have made a significant contribution to my AW. Either way, I benefit. And there have been times where a neighbor kept putting points in my AWs and I eventually messaged them. We ended up setting up a private non-FS swap thread.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I prefer NetZero over all others.
  • It has almost no admin with less work than swap threads
  • It solves your poaching issue
  • It solves your missed chest rewards issue
  • Usually only 1 message per wonder
  • There's no waiting on anything, ever
  • You can log in and dump KP in seconds if you are short on time.
  • It has a simple, fair, and equal rate of return for every KP invested
To be fair there are some downsides
  • For some players, the explanation is hard to grasp at first
  • You need 8 active players to make it work (one per reward chest + owner)
  • A tiny bit of math is required (you have to be able to add 15s, 20s, and 5s to figure out the value of a chest)
  • If there is a screw up it takes a few messages to fix
  • You might need to add a side system for FS Perk KP dumping like Partners.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You could try contests to stimulate interest in the group and use KPs as rewards.

Are you using the Knowledge Point Perk? Some FSs create groups within the FS to share the free KPs. You could pair one player who uses the swaps with one that does not.

Private swaps are another way to draw in players and create trust in one's fellows.

Now, after all of these ideas I want to point out, that players whose trades you have taken that cannot reach you to polish, often give 1 KP as a thank you, because it's all that they  can do to help build a relationship with you. If you choose to write keep that in mind, especially if they are a neighbor.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
How does that work? Seems one sided.
Folks have many reasons why they do not use swap threads. Of course both players would have to consent, but I have found, in my experience, that simply opening a dialog with a player, and proposing some form of exchange, works exceptionally well. Of course if they don't answer mail at all, there is no point in participating. Believe it or not, some folks don't read their mail, or delete it unopened. :eek:

Lady Dastardly

@ajqtrz, would you consider adding links to the other 3 parts to your initial post in the thread you linked above? The search function drops KP as a searchable term for being too short, so your posts on the subject are hard to find quickly. Or maybe see if a mod can merge them into 1 thread? I thought it was a good overview and gives players a starting point to branch out from as they research what will work best for their group.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion on the best way to share KP for AW's in our FS. Right now, we do the KP threads where a person donates to the previous persons AW of choice, and so on. It's too slow, and not everyone participates. Also, we get too many non members stealing chests from our members AW's, and leaving unclaimed chests behind. This is tolerated among some of you, but not us. This post isn't about AW chest poachers, as i have read nothing will be done to prevent it. (letting FS's have to option to prevent poachers would be nice, but keep dreaming, right? LOL)...
Also most Poachers never donate enough to make a difference, they just donate 1KP to try and get a chest even though they know it annoys people, so I don't think most of them have good intentions.
I digressed too much already, sorry, i promised to not go into the poaching issue, but i did, so sorry...
Anyway, Better ideas for better KP sharing systems is what i'm looking for...And it's much appreciated!
We have a rather unique system and it is very effective! We have an alphabetical list in our Overview tab and each week beginning on Monday we move through the list with the selected player hosting Raids. Each player donates either 10kp or a rune to the hosts AWs throughout the week to create sort of an even playing field, and I do watch for those donating too much and post reminders when this happens. On Sunday, we all jump in and "raid" the chests for the desired runes! I totally encourage smack talking and it makes it more fun! The idea is to steal chests from eachother, compete for the top chest by dropping loads of KP, but only for the chests a player wants. Like if someone needs runes to build or upgrade. The host usually ends up upgrading several AWs and those with fewer will usually upgrade two or even three times. At any time players are encouraged to post in chat when they have an AW nearing completion and include how many chests are available. We have had to start posting pretty early in the build because trespassers have noticed we all have multiple upgraded AWs. We quickly throw them off! During FA, and when a player has only a few AWs and they are all in rune phase or upgrading, we hold lightning rounds and for 1 day we raid everyone with 100kp or less. I am proud to say our team holds quite an impressive collection of higher level AWs and we all have 3 or more.