• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser7370

I think I very much like the idea of handling events sort of like guest races. Having event buildings that produce event supplies and may have value after the event is a great idea. Most should require road connections. Such a system eliminates much of the ability to pop up L1 workshops and factories, and also reduces how long jobs can be done ahead of receiving the quest. Although I would have to say such a system should also likely include a revamping of the daily buildings. Possibly the building rewards on chests instead give 10 building points, all buildings are available every day of the event, but their prices vary from 5-15 points each day according to a fixed schedule.

For people that really rush through these things some building like a beet farm, similar in production to a copper foundry but producing sugar beets, or whatever the event item is, could be a reward for a quest like 20 steps in. That then allows a very active fast player a slightly higher chance of obtaining the 3rd grand prize.

DeletedUser5776

79h left on beta
5h left on today's prize

So it should be
5h new daily
29h new daily
53 new daily
77h new daily
79h event over

unless I'm mistaken and for the last 2h the prize just stays the same.

Historically there is no different reward for the last two hours, so the last prize is up for 26 hours total. At least there were only 29 prizes recorded for the Easter Event, and I think I remember the Winter event being the same.

DeletedUser9627

There was scaling
maybe part of the problem is
we automatically think that everyone should be able to finish
perhaps when they announce a quest they should say ''not everyone will be able to do all tasks''

I never expected to finish the whole thing, but I did expect that my quests wouldn't essentially rely on RNG of the marketplace.

It'd be as simple as making the quest goal instead of requiring 100 elixir (which I cannot produce or even afford at my chapter), instead requiring 1500 Marble/Lumber/Steel. Still very difficult, but possible.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I think I very much like the idea of handling events sort of like guest races. Having event buildings that produce event supplies and may have value after the event is a great idea. Most should require road connections.

except
then you'd have to plan space for city improvements
and guest race
and then also for quest only buildings

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As long as the buildings are kept small it should be minimally invasive.
Best of all might be Event buildings that appear outside the city boundaries, on the grassy plain at the bottom edge. Then rather than functional buildings, progress in the event could be applied as alternate background art that leaves the city untouched. A field of apples appears, a silo appears beside them, eventually a cidery, complete with tipsy-elves.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Best of all might be Event buildings that appear outside the city boundaries, on the grassy plain at the bottom edge.

Or
An early task is to build a portal to the quest world.
Just a two by two building that takes you to a whole new city where you build the quest building
or plant the turnip seeds
or whatever

What did you think all those L1 buildings were?

the L1's are optional
unless you are (name withheld) in which case they are a dastardly exploit for which you should be skinned alive then thrown to the hogs

qaccy

You mean like the task that tells you to produce 300 beverages?

We're referencing different things here. I'm talking about the quests that ask to gather supplies and do not have to be completed with beverage productions. Soggy was as well, for that matter (and they're who I originally replied to). Perhaps we should clarify what we're both talking about before trying to argue with each other?

Anyway, it's been discussed and argued to death that the costs for this event are rather prohibitively high. I think at this point we're all just talking in circles about that subject.

DeletedUser8187

And your argument fell apart at the very start.
Scout two provinces?
Click 'scout', go pretend to have a real life, come back xxx hours later, click 'scout' again.
Do a trillion beverages?
click click click click click click click click beverages
five minute break for a rush pee maybe a drink
five minute break to go ahead and
oops five minutes are up
and repeat for the next 22 hours

Well, I have a suggestion. While you are waiting for your beverages to cool. You can read some of the threads. You guys/girls (ladies/gentlemen depending on your ages) are highly entertaining. I have lost endless amounts of time on the Forum. Even missed out on claiming my coins on upgrading my residence AND my boosted manufacturer. (Forgot to go and cycle through my quests) :);)

DeletedUser4493

Normally I proudly post a screenshot for finishing an event, I am not going to this time. I finished, but what a waste of resources. I waited every day for a neat new building and wow, disappointed. The population buildings didn't give more population then a max level house at its chapter level. I know it didn't take me long to do the math so did anyone on your end even bother looking up the population values each chapter house already offered? You basically tricked people into placing worthless, land consuming chicken glades and mother dragons. So you could sell a few expansions?

The culture values were not impressive, in-game culture was worth keeping this event, the event culture buildings based on size and value were not better, save the goat rocks. And who wants disappearing buildings? That's the most ridiculous concept. And what were Chapter 9-11 players going to do with pure culture buildings?! Sell a library or willow to place the Herds!! They don't need culture, you over powered the willows and libraries with culture so that nothing else fits in their cities except mana buildings.

Anyways, I did it, it wasn't hard - it was boring and extremely repetitive. It was a waste of time and resources. It required zero skill and zero attention. It lacked what every other event has offered before : Prizes worth winning. Excitement for checking on a new daily prize. Interesting quests. Do any of the developers actually play through the event? of course not, or they would already know how totally boring this event was, and then fix it before taking it to live servers. I honestly forgot i was still doing the event most days and spent the other half of the days talking myself back into finishing it.....

Play the game. See what every chapter faces, their unique chapter stresses, and base a little more hands on experience in your values and rewards, quest difficulty vs. enjoyment. Give beta servers more then a week with your event, and listen to their feedback.

dikke ikke

For me the math was simple, I wanted to upgrade my glossy gardens or replace them with better buildings, none of the new buildings got even close. Now I have to think on what to do with my 4300+ beets :(